^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's that serious?

What are there? 5 Avenger movies already?
None of em do much of anything for me.
Iron Man used to, but IM2 was terrible.
Thor and Hulk were OK and Cap was generic as hell.

Joss Whedon's my guy, loved all his shows, but damn yall going OD on it.
laugh.gif

This is Joss Whedons first Avenger film though. The others were handled by other directors. And most of them were good. 

I know that, obviously. I'm not saying the bar is Spider-man 2 or Batman Begins...the bar is just memorable, distinct, well casted, plotted and rewatchable.

-I don't care about Iron Man anymore, because of how awful Iron Man 2 was. People act like the movie doesn't exist like Indiana Jones IV, but it does, admit it. And then the studio screwing it and Jon Favreau over...
-Hulk after they recast him again.......no stability, I can't see him meaning much to me with a 3rd film actor playing him.
-I hated the Captain America movie. Really like the character but that movie has no soul or life to it. Good beginning, good ending, but it's dry and generic as hell. Red Skull and most of the action scenes just sorta happened. If you brought comic book/childhood baggage that made it amazing to you, good for you, but I didn't.

So that's 5 movies and none of them did much for me. Joss is my guy, but this is a huge leap from Serenity. I heard about that Astonishing X-Men thing and how qualified dude is, but I can only trust the dialogue is gonna be better than IM2, Cap, Hulk and Thor with him onboard.
IM was a good movie, I have to agree that IM2 was utter garbage though. Too many plots thrown in at the same time - absolutely no need to have Stark's alcoholism plus WarMachine rivalry at the same time. Could've saved either the former or latter for IM3. Mickey Rourke is a hit or miss actor - and his Whiplash character was terrible.

Never watched Thor or Cap America - they did nothing for me. As you stated, Hulk has no continuity.

It's that serious?

What are there? 5 Avenger movies already?
None of em do much of anything for me.
Iron Man used to, but IM2 was terrible.
Thor and Hulk were OK and Cap was generic as hell.

Joss Whedon's my guy, loved all his shows, but damn yall going OD on it.
laugh.gif

This is Joss Whedons first Avenger film though. The others were handled by other directors. And most of them were good. 

I know that, obviously. I'm not saying the bar is Spider-man 2 or Batman Begins...the bar is just memorable, distinct, well casted, plotted and rewatchable.

-I don't care about Iron Man anymore, because of how awful Iron Man 2 was. People act like the movie doesn't exist like Indiana Jones IV, but it does, admit it. And then the studio screwing it and Jon Favreau over...
-Hulk after they recast him again.......no stability, I can't see him meaning much to me with a 3rd film actor playing him.
-I hated the Captain America movie. Really like the character but that movie has no soul or life to it. Good beginning, good ending, but it's dry and generic as hell. Red Skull and most of the action scenes just sorta happened. If you brought comic book/childhood baggage that made it amazing to you, good for you, but I didn't.

So that's 5 movies and none of them did much for me. Joss is my guy, but this is a huge leap from Serenity. I heard about that Astonishing X-Men thing and how qualified dude is, but I can only trust the dialogue is gonna be better than IM2, Cap, Hulk and Thor with him onboard.
IM was a good movie, I have to agree that IM2 was utter garbage though. Too many plots thrown in at the same time - absolutely no need to have Stark's alcoholism plus WarMachine rivalry at the same time. Could've saved either the former or latter for IM3. Mickey Rourke is a hit or miss actor - and his Whiplash character was terrible.

Never watched Thor or Cap America - they did nothing for me. As you stated, Hulk has no continuity.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Running time for the movie is 2.5 hours.

Also one of the guys doing the visual effects for the film (he probably is dead now for saying this) but he said he saw the movie, only thing missing is some effects, but he said that it's a monster... Said its got the classic Whedon dialogue, and the action is OD. He also said that his company was working on an opening scene that happens before the movie even starts that's massive...(my guess is the opening will tie in all the loose ends) He kept using the words massive, big, huge to describe the scale of this movie... Kevin Feige also said they were looking to outdo Transformers in terms of visual and epic fight scenes....

I have no doubt this movie will domlish everything.

i just got giddy reading this

yea, this one post did more for me than any of the trailers.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Running time for the movie is 2.5 hours.

Also one of the guys doing the visual effects for the film (he probably is dead now for saying this) but he said he saw the movie, only thing missing is some effects, but he said that it's a monster... Said its got the classic Whedon dialogue, and the action is OD. He also said that his company was working on an opening scene that happens before the movie even starts that's massive...(my guess is the opening will tie in all the loose ends) He kept using the words massive, big, huge to describe the scale of this movie... Kevin Feige also said they were looking to outdo Transformers in terms of visual and epic fight scenes....

I have no doubt this movie will domlish everything.

i just got giddy reading this

yea, this one post did more for me than any of the trailers.

Originally Posted by vood99

Well, shouldn't you at least watch the movies? I mean, out of all the movies of the Avenger characters, Thor was probably one of the best ones. Captain America seemed rushed during the time in the war. (Btw, how awesome would have it been to see Captain America and Logan/Wolverine on the battlefield) I thought Hulk had continuity to the Incredible Hulk, because at the end of Ang Lee's Hulk, he ends up in South America. The Incredible Hulk begins in Brazil and he's already on the run. Idk, that may just be me though. 

Originally Posted by vood99

Well, shouldn't you at least watch the movies? I mean, out of all the movies of the Avenger characters, Thor was probably one of the best ones. Captain America seemed rushed during the time in the war. (Btw, how awesome would have it been to see Captain America and Logan/Wolverine on the battlefield) I thought Hulk had continuity to the Incredible Hulk, because at the end of Ang Lee's Hulk, he ends up in South America. The Incredible Hulk begins in Brazil and he's already on the run. Idk, that may just be me though. 

I just watched IGN's rewind video for that trailer. I think some ppl were concerened about hawkeye and black widows weapons but they noticed that there was a blue hue on black widows wrist meaning the bullets she is using or hawkeyes arrows may be infused with something. So there you have it, it makes a bit more sense.

I just watched IGN's rewind video for that trailer. I think some ppl were concerened about hawkeye and black widows weapons but they noticed that there was a blue hue on black widows wrist meaning the bullets she is using or hawkeyes arrows may be infused with something. So there you have it, it makes a bit more sense.

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

^^I would guess infused with the Cosmic Cube that Tony's father worked on in the past

Good possibility. I'm pretty sure Hawkeye and Black Widow will have ammunition that will explode and all that good stuff.
So I did a google search and it seems that A LOT of people are believing rumors that Spider-Man makes a cameo in the film. Similar, to how Wolverine made a cameo in X-Men: First Class. Hope it's true.

I don't know why, but this has to be the first movie that I'm anticipating to see. I've been watching the trailer everyday.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

^^I would guess infused with the Cosmic Cube that Tony's father worked on in the past

Good possibility. I'm pretty sure Hawkeye and Black Widow will have ammunition that will explode and all that good stuff.
So I did a google search and it seems that A LOT of people are believing rumors that Spider-Man makes a cameo in the film. Similar, to how Wolverine made a cameo in X-Men: First Class. Hope it's true.

I don't know why, but this has to be the first movie that I'm anticipating to see. I've been watching the trailer everyday.
eyes.gif

Only way there's a Spidey cameo is if it's Miles Morales
laugh.gif

Only way there's a Spidey cameo is if it's Miles Morales
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom