THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: @ trying to act like the Conley injury wasn't a big deal.

Any energy the damn guy had was used all up in Game 2. Most of that was probably off adrenaline alone and he should've been out for another couple of weeks at the very least. If they won the series, it would have been an even bigger deal because most people just say "the warriors beat the grizz and conley was hurt", but most casual fans probably don't understand how important Conley is to the Grizz. I mean, you do have people on here who think he's still not on the level of a Damian Lillard so...

Last edited:
the '15 Warriors were statistically the best team since the '96 Bulls...

they were winning it all no matter who they had to play
'96 Bulls never trailed in any series

Golden State was down in 2 different series and both teams were missing key players, one of them was even missing 40% of their starting lineup.

They were the best REGULAR SEASON team since those Bulls. That doesn't mean a goddamn thing in May & June. We've seen a 67 win team lose in the first round before. The playoffs are a different animal.

An animal that Golden State had issues dealing with, and may not have overcome if their opponents weren't missing chunks of their rotation.

I fear they don't have the depth. But as well with trying to feed LMA if Kawhi is healthy isn't he the number one option? Danny said, "This is the first time we've had a guy to dump the ball into(regardig LMA)."

I think it sucked we didn't see Kawhi healthy from the start last year.

I have OKC taking Portland's spot in the playoffs and have Sac, Phx, and maybe the Lakers (Dallas could be in there but I think they don't have their pick this year so who knows) fighting for 8th.

kttcolicape
kttcolicape
kttcolicape
If only the 02 Kings had one one more game...smh why Bean.

I blame rck

Last edited:
the '15 Warriors were statistically the best team since the '96 Bulls...

they were winning it all no matter who they had to play
'96 Bulls never trailed in any series

Golden State was down in 2 different series and both teams were missing key players, one of them was even missing 40% of their starting lineup.

They were the best REGULAR SEASON team since those Bulls. That doesn't mean a goddamn thing in May & June. We've seen a 67 win team lose in the first round before. The playoffs are a different animal.

An animal that Golden State had issues dealing with, and may not have overcome if their opponents weren't missing chunks of their rotation.

If Bogut and Ezeli was healthy when the Clippers eliminated them 2 years ago you think they still would have won?

If Steph never got hurt would the Warriors been elite already?

If if was a fifth then we all be drunk.

Trolling

Why exactly is 50 wins is the barometer here? Because it’s a nice round number? It sounds good? That’s just nine wins more than a .500 team. Fifty wins is just a good season. Not great. It feels like a player who bats .300 or someone who has 1,000 yards rushing in the NFL. All those numbers sounded better a few years ago before the Statistical Revolution.

Look at this list of the best regular seasons in NBA history (winning percentage .750 or better). Excluding the strike-shortened seasons, and focusing on just the modern era, these players (and their teams, obviously) beat the following 62+ win teams:

* Jordan beat four of them (’96 Sonics, ’97 Jazz, ’93 Suns, ’98 Jazz) in the Finals

* Dwight Howard beat two (’09 Cavs, ’09 Celtics) in the ECS, ECF

* Magic beat two (’85 Celtics, ’91 Blazers) in the Finals, WCF

* Larry beat one ‘(81 76ers) in the ECF

* LeBron beat one (’11 Bulls) in the ECF

* Tim Duncan beat one (’05 Suns) in WCF

* Kevin Durant beat one (’12 Spurs) in WCF

* Dirk beat one (’06 Spurs) in WCS

You can take this any way you’d like. Those four teams Jordan beat? All in the West.

So Kobe is the leader of beating a lot of good teams in the playoffs (per the graphic above) but when it comes to “ELITE” teams – those that won 75% of their regular season games – Kobe has never beaten one in the playoffs. And he’s unlikely to start now that Shaq and Pau Gasol are just L.A. memories.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/05/28/lebron-james-hate-strong-mystifying/

#Facts!

Wade and Bosh

Trolling

Why exactly is 50 wins is the barometer here? Because it’s a nice round number? It sounds good? That’s just nine wins more than a .500 team. Fifty wins is just a good season. Not great. It feels like a player who bats .300 or someone who has 1,000 yards rushing in the NFL. All those numbers sounded better a few years ago before the Statistical Revolution.

Look at this list of the best regular seasons in NBA history (winning percentage .750 or better). Excluding the strike-shortened seasons, and focusing on just the modern era, these players (and their teams, obviously) beat the following 62+ win teams:

* Jordan beat four of them (’96 Sonics, ’97 Jazz, ’93 Suns, ’98 Jazz) in the Finals

You can take this any way you’d like. Those four teams Jordan beat? All in the West.

So Kobe is the leader of beating a lot of good teams in the playoffs (per the graphic above) but when it comes to “ELITE” teams – those that won 75% of their regular season games – Kobe has never beaten one in the playoffs. And he’s unlikely to start now that Shaq and Pau Gasol are just L.A. memories.

YIKES.

Does anyone know their respective winning percentages against 50+ win playoff teams? I'm starting to think that this just might be a case where Lebron doesn't get a chance to face as many as the other guys on that graphic did. Like, if he faced 8 and took out 7, that's pretty damn impressive and I can't really hold it against him for not getting a shot anymore.

@Chester McFloppy

If we're talking post-Shaq championships (2009, 2010), the one thing that stands out to me about Kobe going through the West at the time was there wasn't really a historic team. The Spurs didn't re-invent themselves yet, Thunder and Grizzlies were too young, Jazz were overmatched, Mavs would self-implode, Nuggets and Suns weren't quite good enough/had bad luck.

But that's the NBA.

Does anybody watch games anymore? Yall were itching for preseason to start. There's 3 games on and yall in here talking bout the 96 bulls :smh:

Last edited:

Trolling

And the plot thickens.

Does anybody watch games anymore? Yall were itching for preseason to start. There's 3 games on and yall in here talking bout the 96 bulls
mean.gif
Preseason brings out the worst in everyone 
laugh.gif

Besides, i'm over here watching and hoping Clayton has the game of his life 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone know their respective winning percentages against 50+ win playoff teams? I'm starting to think that this just might be a case where Lebron doesn't get a chance to face as many as the other guys on that graphic did. Like, if he faced 8 and took out 7, that's pretty damn impressive and I can't really hold it against him for not getting a shot anymore.

@Chester McFloppy
In his first stint in Cleveland he beat 1-50 win team in the playoffs the 07 Pistons and lost the other 4 times (1-4)

In Miami he beat 6-50 win teams and lost to 2

Last season 1 win and 1 loss

So if I did the math correctly that's (8 wins and 7 losses in 15 attempts)

Mediocre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom