The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016

I've only had an original pair and those fit well for me TTS, half up may have been a possibility

I remember when I bought the 7/16 CDP for $310. First time buying non-1 retro Air Jordans. I was a size 10 and bought a size 10. In both the hare 7s and bred 16s I was SWIMMING. First time reselling Jays with that purchase too. Sold the bred 16s for $150 after I got a couple wears in them. That summer was the first time I had a job. I was 15 and that summer job was how I saved up to cop the 7/16 pack. The hare 7s were my "grails" bc I loved the shoe and the colors so much and the 7s being released in 1992, my birth year, were special to me. When my dad found out I dropped $310 plus tax on em he was sick! Had the hares on ice so he literally made me wear the 16s talkin bout some "you gon wear these $300 shoes or I'll return them myself. I'll be damned if somebody living in this household spend $300 on shoes while I wear $30 shoes from Walmart to work everyday" I was like pops chill out stop sweating me old man and started wearing the 16s to my summer job. When my manager saw me wear them to work and found out I spent $300 something on em she laughed at me for the rest of the summer! She said boy you crazy dropping that much for them marching band shoes (16s patent leather toebox lol). I didn't mind tho I was just having fun spending my money on kicks that I liked and besides, it was 2 retro Js for $310. Still, everybody shaking their head at me was a crazy feeling. It honestly left a lasting impression on me bc I still cop to this day and wait to see the looks on people's faces when I tell em about it. They be like "$220 on maroon 6s?!?!?" :lol:

Anyway to end my story, I was accompanied by my pops when I resold my CDP bred 16s for $150 in a sams club parking lot lol thus making my CDP hare 7s which I still own to this day, a comfy $160. Come December 22 (my bro bday) I can finally have 16s again and the white/navy is mad clean too. Also since I was born on the 16th day of the month I was born in I always liked the number 16, hence my screen name on NT. The 7/16 CDP was right up my alley and coincidentally enough when they dropped that day that summer it was the first time in my 15 years of living that I had at least $300 saved up from my first job ever. It was destiny. :pimp:

Those white/navy XVI's are so fire. I will try to catch them for a a lower price if they are still around. 

Those white/navy XVI's are so fire. I will try to catch them for a a lower price if they are still around. 
I`m hoping people are too broke from the holidays to buy them and they`re available on desktop nike for the discount.

Im pretty sure thats whats gonna happen anyway with all the other releases. Wayyy too much for folks to pay $250 + tax for a 16

Why is the toe box so damn square

It's part of the design. Air jordan 16 - 18 all had that square shaped toe box.

As I recall, Wilson Smith's logic for the square toe-box was twofold:

1. Comfort - More room for the top of the foot to breathe. This may actually have something to do with MJ's foot mold.
  2. Design - XVI took a number of cues from dress shoes to symbolize Jordan's transition from the game to retirement. This includes the square toe.

Smith did a couple pretty comprehensive interviews at the time describing the XVIs genesis. If I can find any in storage, I'll try to post them.

Last edited:
Just got my shipping for the sz9.5 pair I ordered. Will be letting it go for retail + shipping. I bought two pair because Capitol One be playing games and couldnt chance missing them. 

I may have someone interested but if you are, PM me. I will help out NT since I have scored so much due to some cool members here. 

As I recall, Wilson Smith's logic for the square toe-box was twofold:

1. Comfort - More room for the top of the foot to breathe. This may actually have something to do with MJ's foot mold.
  2. Design - XVI took a number of cues from dress shoes to symbolize Jordan's transition from the game to retirement. This includes the square toe.

Smith did a couple pretty comprehensive interviews at the time describing the XVIs genesis. If I can find any in storage, I'll try to post them.

I thought the shoe was based off of a marching boot. I could've sworn I read that somewhere.

Order 12xx received in hand today. (Sz11.5)
Order 23xx still hasn't shipped. (Sz11)

Art Basel Miamo Jordan XVIs coming Dec 1-4th...most likely drop Dec 3rd

Last edited:

yup, 1-13 already does well so they're not letting these stores touch them just yet. "here, go crazy with these xx3s & 16s 
mjgrin.png
"

Last edited:
Did not know about the solefly pair. How many other shops are going to do a 16? Now I feel like I should have copped trophy rooms bc as y'all saw from the thesis I posted, I'm very fond of the 16s lol and I want em all

Last edited:
I was so salty about not getting the black toes last weekend so I copped the trophy rooms on a whim to make myself feel better, a lot of times I end up regretful when I do that but the more pics of see of these the more excited I get. Cannot wait to get them in hand.

Back
Top Bottom