THE AMERICANS on FX -- Season 2 Finale: "Echo" ... Tonight at 10/9c

Enjoyed that montage to end the episode.

This show is great.
pimp.gif

Man, I was so sad Gregory went out... Whoever picked Roberta Flack's cover of the Bee Gee's classic To Love Someone to play in the final shots of last night's episode was genius... Those final shots with this on the soundtrack was dope.

Edit - Anyone else a little antsy when Stan came to Phil's hotel room? I kept thinking Phil would see Amador's ring on the floor next to Stan's feet or something...

Last edited:
My vote goes to "cola". That's what I heard.

Amador was a fool. Going to take someone in just because he's banging the p that you're still obsessed over :smh:. Tried to challenge Philip da God and got stabbed in the gut.

greg should've gave Moscow a chance. Endless supply of fine, Russian agents :smokin.

^ You ain't lyin' about Russian woman... :smokin :lol:

Kinda odd they killed off every single minority on the show though...

Gregory my N I hate it had to be him :smh:
This. Word to my avy. He took the GTA 5-star way out. :smh:

Dude was my favorite new TV character. Welp.

I take back what I said about them doing the Homeland rush last week. It was worth it. It was sooooooo cotdamn worth it. Between this, the first Gregory ep and the interrogation for my favs so far, and I just didn't expect the show to have such a deep, meaningful world built out already. Shame black people can't live in horror movies or cable, though.

But Beeman...that's one cold, hollow ************. :smh: Dead eyes. Man possessed.

I didn't know this beast was waiting in the wings this whole time. He's the monster Phillip doesn't want to become.

This ep was just another notch in this show's belt. The Damian Lillard of TV right now. :smokin

Last edited:
It was bugging me that for some reason Beeman's son (the actor) looked familiar. He played "Sid" on the MTv version of Skins :rolleyes . Anyways RIP Greg

Damn... Gregory went out like that

pimp.gif

I need to rewatch his earlier episodes because I really didn't get a sense of how dedicated he was until the end, which might have been because I missed it or because it wasn't that developed. But he was a really good character and very well acted.

I've said it before, but this show knows what it's doing.... and I'm damn glad.

Last edited:
Damn... Gregory went out like that
:pimp:

I need to rewatch his earlier episodes because I really didn't get a sense of how dedicated he was until the end, which might have been because I missed it or because it wasn't that developed. But he was a really good character and very well acted.

I've said it before, but this show knows what it's doing.... and I'm damn glad.
I was trying to picture him walking around Moscow had he chosen the other alternative. :rofl:. But yea I feel you on this. I got that he marched with MLK and met Elizabeth and fell in love with her. I sorta figured his commitment was half yambs half the cause.

Once I heard that was their "plan", I thought they were going to kill him, rather than relocate him.

But it's refreshing and just plain cool to see a character recognize his purpose like that. He had a purpose and a job, his time was done, and rather than compromise and be unhappy, he went out how he wanted.

Derrick Luke is such a good actor. My favorite scene was when Phillip and Elizabeth had their guns drawn on Gregory. Elizabeth is clearly in a situation where she's in a room with the two men that she loves...however, only one will see the next day. Also, how much of a hypocrite is she? She kicks Phillip out of the house for his cheating, but she goes on and has sex with Gregory. On top of it all, he kisses her on the head in front of Phillip before he walks out of the door. The complexity of the Phillip/Elizabeth relationship is BRILLIANT writing.

I was trying to picture him walking around Moscow had he chosen the other alternative. :rofl:. But yea I feel you on this. I got that he marched with MLK and met Elizabeth and fell in love with her. I sorta figured his commitment was half yambs half the cause.

word man, as soon as they mentioned Moscow i was like nahh he aint gonna go for that....glad he went out like a G, his character will be missed :pimp:

KGB is ruthless tho, they planted that evidence in his apartment quick af.. Anytime we see Claudia something bad is about to happen :lol:

And I wonder if Stan looking at the picture of Gregory is him getting closure, or is he going to continue digging further

Considering Phil was thinking about defecting at the start of the show, Gregory is cool because he knows who he is and what he wants.

You can make a case for Gregory being more Russian than Phil.
More of a communist not Russian.

Unfortunately, in cases like that Phil is still alive and Gregory isn't so you always gotta question what 100% committment to the cause entails.

More of a communist not Russian.

Unfortunately, in cases like that Phil is still alive and Gregory isn't so you always gotta question what 100% committment to the cause entails.

You're right. Although that 100% commitment is what made Elizabeth love Gregory.

you mean phil i think

everytime i see martha the "shoot it in me clark" audio plays in my heard and i :lol:

Back
Top Bottom