THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is overpaid. If ya'll were in the same shoes you'd take the money no questions ask. Let them flourish!

Wow I'm shocked JB didn't sign a one year contract. 5 years 95 is a bargain for the Bulls compared to dames contract.

No question he has had attitude problems and free throw issues, but Rondo turns a top 4-6 seed in the east into an ECF champion. Carrol wont do that.

You're basing this on what he did earlier in his career and not what he's done lately. By that logic...Wade would be the #1 free agent on the market.

No one is overpaid. If ya'll were in the same shoes you'd take the money no questions ask. Let them flourish!
thread title check 
pimp.gif

Kevin ArnovitzVerified account
‏@kevinarnovitz Milwaukee increasingly unlikely as a destination for Tyson Chandler.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 3m3 minutes ago
Marc Stein retweeted Kevin Arnovitz
Agreed. Clippers or Lakers far more likely for Tyson Chandler if he leaves Dallas as it increasingly appears
eek.gif

Man this would be huge for CLippers. 
I don't want to see this TBH
replacing deandre with chandler is a downgrade 
I'm talking as an addition not a replacement.

They probably can't sign Tyson if DJ stays though huh?

Sources: Jimmy Butler finalizing $95 million contract with Bulls

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo Sports

Jimmy Butler is finalizing a five-year, $95 million maximum contract to re-sign with the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Butler's deal will include a player option after the fourth year of the deal, sources told Yahoo.

Teams pursuing Butler with offer sheet proposals have conceded and moved on, league sources said. Butler was a restricted free agent, and Chicago could've matched an offer sheet and retained him.

Butler's agents with Relativity Sports, Happy Walters and Steve McCaskill, negotiated the deal with Bulls general manager Gar Forman.

Butler, 25, had rejected the Bulls' offer of a four-year, $44 million contract extension in October with the belief that a breakout season would enhance his value on the restricted free-agent market this summer. He averaged a career-best 20 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists, developed into a dependable 3-point threat and was named the NBA's Most Improved Player of the Year.

"It came down to me deciding that I want to bet on myself," Butler told Yahoo Sports in October. "It was about me believing that I put the work in this summer to become a better player with the hope that my improvement will give the Bulls a better chance to win a championship."

Several teams, including the Los Angeles Lakers, had expressed interest in signing Butler to an offer sheet before he came to a quick agreement with the Bulls.

The Bulls took Butler with the 30th and final pick of the 2011 NBA draft out of Marquette. He steadily improved in each of his four seasons under former Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau.

Last edited:
Sources: Jimmy Butler finalizing $95 million contract with Bulls
By Adrian Wojnarowski
2 minutes ago

Yahoo Sports

Jimmy Butler is finalizing a five-year, $95 million maximum contract to re-sign with the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Butler's deal will include a player option after the fourth year of the deal, sources told Yahoo.

Teams pursuing Butler with offer sheet proposals have conceded and moved on, league sources said. Butler was a restricted free agent, and Chicago could've matched an offer sheet and retained him.

Butler's agents with Relativity Sports, Happy Walters and Steve McCaskill, negotiated the deal with Bulls general manager Gar Forman.

Butler, 25, had rejected the Bulls' offer of a four-year, $44 million contract extension in October with the belief that a breakout season would enhance his value on the restricted free-agent market this summer. He averaged a career-best 20 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists, developed into a dependable 3-point threat and was named the NBA's Most Improved Player of the Year.

"It came down to me deciding that I want to bet on myself," Butler told Yahoo Sports in October. "It was about me believing that I put the work in this summer to become a better player with the hope that my improvement will give the Bulls a better chance to win a championship."

Several teams, including the Los Angeles Lakers, had expressed interest in signing Butler to an offer sheet before he came to a quick agreement with the Bulls.

The Bulls took Butler with the 30th and final pick of the 2011 NBA draft out of Marquette. He steadily improved in each of his four seasons under former Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau.

Last edited:

Kevin ArnovitzVerified account
‏@kevinarnovitz Milwaukee increasingly unlikely as a destination for Tyson Chandler.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 3m3 minutes ago
Marc Stein retweeted Kevin Arnovitz
Agreed. Clippers or Lakers far more likely for Tyson Chandler if he leaves Dallas as it increasingly appears
eek.gif

Man this would be huge for CLippers. 
I don't want to see this TBH
replacing deandre with chandler is a downgrade 
I'm talking as an addition not a replacement.

They probably can't sign Tyson if DJ stays though huh?
and i doubt either of them is willing to come off the bench 

of course, but its by no means "huge for the clippers"

chandler will never be able to match the energy of deandre, but to be fair no one in the league can 
I think it'd be huge because the drop of is..... just a drop off 

it's not like jumping off a cliff.... 

it's a pretty solid consolation prize

Surprised Jimmy settled for 95, I can understand though, hard to say no to more money guaranteed than you've ever seen in your life.

Now BW:

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN 1m
The Bulls and Jimmy Butler have agreed on a five-year, $90 million contract according to sources.

You're basing this on what he did earlier in his career and not what he's done lately. By that logic...Wade would be the #1 free agent on the market.

I'm forgetting what happened one year on a young, inexperienced Boston team and a mismanaged Dallas team, coupled with attitude problems. He's a triple double threat as a point guard.

Surprised Jimmy settled for 95, I can understand though, hard to say no to more money guaranteed than you've ever seen in your life.
can have a serious knee injury next season and never be the same and miss out on that 95

of course, but its by no means "huge for the clippers"

chandler will never be able to match the energy of deandre, but to be fair no one in the league can 
I think it'd be huge because the drop of is..... just a drop off 

it's not like jumping off a cliff.... 

it's a pretty solid consolation prize
how can a downgrade (no matter how small) be huge when the roster cant even get passed the second round? 

RussilloShow ‏@RussilloShow · 9m9 minutes ago
We were just told by @WindhorstESPN that the Spurs are confident they'll sign LaMarcus Aldridge, but Greg Monroe is a backup plan.

I don't know they are interested in Monroe

Grizz closing in on deal for Mo Williams....possible THREE OR FOUR YEARS :x Pls don't let this be true

RT @JaredZwerling: Source: Memphis and Mo Williams are closing in on a deal. Three or four years. Not done yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom