The Absolute BEST Opening Track In The History Of Hip Hop (Vol. No Need To Debate)

Dudes really posting Gucci and Wayne in "greatest hip hop intros ever" huh?

roll.gif

Some of you are just posting your own personal favorites. Not going with the point of the thread.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Dudes really posting Gucci and Wayne in "greatest hip hop intros ever" huh?

roll.gif
C'mon mayne don't even sit there and front like Tha Mobb ain't one of the hardest intros ever.
eyes.gif

- Preciate it.

inspektahdeck wrote:
So we just gon act like this intro dont exist huh?

Not the best, but definetely my favorite. And that Clipse intro is a problem
sick.gif

Co-sign on Ambitionz Az A Ridah being the best opening track
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
to the dude who posted every Ludacris intro

If it is isn't NYSOM then it's wrong. Once that beat started picking up, you knew you were in some +#+# and then this dude murders the beat like its nothing.

I know this crackhead, who said she gotta smoke nice rock
And if it's good she'll bring ya customers in measuring pots, but yo
You gotta slide on a vacation
Inside information keeps large @%***+ erasin and they wives basin
It drops deep as it does in my breath
I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death
Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined
I think of crime when I'm in a New York state of mind

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Come on lets get serious here.

There was WAAAY more anticipation for AEOM & "Ambitionz Of A Ridah" then their was for NYSOM... So if we count impact, there was atleast half a million MORE people that sat next to their stereo and heard...

"I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah"

In 96...

Plus the beat is better, NaS has a better lyrical performance, but "Ambitionz" is much more UNIVERSAL, that song could be spun @ almost ANY event and get a huge response no matter the age group, you'd have to be with hardcore hip hop fans (OVER 25) for NYSOM to do that (and prolly east of the Miss. River)

A lot of yall are OVER thinking it and just posting songs you personally think are better, but as with MOST of Pac's work, its WAAAY more than a song, its a moment in history, the intangibles by far outweigh ANY song mentioned in this thread... (Stillmatic Intro is up there too), but NYSOM isn't even track #1...

but as with MOST of Pac's work, its WAAAY more than a song, its a moment in history, the intangibles by far outweigh ANY song mentioned in this thread...

If we're talking about intangibles then yeah "Ambitionz Az a Ridah" would probably take it, but overall as being the best intro just based on the value or lyrics of the song alone then I would say no.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

There was WAAAY more anticipation for AEOM & "Ambitionz Of A Ridah" then their was for NYSOM... So if we count impact, there was atleast half a million MORE people that sat next to their stereo and heard...

"I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah"

In 96...

Plus the beat is better, NaS has a better lyrical performance, but "Ambitionz" is much more UNIVERSAL, that song could be spun @ almost ANY event and get a huge response no matter the age group, you'd have to be with hardcore hip hop fans (OVER 25) for NYSOM to do that (and prolly east of the Miss. River)

A lot of yall are OVER thinking it and just posting songs you personally think are better, but as with MOST of Pac's work, its WAAAY more than a song, its a moment in history, the intangibles by far outweigh ANY song mentioned in this thread... (Stillmatic Intro is up there too), but NYSOM isn't even track #1...

Yea I agree. I remember being in like 7th grade, during summer school at the local highschool and N's was going nuts over the tape. The intro really set the tone for the rest of the 90s and even for cats like 50cent. Its such a fierce opening track. Out the pen, its like a mission statement. State of the Union for death row, and even more for the West Coast and hip hop. Cuz with all Eyez on Me he took the spot light of rap and almost popular music period.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Some of you are just posting your own personal favorites. Not going with the point of the thread.

laugh.gif
basically....we'll see if they still bumping that Gucci man intro/or any gucci man for that matter in 14 years

nerd.gif
i know yall remember when Tyson came out to this joint....knocked ol boy out in like a minute....then said "my back is broken.....spinal..." in the post fight interview
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

laugh.gif
basically....we'll see if they still bumping that Gucci man intro/or any gucci man for that matter in 14 years

nerd.gif
i know yall remember when Tyson came out to this joint....knocked ol boy out in like a minute....then said "my back is broken.....spinal..." in the post fight interview
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Definitely remember that.. Was that Mike;s first fight out the pen?

NY State of Mind is my pick..no intro up until 1994 had me hooked on the grimy, street prowlin beats and lyrics..I was amazed..still am actually..
smh.gif

Originally Posted by VegasHustla

Co-sign on Ambitionz Az A Ridah being the best opening track
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
to the dude who posted every Ludacris intro

It's not like I'm making it up, Luda is known for his intros dude.

Back
Top Bottom