The Absolute BEST Opening Track In The History Of Hip Hop (Vol. No Need To Debate)

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

dudes in here are just cycling through intros in their itunes now.. none of this is seeing ambitionz. when that beat drops, it's over.. i feel like i wanna strangle an innocent lady and punt a baby into traffic,

roll.gif

It's tough to compete with OP's choice but this intro has always stood out to me for just how hard of a song it is:

I'm sorry but Victory is too damn EPIC, that one takes the cake hands down. Lyrically...... I won't even get into that, Pac ain't that kind of rapper. The It's Dark and Hell Is Hot intro ain't no slouch either tho.

If you look at how a song is remembered it has to be Ambitionz right? That song comes on now at parties and people are still vibin to it. As far as my favorite is it the GRODT intro just mainly because it sets the tone for an album that shut things down. For a movement that shut it down.

Victory is track #2... (Like a FEW others mentioned in this thread)

& Diddy raps on it, so it CANNOT be the BEST ANYthing by default... (The candle line??
ohwell.gif
C'mon SON!)

If it was track #1, and BIG and Busta was the only ones on it then MAYBE...

gotta rock with Victory just cuz I had the cassette tape with the Opera Remix on it and drove my folks crazy blastin it

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

& Diddy raps on it, so it CANNOT be the BEST ANYthing by default... (The candle line??
ohwell.gif
C'mon SON!)

I gotta disagree with you on this one.  Diddy spazzed.

If we aren't being technical, I'm gonna have to agree with Victory as the best intro.

But I'm mad that this thread has gone 3 pages and no one has mentioned Beware....

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

ohwell.gif
C'mon SON!)

If we aren't being technical, I'm gonna have to agree with Victory as the best intro.

But I'm mad that this thread has gone 3 pages and no one has mentioned Beware....
BIG is my ALL time fav rapper and all but

Ambitionz Of A Ridah > Victory

Lyrically BIG takes it with his performance in Victory which is one of the best in the history of hip hop, but the intangibles just give Pac the edge... Diddy killing BIG and lanching his OWN solo career is cool and all, but that doesn't match up to 2Pac getting shot up, convicted of a crime he didn't do, having the #1 album in the country while he was locked up, coming home and the FIRST record he records is "Ambitionz Of A Ridah" and it gets put in the track #1 slot on his HIGHLY anticipated Death Row debut... I mean come on, the WORLD was waiting for that joint... & thats how he comes back...

I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah...
You don't wanna !@%@ with me...
Got the police bustin @ me...
But they can't do nothin to a G...

The moment itself is embedded in hip hop history... As good as Victory the song is, it doesn't live in history the way Ambitionz Of A Ridah/All Eyez On Me does... By the time No Way Out dropped hip hop was @ a stage of emptiness, the 2 BEST rappers were dead and gone, no one knew what would come of either coast, and Master P was gaining more and more steam with No Limit.... Ambitionz Of A Ridah is almost one of the LAST stand for west coast hip hop, and it was one of the LAST great albums to be released during the Death Row Dynasty...

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

ohwell.gif
C'mon SON!)

I'm sayin'. Best verse Diddy's ghostwriter ever spit in his life.

"You ain't gotta like me
You just mad 'cuz I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be..."

And let's not even talk about what BIG did to this.

This word gets thrown around a lot on here but Victory is the definition of epic.

I agree - all things considered, Pac's song takes the top spot...

...kinda get an eerie feelin' bumpin' it and knowing that you're listening to the beginning of the end for the two most prolific rappers in history.

Plus, it has one of the simplest yet one of my favorite lines ever spit: ''These Ns is jealous cuz deep in they hearts they wanna be me''...

This is a tough call but I think because of the story behind Ambitionz just adds to it's epic status, so it has to win.

Lyrically BIG takes it with his performance in Victory which is one of the best in the history of hip hop, but the intangibles just give Pac the edge... Diddy killing BIG and lanching his OWN solo career is cool and all, but that doesn't match up to 2Pac getting shot up, convicted of a crime he didn't do, having the #1 album in the country while he was locked up, coming home and the FIRST record he records is "Ambitionz Of A Ridah" and it gets put in the track #1 slot on his HIGHLY anticipated Death Row debut... I mean come on, the WORLD was waiting for that joint... & thats how he comes back...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ you saying it like its fact G... I thought me and Jewels were the only people who did that

Hell Nah Charlie 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

C'mon Ludacris has one thing thats special about his albums and that's he can start them off like no other, yall gonna take that away from him?

22 Rather Unique 22 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hold on, is everyone seriously acting like this track doesn't exist?

How this wasn't mentioned till now is crazy. but as far as best goes under the circumstances Ambitionz gotta be reviewed as # 1 homie just went off on everything(Even though I liked the Makaveli intro better)

Came in here expecting Hova Song, and was gonna say victory. Idk what's the best, but my favorite is Be, and Nothing like it 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom