The Adidas "Futurecraft"

Nope, right thread, was talking about those who paid resale for “F&F” 4D now for a wider release.

barely anybody got the F&F. I think chrisdonat got it but he's RetroShopParis, who then sold it to 2JsKicks who owns Urban Necessities. I thought you were talking about Zebras lol

I don’t think they were ever f&f. Wex doesn’t know as much as you’d think.
This tbh, he just handles the celebrity side of the brand. Like who to sign, and making sure they got whatever they need. He just gets product seeded to him because of his title. I doubt he knows everything about everything.

This tbh, he just handles the celebrity side of the brand. Like who to sign, and making sure they got whatever they need. He just gets product seeded to him because of his title. I doubt he knows everything about everything.
I'd argue that his work is the most important thing to hit adidas in the last 4 years. Simply put adidas is **** at innovation internally. Boost is a basf tech. 4D is from Carbon, there's not much that they make in house (that's truly unique) - some decent design work for sure but mostly riffs on popular material tech from other brands (PK for instance). So all of their innovation has come from influencer marketing and communications. That's where they've made the most impact in culture. Nike built a performance on the court trickling down to lifestyle popularity model. Wex forged a lifestyle first approach with performance secondary (lets face it boost isnt for runners its cozy boys walking around who wanted to be Kanye 4 years ago) and it worked really well. But now they really have to innovate.

IMG_20181109_162930.jpg

I'd argue that his work is the most important thing to hit adidas in the last 4 years. Simply put adidas is **** at innovation internally. Boost is a basf tech. 4D is from Carbon, there's not much that they make in house (that's truly unique) - some decent design work for sure but mostly riffs on popular material tech from other brands (PK for instance). So all of their innovation has come from influencer marketing and communications. That's where they've made the most impact in culture. Nike built a performance on the court trickling down to lifestyle popularity model. Wex forged a lifestyle first approach with performance secondary (lets face it boost isnt for runners its cozy boys walking around who wanted to be Kanye 4 years ago) and it worked really well. But now they really have to innovate.

No one is hating on Wex or trying to diminish what he does, at least I’m not, he just doesn’t know as much as people assume about all of adidas’ release strategies & whatnot, since that’s not his job.

These are really nice in hand. Half size down (size 9) fits perfect with just the right amount of space. Might have to keep these and find another way to fund arshams...

A0C3946C-9E44-4F4E-A76B-C052B623CBF7.jpeg

Ugh, looks like consensus is these things run half size big. I went with my usual size :rolleyes

So do 4d run big I'm usually a us12 in yeezys

They seem to run kind of long, but these Kiths aren’t as narrow as the OGs (which I had to go with a 10 in). Like I said I went half size down with these & they fit perfect.

No one is hating on Wex or trying to diminish what he does, at least I’m not, he just doesn’t know as much as people assume about all of adidas’ release strategies & whatnot, since that’s not his job.
Didn’t think you were - that was in response to the “just handles celebrity” post I replied to. He does a lot more than handle celebrity and after working on a few adi activations from the agency partner, marketing side, he’s probably more inivolved than some might realize. A good activation/campaign isn’t baton passing of responsibility in siloed departments....it’s cross functional horizontally threaded across departments from the jump. Sometimes influencer marketing is the lead horse. Just sayin.

Fam.................. I'm speechless. These things are hella nice!

First 4D shoe. Upon first wear, it's not as comfortable as Boost out the box, but still comfortable - a firm comfort, not bouncy comfort like Boost. Heard 4D gets more comfortable the more you wear them, but I'm not gonna go around beating these things up just to test that. These things are kinda hard to put on initially. I tried them on without insoles since they don't come with it already inserted - it's packaged separately in the box. I went with my usual size as my other sneakers and think it's a good choice. It's narrow at the mid foot and there's some space for my toes to move around in the toebox. Doubt I could have sized down because of the midfoot narrowness.

The frugality in me don't think these things warrant the $500 retail price tag, but the sneaker enthusiast in me does because GDAMN these things look nice (oh, and because there's only 800 pairs of these in the world :emoji_eyes:).

Kith4d.png
Kith4d.png

Back
Top Bottom