The Adidas "Futurecraft"

That 100k number referred to Futurecraft overall tho, not just the black 4Ds, highly doubtful adidas is just gonna keep dropping the same colorway over and over again all year.

I really do hope they make this colorway somewhat GR I just don't see it happening

But I thought ny wasn’t getting the white pair? This is wack

97B3D98A-041E-4A4B-B9B3-51A3BC4817C2.png

Attachments

• 8D4A0957-1BA8-4FE8-A454-0A443FD56247.png
    8D4A0957-1BA8-4FE8-A454-0A443FD56247.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
Went to pick up futurecraft re-raffle win today at sns. They dubbed me and like 4 other people. No explanation, no nothing

You think these will follow the same path as UB's eventually? Super limited in the beginning, then easy cops in a year or so

You think these will follow the same path as UB's eventually? Super limited in the beginning, then easy cops in a year or so
Except UB’s weren’t that limited in the beginning though. It had more to do with the fact that they were marketed as running shoes and people didn’t really know how comfortable they were for casual wear. That and the fact that they weren’t hyped at all played a huge role.

Except UB’s weren’t that limited in the beginning though. It had more to do with the fact that they were marketed as running shoes and people didn’t really know how comfortable they were for casual wear. That and the fact that they weren’t hyped at all played a huge role.
Kanye happened. That’s literally the turning point from running shoe to lifestyle shoe.

5E01D87E-37E6-4E16-B18C-40E8FC73E730.jpeg

if anything, NMD's followed that pattern; super limited in the beginning and then easy cop a year later

if anything, NMD's followed that pattern; super limited in the beginning and then easy cop a year later
I remember people ****ting on the OG colorway. They were shocked it dropped in the confirmed app. Add hype. Add influencers. Keep numbers limited.

This is what I mean by marketing innovation. That’s where adidas has been pretty brilliant.

Just like everything else it got overproduced and beaten into the ground. By the time R2 came around it was pretty much dead outside of very limited collabs

and the OG colorway wasn't even the first NMD to drop :lol: there was definitely a lot of hate on the "lego blocks", but it was still very limited and actually sat for a little too

yeah the Key City released first, I had a few opportunities to get them randomly seeing them still on a few sites. Passed of course lol.

Kanye happened. That’s literally the turning point from running shoe to lifestyle shoe.

This wasn’t it tho. This was taken around the time the UBS first dropped and no one batted an eye. It wasn’t until he wore the all white energy boost that people went bat**** crazy trying to get their hands on Boost. He also wore pure boost before this photo and no one even cared.

This wasn’t it tho. This was taken around the time the UBS first dropped and no one batted an eye. It wasn’t until he wore the all white energy boost that people went bat**** crazy trying to get their hands on Boost. He also wore pure boost before this photo and no one even cared.
Totally. I wasn’t saying that photo was the end all be all. Just an emblematic photo op. I’m referencing the collective Kanye-kardashian hype ecosystem. They were in paparazzi photos on keeping up w the kardashians, etc etc.

It was a more with the all whites when things started to ramp up. Those OGs sat forever. I remember cringing when I saw him with the OGs thinking they were about to blast off then. You’d be lucky to get a few pages deep in a week when it was only Pure Boost in the thread and it didn’t get too crazy when the OGs dropped in spite of Kanye wearing. The OG craze was late to the party.

ultra-boost-2.jpg

n70gt4qmzsmgmqae9lei.jpg

EDIT: looks like someone answered with the same thing. Speaking of late to the party ...

Last edited:
But I thought ny wasn’t getting the white pair? This is wack

97B3D98A-041E-4A4B-B9B3-51A3BC4817C2.png
wondering if that's one of the Flight Club pairs, and he rolled up and they brought it out to the car. Solestreet is boys w a lot of em. I actually make a point to talk to the dude every time i see him, same with lou(thedon) and kickinitnyc...i know they're part of the problem, but they help me know which way the wind is blowing and information is so valuable when you have to do everything include read tea leaves in order to get hyped pairs.

He's also whip smart, relative to most knuckleheads out there on the street.

It was a more with the all whites when things started to ramp up. Those OGs sat forever. I remember cringing when I saw him with the OGs thinking they were about to blast off then. You’d be lucky to get a few pages deep in a week when it was only Pure Boost in the thread and it didn’t get too crazy when the OGs dropped in spite of Kanye wearing. The OG craze was late to the party.

ultra-boost-2.jpg

n70gt4qmzsmgmqae9lei.jpg

EDIT: looks like someone answered with the same thing. Speaking of late to the party ...
yah totally agree, i was making a general reference about Kanye and Kardashian x UB - i think they even did a whole grandma jenner asking "what are those" and "why do you wear em like that" on keeping up with the K's with the all whites...and he took his shoe off and held it in front of the camera.

yah totally agree, i was making a general reference about Kanye and Kardashian x UB - i think they even did a whole grandma jenner asking "what are those" and "why do you wear em like that" on keeping up with the K's with the all whites...and he took his shoe off and held it in front of the camera.

Saw your response to someone else’s post after I replied - sorry! I guess I had been sitting it this thread for a little while because everything populated after my response.

wondering if that's one of the Flight Club pairs, and he rolled up and they brought it out to the car. Solestreet is boys w a lot of em. I actually make a point to talk to the dude every time i see him, same with lou(thedon) and kickinitnyc...i know they're part of the problem, but they help me know which way the wind is blowing and information is so valuable when you have to do everything include read tea leaves in order to get hyped pairs.

He's also whip smart, relative to most knuckleheads out there on the street.

I do respect the hustle and they’ve all shown their true colors. I actually speak to marv and he had a pair also, he told me the pairs were from a friends and family event in NYC.

Still can't believe that a few years back, I walked into my local Adidas outlet, and bought OG UB's for BOGO 50% off for me and the wife and they had multiple FSR's sitting. To be honest, the only reason I tried them on was because I was a big fan of the OG Pure Boosts. The OG's still sat even when the hype started to build and then they eventually pulled stock.

Back
Top Bottom