The Air Jordan XV OG Black/Red returns Spring 2017

Nobody let down by the materials on these? The mudguard is stiff, and the heel louvers aren't even rubber anymore :smh:

Once they start creasing after a couple wears they gonna look like **** and There nearly impossible to put on foot

Nobody let down by the materials on these? The mudguard is stiff, and the heel louvers aren't even rubber anymore :smh:

The moved away from the traditional rubber heel to a more plastic to prevent the ashy, dryness look to it that occurs over time. Not really a big deal to me, because it doesn't take away from the appearance of what it was before.

The thing that upsets me more than that is the comfort of the shoe. The OG and '07 FC retro were much more plush and cushioned when you wore them. These 2017's feel very stiff.

Kinda crazy, I wore mine today and I was walking alongside a lady with heels on - and I kid you not - I couldn't tell if the noise of her heels hitting the floor were from my shoes, or hers :lol: it feels like the back part of this shoe is extra clunky.

Pic of me wearing them today:View media item 2299699

got villa pair today to compare with snkrs pair. lots of inconsistencies just like i remember from the 2 previous releases. had to mix and match the best looking 2 shoes from both pairs and there are still things i could complain about. the worst part about these imo is the mudguard. still (p)leather, very inconsistent cut and ugly wrinkling. of course, most of this is unnoticeable on foot. i felt like they were hella dope when i tried them on. sick shoe, indeed.

Last edited:
Even at the price of 133 shipped I kind of consider this a compulsive buy, Definitely see these going under the $100 range very soon

Even at the price of 133 shipped I kind of consider this a compulsive buy, Definitely see these going under the $100 range very soon

I hope so. I wanna snag a pair at that price. But wouldn't mind them at $130-$140 range. Hope my local brick and mortar have a sale or something and these are included.

I really thought this was the first retro of the 15. Had no odea there was an 07 version. Was it limited?
Like in my 3 years of non stop window shopping online I've never seen a pair pop up

Last edited:
I really thought this was the first retro of the 15. Had no odea there was an 07 version. Was it limited?
Like in my 3 years of non stop window shopping online I've never seen a pair pop up

I would say they were kinda limited.
Basically, back in 07, JB tried to relaunch the flight club site. These were the first shoes posted on there and you initially had to have an invite to get access to the site.
We used discount codes on day 1 (anyone remember cabin4life?) to get them below retail.

These didn't sell out on the flight club site and eventually hit Nike.com then outlets for the dumb low.

Last edited:
after further inspection, i really shoulda gone up .5 to an 11 in these. flat, wide feet don't work so well in such a narrow-fitting shoe. guess i'll have to rock the thin socks with these or maybe this is a pair i just won't be able to rock all day comfortably. sending a pair back to nike and don't really wanna go thru the hassle of exchanging my pair via villa and risk getting a jacked up pair, which i think is likely.

I got my 07 pair from Swoosh. They were $70 ish. Never even wore them. Just wore my OGs.

Jordan tried to hype them with that Flight Club limited BS but no one bought them then, just like these aren't selling like that now.

Last edited:
These fit weird. They're tight in spots, but there's a lot of dead space for me when the shoe is on which I don't really like since I like my kicks tight.

I got my 07 pair from Swoosh. They were $70 ish. Never even wore them. Just wore my OGs.

Jordan tried to hype them with that Flight Club limited BS but no one bought them then, just like these aren't selling like that now.

These aren't selling bad. Better than I expected actually.

Basically, back in 07, JB tried to relaunch the flight club site. These were the first shoes posted on there and you initially had to have an invite to get access to the site.
We used discount codes on day 1 (anyone remember cabin4life?) to get them below retail.

These didn't sell out on the flight club site and eventually hit Nike.com then outlets for the dumb low.
ah so it became more rare like some things cuz the only people that bought them really wanted them or w/e

ah so it became more rare like some things cuz the only people that bought them really wanted them or w/e

I wouldn't say that. It's been near 10 years. Even full on GRs are harder to find at that point.

Question.. The white red mids I saw a page or so back, were they officially released?  Does anyone recall the eastbay exclusive of the different colors of the XV?  I may be way off here, but when I got my obsidions in 2000 I thought there were several colors to choose from at that time.  The only white red that released was the low to my knowledge.  The book Driven from Within has these pictured, along with the pic from the previous page I cant find them anywhere.  Samples?

Question.. The white red mids I saw a page or so back, were they officially released?  Does anyone recall the eastbay exclusive of the different colors of the XV?  I may be way off here, but when I got my obsidions in 2000 I thought there were several colors to choose from at that time.  The only white red that released was the low to my knowledge.  The book Driven from Within has these pictured, along with the pic from the previous page I cant find them anywhere.  Samples?

The white/red mids, along with white/navy, white/black, white/purple, and white/pine green were all TB colorways that released on Eastbay in small quantities.

The white/red mids, along with white/navy, white/black, white/purple, and white/pine green were all TB colorways that released on Eastbay in small quantities.

I found it!!

View media item 2300491

Yes, I knew I haven't lost my mind completely.   Again would love to have those white reds..  Thank you as well. aj11fan

Last edited:
Got my pair from Villa, I'm not the quality control police that I see on NT these days but..... I do remember my OG pair having a darker richer black outsole, and the leather was like 30% nicer. I thought I may have gotten a fake pair for a sec. But for $133, my mouth is shut.

Just received my pair and man the box is big (9.5). And is the cardboard separating both shoes in the box a new thing or a 15 thing?

Just received my pair and man the box is big (9.5). And is the cardboard separating both shoes in the box a new thing or a 15 thing?
  A 15 thing I believe.  Never had the 07 retro or the laser but I think they did the same thing to them.  Cant remember on the ogs.

These fit weird. They're tight in spots, but there's a lot of dead space for me when the shoe is on which I don't really like since I like my kicks tight.
These aren't selling bad. Better than I expected actually.

joints fit like isosceles triangles

another reason I'd never buy 15s again

I became a fit nazi over the years and refuse to wear shoes that don't fit

I always liked the back tab on em tho

they might be ugly but they are one of if not the most comfortable air jordan because of the double stacked zoom

These don't have double stack zoom. They do have heel and forefoot units.

Dont know if any of you watch this guy on youtube. He basically chops up any shoe and reviews what he sees.

OG pair from 1999....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom