THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

elaborate pls.
Dudes is hungry to have LeBron's name on their lips today. It's been fun 
laugh.gif

I don't even blame the Warriors. I can't remember another championship team whose success was chalked up to luck/health to this extent. Especially for a team that steamrolled the entire league all season.

Thank you! People are getting mad at the Warriors players for responding but critics are going extra hard to discredit them like they wasn't doing it ALL season last year. Then, when they did it the ENTIRE regular season, dudes were discrediting them saying, "well...it's just the regular season anyway. Nobody really plays until the playoffs." :smh:

Thank you! People are getting mad at the Warriors players for responding but critics are going extra hard to discredit them like they wasn't doing it ALL season last year. Then, when they did it the ENTIRE regular season, dudes were discrediting them saying, "well...it's just the regular season anyway. Nobody really plays until the playoffs."
mean.gif
They played who was in front of them, wasn't their choice. It's still fair IMO to point out how every team they faced had a significant injury. It's up to you if you think by stating that that it's "criticism" or "taking away from the title". I don't see it like that but it is what it is

The way I see it, the Warriors have the right to say whatever they want. They're the defending champs, and until they're dethroned, they have the title. People are going to hate regardless. 

Trolling

Why exactly is 50 wins is the barometer here? Because it’s a nice round number? It sounds good? That’s just nine wins more than a .500 team. Fifty wins is just a good season. Not great. It feels like a player who bats .300 or someone who has 1,000 yards rushing in the NFL. All those numbers sounded better a few years ago before the Statistical Revolution.

Look at this list of the best regular seasons in NBA history (winning percentage .750 or better). Excluding the strike-shortened seasons, and focusing on just the modern era, these players (and their teams, obviously) beat the following 62+ win teams:

* Jordan beat four of them (’96 Sonics, ’97 Jazz, ’93 Suns, ’98 Jazz) in the Finals
* Dwight Howard beat two (’09 Cavs, ’09 Celtics) in the ECS, ECF
* Magic beat two (’85 Celtics, ’91 Blazers) in the Finals, WCF
* Larry beat one ‘(81 76ers) in the ECF
* LeBron beat one (’11 Bulls) in the ECF
* Tim Duncan beat one (’05 Suns) in WCF
* Kevin Durant beat one (’12 Spurs) in WCF
* Dirk beat one (’06 Spurs) in WCS

You can take this any way you’d like. Those four teams Jordan beat? All in the West.

So Kobe is the leader of beating a lot of good teams in the playoffs (per the graphic above) but when it comes to “ELITE” teams – those that won 75% of their regular season games – Kobe has never beaten one in the playoffs. And he’s unlikely to start now that Shaq and Pau Gasol are just L.A. memories.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/05/28/lebron-james-hate-strong-mystifying/

Trolling

Why exactly is 50 wins is the barometer here? Because it’s a nice round number? It sounds good? That’s just nine wins more than a .500 team. Fifty wins is just a good season. Not great. It feels like a player who bats .300 or someone who has 1,000 yards rushing in the NFL. All those numbers sounded better a few years ago before the Statistical Revolution.

Look at this list of the best regular seasons in NBA history (winning percentage .750 or better). Excluding the strike-shortened seasons, and focusing on just the modern era, these players (and their teams, obviously) beat the following 62+ win teams:

* Jordan beat four of them (’96 Sonics, ’97 Jazz, ’93 Suns, ’98 Jazz) in the Finals

* Dwight Howard beat two (’09 Cavs, ’09 Celtics) in the ECS, ECF

* Magic beat two (’85 Celtics, ’91 Blazers) in the Finals, WCF

* Larry beat one ‘(81 76ers) in the ECF

* LeBron beat one (’11 Bulls) in the ECF

* Tim Duncan beat one (’05 Suns) in WCF

* Kevin Durant beat one (’12 Spurs) in WCF

* Dirk beat one (’06 Spurs) in WCS

You can take this any way you’d like. Those four teams Jordan beat? All in the West.

So Kobe is the leader of beating a lot of good teams in the playoffs (per the graphic above) but when it comes to “ELITE” teams – those that won 75% of their regular season games – Kobe has never beaten one in the playoffs. And he’s unlikely to start now that Shaq and Pau Gasol are just L.A. memories.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/05/28/lebron-james-hate-strong-mystifying/

#Facts!

Correct me if im wrong, but didn't Conley only miss one game in that series and played 30-40 minutes in every game? Didn't he also play in both of the games they won with that same broken face? Didn't he also outplay Steph and had 22 in his first game playing with the mask?

Funny thing...had they won that series...I doubt anyone makes a big deal about it. But since they loss...everyone brings it up.

Last edited:
i dont know who this big dude sasah kaun is on the cavaliers, but he seems ok. anothr big body for the cavs

Correct me if im wrong, but didn't Conley only miss one game in that series and played 30-40 minutes in every game? Didn't he also play in both of the games they won with that same broken face? Didn't he also outplay Steph and had 22 in his first game playing with the mask?

Funny thing...had they won that series...I doubt anyone makes a big deal about it. But since they loss...everyone brings it up.
He played after missing the last two games against Portland and the first game against the Warriors. Still had a broken face and was coming off surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom