The Air Jordan XV OG Black/Red returns Spring 2017

Welp.

It's not looking like these will be any better than the 07 retro, which was absolute basura.

I see it's still cool to hate on XVs... I'm willing to bet 75% of you didn't own the originals.

XVs are appreciated, still have my 4 OG pairs :smokin

I did and my toes hurt just looking at them. Worst basketball shoe of all time.

I guess you fall into the other 25% :lol:

I do admit that the XV isn't the greatest shoe ever, but they get far too much hate from people who's only experience with them is seeing them on a computer screen.

Last edited:
Welp.

It's not looking like these will be any better than the 07 retro, which was absolute basura.

I see it's still cool to hate on XVs... I'm willing to bet 75% of you didn't own the originals.

XVs are appreciated, still have my 4 OG pairs :smokin

I did and my toes hurt just looking at them. Worst basketball shoe of all time.

I guess you fall into the other 25% :lol:

I owned the original and the last retro. My feet.... they just never looked good in them tho I've always had a fondness for them.
Like I've seen dudes wear them where the shape is perfect. The lace area is straight and the shoes are fire. My foot doesn't fill the shoe well enough to make them look good on my feet.
Basketball wise, I hooped in the OGs. They were cool but I remember them not rolling too well for me.

Last edited:
The 15 was always appreciated by my friends and I back in '99-2000. They were new and different back then and the lines on the back with the numbers were such a topic amongst us as well (I remember regular cats trying to decipher what the numbers on the back represented lol).

I had stealths for b-ball back in the day and I do remember the forefront of the shoe had the slight zoomed air bump where it actually felt like the zoom air was responsive and it made the shoe ultra comfortable back then. The 14's and 15's had very similar fit styles.

I remember Ray Allen and Eddie Jones being the face of the 15. And also remember Reggie miller having his own black/yellow pacers colorway the year after Mike retired. Too many nostalgic memories for me, I even bought the 07' versions a few years ago - I still have them somewhere I believe. Might have to check moms place to see (not sure if I sold them or not [emoji]129300[/emoji] lol)

One thing I did notice on the new ones is the actual stealth colorway is now more grey, which is definitely a turn off more me.

Here's to hoping my 07 pair is still at moms house. Hope there wearable too, if not - ill settle for the 2017's.

Last edited:
With these coming out this weekend, I'd figure I would get my OG pair out of my collection and post a pic of them.

View media item 2285170
I'm 50/50 on buying these on release day. Mine are in great condition, just a little refreshing and they will look good again. Plus the OG's ran a little big (I got a 10.5 where as most other Jordans I have are 11). I'd really want to try them on in store to see how they feel & run length wise. Don't think that should be an issue as they should sit for a bit. If they do sit, I may pickup a pair down the road (hopefully on discount, like I did for the Storm Blue 1's).

Last edited:
I'll cop these for nostalgia purposes when they hit bargain basement Outlet prices, lol.

Sent back a pair of Indiglo XIV's because the shark teeth were peeling off and Nike sent me the XV. Hooped a full summer of AAU basketball in them. When you are a kid who only gets two pairs of shoes a year, if that, getting the newest released Jordan's, no matter how they looked it was a big deal for me. That is why this shoe will always have special meaning for me.

These fit nothing like 14s.
Agreed! The fit and feel is absolutely nothing like 14s except the Zoom bags are basically the same. Now if you want to really feel Zoom air then grab a pair of 20016 16s. It's bag is so big until it actually feels like lump in the midsole until a walked on them for a while. Very comfy and responsive

The shape looks off to me. I regret selling my OGs and Flight Clubs, I'll buy these if they drop low enough. 15s bring me back. Remember the first time I saw them, one of my boys was balling in them in a high school game. I thought they were so hard because they were so different. Always loved the black/red, graphite and the white exclusives.

Back
Top Bottom