THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said 20 and 15 last year. He got 19 and 16. Lost by 1.

Y'all keep riding with D12 and let me know how that turns out for you.

Howard is like CP3 at this point. Making it isn't good enough. Win something and cement your greatness. Both have good enough teams to do so.

Last edited:
The idea that Dwight shrinks in the playoffs is shared by a lot of people. Just points to how typecasting works in the NBA. True or not, once you get labeled as something, it's almost impossible get rid of that reputation that the general public has built for you. These talking heads on tv actually get people to believe the nonsense that they spew. 

Howard is supposed to be a dominant force. There is no reason why he shouldn't have dominated all of GS bigs. If he's hurt sit down. If he's playing ain't nobody tryna hear his excuses.

Lost in the WCF and said he was still a winner. What elite competitor says this right after losing? Ha ha ha

That's why we call him soft. Defend that Howard apologists.

Last edited:
Howard is supposed to be a dominant force. There is no reason why he shouldn't have dominated all of GS bigs. If he's hurt sit down. If he's playing ain't nobody tryna hear his excuses.

Lost in the WCF and said he was still a winner. What elite competitor says this right after losing? Ha ha ha
Brah it was torture, between him and DeAndre Jordan missing foul shots all series

Yall can ride with him all yall want, he got ran out of two franchises that all but wanted him to be the centerpeice of the team, in his prime.  Every year he has an excuse. 

it is unfair that dwight gets the blame these past two years when he's been solid in the playoffs and his sorry excuse for an all star teammate has been a liability 

Would never think a Lakers fan would be this objective regarding Dwight

Brah it was torture, between him and DeAndre Jordan missing foul shots all series

Yall can ride with him all yall want, he got ran out of two franchises that all but wanted him to be the centerpeice of the team, in his prime.  Every year he has an excuse. 
Bruh you said Dwight shrinks in the playoffs.

That is factually not true. So where did that come from? 

I said 20 and 15 last year. He got 19 and 16. Lost by 1.

You said 25 & 15 in the playoffs. He averaged 27 & 15 against Atlanta in 2011, but the rest of the Magic combined shot 36% from the field. It's not that simple as "oh, just average 25 & 15, no big deal."

That's why we call him soft. Defend that Howard apologists.
Dwight Howard isn't shaquille o'neal. He isn't as skilled. He was hurt and he was playing against the best defense in the NBA and one of the greatest teams ever. These are the facts of it.

D12 comes through almost every time but since he doesn't fit your arbitrary line of 37 and 20 he fails. Get out of here with that man.

Last edited:
The idea that Dwight shrinks in the playoffs is shared by a lot of people. Just points to how typecasting works in the NBA. True or not, once you get labeled as something, it's almost impossible get rid of that reputation that the general public has built for you. These talking heads on tv actually get people to believe the nonsense that they spew. 

They make Zero sense.

Dwight took his team to the finals. Has been to the Conference Finals like 4 times. Career playoff numbers of 20 & 14. What else do y'all expect from him?

Yet he "shrinks" in the playoffs? Smh.

Harden chasing GS best players around but it's his fault. Who are the bigs GS has that's better then Howard, how did Curry get that rebound over him?

You said 25 & 15 in the playoffs. He averaged 27 & 15 against Atlanta in 2011, but the rest of the Magic combined shot 36% from the field. It's not that simple as "oh, just average 25 & 15, no big deal."

25 and 15 this year healthy. I said 20 and 15 last year because of injury. Players are suppose to step up and elevate their game in the post season. How the hell is 20 and 15 unreasonable for player of his status?

Last edited:
Harden chasing GS best players around but it's his fault. Who are the bigs GS has that's better then Howard, how did Curry get that rebound over him?
Bro it's 10 players playing on the floor at a time and there's an infinite amount of circumstances that occur throughout a game. Basketball is not played like the example that you are citing man 
laugh.gif
 you can't pick out one play to fit your narrative g. 

You really think Harden was "chasing around" GS best players is the reason he was struggling, tells me all that I need to know about you.

:lol:

Shrinks as in doesn't step up.

It's the playoffs, win or go home, put everything on the line, make a name for yourself.

But yall keep sipping that D Howard kool aid.  The worst part about his excuses is he's the only one making him.  The eye test says he's soft and lacks skill for all the talent he has.

Like I said, he got ran outta town by two teams, on contract years, in his prime, and both times they were gonna give him the keys to the city.  In LA they were talking about Kobe passing him the torch when he retired....that is, until he played a game.

Harden got burnt out that game 7 he was playing since last year July on the national team...how many games did he miss last year, two? 

Much respect to Harden that's a lottery team without him.

Y'all got me on Hardens defense. Still though. His match ups were a lot tougher then Howards.

BTW I missed my NBA thread family. NFL been getting all my attention. Knicks going down tonight.

Last edited:
Shrinks as in doesn't step up.

It's the playoffs, win or go home, put everything on the line, make a name for yourself.

But yall keep sipping that D Howard kool aid.  The worst part about his excuses is he's the only one making him.  The eye test says he's soft and lacks skill for all the talent he has.

Like I said, he got ran outta town by two teams, on contract years, in his prime, and both times they were gonna give him the keys to the city.  In LA they were talking about Kobe passing him the torch when he retired....that is, until he played a game.

You sir, don't follow bball and just listen to hot takes. Dwight didn't get "chased" out of Orlando. He forced his way out, just like Melo, Cp3, Deron. Basically all the big stars that wanted to play in a "big market" and follow LeBron's blueprint for a Superteam.

Lakers fans just have to face it that nobody really wants to play with an old Kobe in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom