THE AMERICANS on FX -- Season 2 Finale: "Echo" ... Tonight at 10/9c

He was undercover and told the center he was going to great things with Phil and Liz. His family was slipping and HE took them out to save his cover, cleaned himself up and went swimming and came back to act like he was in shock.

woah for real i didnt get that from that scene maybe i just wasnt listening enough i was more mad that

dude got shot in the neck and was giving an inaugural address as his final words

Damn Stan. Did Nina dirty. That ****** u dream must've set him straight :lol: had the dude he murked smashing his wife's yambs :rofl: One thing that stood about his dream though was Martha was clearly seen putting files in her bag like she said she did to Phil so I wonder if Stan subconsciously knows.

Don't feel that bad for Nina. Look forward to more hot chicks next season.

This dude Larrick and that whole show down man :wow: I really thought he was gonna kill all of them but he foolishly went the lets turn them in route, that's too much time to **** up everything and fail. When Jared started talking with that evil villain voice :lol: I knew he killed his fam before he confessed. Kate got to him early so I guess maybe he thought he was gonna be paired with her. That voice though, real bad guy talking. Son was obviously crazy. The way he managed to trick Liz this whole time given she was taking her time revealing things when he most likely knew the whole time is crazy too.

Center is smart though. Would've had me thinking they're already keeping an eye on Paige cuz she's obviously ripe for recruiting. She's still an ungrateful annoying ***** though. I could totally see her being as rabid as Jared and murk her parents if she had to and she was indoctrinated enough.

Was thinking the same thing about that Tyrant show.
Same, lol. Debating catching up on FARGO as well, looks pretty good. Anyone here watch The Blacklist?
Blacklist was pretty good. Kept my attention and interest from ep to ep especially with the overall plot to take down Red. Finale kinda fell flat imo. lot of stuff still went unanswered like the whole thing with her father who is clearly Red now (guess he's on some metaphorical your father died in the fire steez), the end for the husband, and this Berlin dude.

It's w/e though. Spader is good enough to at least make me want to check out S2.

Last edited:
Well damn, what a season finale.

Larrick died quicker than I imagined. Was hoping for like a full on fight scene.

Stan :smh:. That dude did Nina dirty. Oleg looked at Arkady in disgust.

Jared though. Dude was straight twisted for killing his parents. Had Kate telling him all the things he wanted to hear. The fact that the centre wants a next generation of American born russian teens is crazy. Now they want Paige. Interesting to see how that pans out next season.

That was a good scene between Arkady and Phillip.

Both parents do not want any of their children to be involved. It's crazy because they both didn't want her to be part of the church but Phillip was more lenient in letting her do stuff with them afterwards. They both don't want her to be a next gen KGB spy but Elizabeth seems more intrigued in letting her. Elizabeth has always been for doing whatever it takes for the country.

Last edited:
Yea as soon as Paige came from her picketing venture talking about doing what is right for the cause and what you are passionate about, I figured they would get her to be a spy or at least let her in on what they do.

You guys think that is the last we see if Nina? Stan did her dirty, and that dream definitely played a part, lol

;"/@/&:$:&:&:&/@@2&:&,;&&;&:&:&;&:&:&:&;&:&;&&:&:$/$;7:7$;&:&:&:&:&:&/$)/2)/)$$:$3$:$:$:&&:&:&:smile:/):$:&:&:&:&&,&2$3$:$:$:&:$:$:$;$;&&:smile:/):$:$:&:&&:3$2))2)2)16)2)))))$$$6))$$$

So his mission was to kill his parents? I thought he said he got into an argument with his parents in the hotel room, took the gun from his dad's hiding spot and decided to kill them right there?

;"/@/&:$:&:&:&/@@2&:&,;&&;&:&:&;&:&:&:&;&:&;&&:&:$/$;7:7$;&:&:&:&:&:&/$)/2)/)$$:$3$:$:$:&&:&:&:smile:/):$:&:&:&:&&,&2$3$:$:$:&:$:$:$;$;&&:smile:/):$:$:&:&&:3$2))2)2)16)2)))))$$$6))$$$

So his mission was to kill his parents? I thought he said he got into an argument with his parents in the hotel room, took the gun from his dad's hiding spot and decided to kill them right there?
He got in to an argument with his parents about being a spy. The center asked them first, they said no. They send Kate to recruit him anyway. For a long time he's probably been taught things to prepare him along with Kate whispering sweet nothings in his ear to get him sprung to be dedicated. He either reveals to them on the trip that he's gonna start doing missions or they somehow find out, big fight happens. He kills them all.

Now that I think about it, it's quite possible he told Kate and the center knows he was the one that killed him and they basically covered that up and naturally Phil and Liz are in the dark about the truth.

Last edited:
Beeman's wife though.
she cheated on her husband on gossip girl, too 
laugh.gif

Crazy finale.

The wife though :evil:

Kate got him early :lol:

Nice dilemma with what they do with paige now.

Aye gotta say though FX bringing it consistently. I put them 2nd only behind HBO right now. People keep saying AMC is the goat network, but damn all they got like what 3 shows people been raving about but all their new shows keep falling flat. AMC will stay milking TWD after Mad Men finishes and they still trying that spinoff with BB too.

I definitely will check out Tyrant and The Strain and maybe even Married. FX stay bringing it.

Crazy finale.

The wife though :evil:

Kate got him early :lol:

Nice dilemma with what they do with paige now.

Aye gotta say though FX bringing it consistently. I put them 2nd only behind HBO right now. People keep saying AMC is the goat network, but damn all they got like what 3 shows people been raving about but all their new shows keep falling flat. AMC will stay milking TWD after Mad Men finishes and they still trying that spinoff with BB too.

I definitely will check out Tyrant and The Strain and maybe even Married. FX stay bringing it.
fx is bringing the heat. Justified is one of my favorite shows, soa, the americans, fargo, and all the new shows look good too.

How is The Bridge? Haven't gotten a chance to check it out. Would watch just because of Diane Kruger.

Last edited:
Watched the first few episodes, and it was just too slow for my tastes. Heard it got better though, but I aint got time for that.

How is The Bridge? Haven't gotten a chance to check it out. Would watch just because of Diane Kruger.

def. watch. Good show. Fargo is amazing as well.

FX's lineup is nuts right now:
Americans
Bridge
SoA
Justified
Fargo
AHS
Archer
+ New Shows:
Tyrant
The Strain

And you can't forget the classic, The Shield. :pimp:

Last edited:
Just had a chance to watch the last episode; another solid season
pimp.gif

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Paige being recruited by that girl on the bus..now it doesn't seem so farfetched. I wouldn't be surprised if her AND the preacher are down for the cause - I mean Phil all but murdered the guy, and he barely even flinched
laugh.gif

@Master Zik  I think that's the point. Just as soon as you think you know something, they make you second guess your thoughts over and over..James Spader is the man.

Was able to watch the finale last night. Great ending to a great season. Well written & acted (for the most part).

The way things ended with Larrick wasn't satisfying. He was straight merc'in fools easily & he goes out in a clumsy manner. :rolleyes

The twist with the second generation was nice. I always had the feeling watching this season that Liz really wanted to tell Paige everything in an effort to reel her in to something better than the church. It wasn't surprising that Liz was now thinking about Paige going to work. Liz has made comments all season long on how soft she though Paige was.

Arkady Ivanovich should've never gotten arrogant/smug with Stan. That's what really turned change Stan back.

Poor Nina. “Tell Nina I’m sorry” – Stan. I wouldn't be surprised if Oleg Burov pulled some strings & get Nina Sergeevna a reprieve of some sort. You just can't waste yambs like that...

Master Zik Master Zik , I noticed Stan's dream prominently showed Martha taking files too. I feel like next season things are really going to come to a head for her both at work & between her & Phil. It seems like she's coming to a point where Phil will have to merc her...

Martha is moving pretty fast and loose after few things pushed her. Also she's a bit wild hinting at children when it seems they haven't even been "married" for a year and given Phil is barely around in the first place it's even less that.

Oh yeah I'm expecting Oleg to try and kill or arrange a hit on Stan next season. Son was looking straight up distraught when she had to leave.
@Master Zik
 I think that's the point. Just as soon as you think you know something, they make you second guess your thoughts over and over..James Spader is the man.
I like some of the not knowing and the twist and turns of this espionage type plot with all the lies, half-truths and what not but I just feel they could've had a better pay off for the finale to get us hype for S2. It's clear that things will get more serious with Berlin and Red but other than that it's up in the air.

Wish there was a Blacklist thread.

Last edited:
I don't even know how Martha agrees to their marriage since he only goes over every once in a while

It's because Clark's an animal in bed the way she likes it. 20 seconds of Clark clapping Elizabeth's cheeks that way and she started crying.

Martha is moving pretty fast and loose after few things pushed her. Also she's a bit wild hinting at children when it seems they haven't even been "married" for a year and given Phil is barely around in the first place it's even less that.

Oh yeah I'm expecting Oleg to try and kill or arrange a hit on Stan next season. Son was looking straight up distraught when she had to leave.
I like some of the not knowing and the twist and turns of this espionage type plot with all the lies, half-truths and what not but I just feel they could've had a better pay off for the finale to get us hype for S2. It's clear that things will get more serious with Berlin and Red but other than that it's up in the air.

Wish there was a Blacklist thread.

Is the Blacklist really that good? I watched a bunch of episodes when it first started and it seemed like a generic "catch a new bad guy per week" type of show, which I really dislike

Back
Top Bottom