^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

You never coulda told me, I'd think Black Widow and Hawkeye were awesome after Avengers.

They can throw whoever they want into the next one...as long as Whedon's making it.

Plus I heard Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead/Scott Pilgrim) wants to make an Ant-Man movie.....son....

Originally Posted by TSX24

How cool would it have Been if you saw some aliens stuck in a web as a little Easter egg tribute to spidey
better yet, they shouldve had a Tobey Maguire cameo where he takes pictures during the NYC fight scene. 
Technically its not Spiderman, but it wouldve had me like ...

weebay.gif

Just saw the movie... I liked it... a lot.

I stayed after the first set of credits, but was there more after they showed Thanos at the end when he smiled?

Originally Posted by theDEEK

I want to see Vision, Black Panther, and Namor introduced next

The 2010 film Iron Man 2 features a scene where Nick Fury shows Tony Stark a digital map which pinpoints various metahumans across the globe. One of these electronic indicators was shown in Africa, and according to director Jon Favreau, this was meant as an explicit reference to Black Panther.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Just saw the movie... I liked it... a lot.

I stayed after the first set of credits, but was there more after they showed Thanos at the end when he smiled?

Are you serious? That's all they show after the credits..

No there was an actual post credits scene. It's...

Spoiler [+]
Them eating Shwarma in silence for like 3 full minutes. My theatre was cracking up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The-Avengers-After-Credits-Shawarma-Scene.jpg

I remember NT put me on shwarma about 3-4 years ago.

If you stick at the very end. You get treated with all of the Avengers sitting and eating shawarma in a broken place. LOL, it was really stoic and funny.

There's the cool looking styled up credits
...then they show Thanos
...then all the boring looking credits
...then the best after movie scene they've had.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
what got me was how tired they all looked. ain't even changed outta costume or nathan
roll.gif

One thing that shocked me the whole movie is that nobody at any point said "Avengers Assemble!". Don't mind cuz I don't care for that battle cry at all. It doesn't get me hype like a "Imperius Rex" for instance but that really stood out to me cuz they never miss a chance to say that +%@* in big bold %!$ letters in color in the comics.

On another note I don't see why the enemies in the sequel can't simply be the Masters of Evil.

Also, I don't understand AT ALL why they'd have an Ant-Man movie set in the 60s. I'm lost on how that'd mesh with the movie continuity when the rest of the heroes are in the present.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

One thing that shocked me the whole movie is that nobody at any point said "Avengers Assemble!". Don't mind cuz I don't care for that battle cry at all. It doesn't get me hype like a "Imperius Rex" for instance but that really stood out to me cuz they never miss a chance to say that +%@* in big bold %!$ letters in color in the comics.

On another note I don't see why the enemies in the sequel can't simply be the Masters of Evil.

Also, I don't understand AT ALL why they'd have an Ant-Man movie set in the 60s. I'm lost on how that'd mesh with the movie continuity when the rest of the heroes are in the present.
They would have to introduce a helluva lot of villains to make that work though.  I really dont want Thanos as a villain in the next Avengers movie though, I hope they save him for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie, because the only Avenger who even scratches the surface on the cosmic level is Thor.
but you're dead on about the 60's Ant-Man, how does  that benefit the series at all 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by theDEEK

No there was an actual post credits scene. It's...

Spoiler [+]
Them eating Shwarma in silence for like 3 full minutes. My theatre was cracking up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The-Avengers-After-Credits-Shawarma-Scene.jpg

I remember NT put me on shwarma about 3-4 years ago.

Spoiler [+]
It wasn't that long. 
laugh.gif
 It was like 15 seconds.

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Originally Posted by TSX24

How cool would it have Been if you saw some aliens stuck in a web as a little Easter egg tribute to spidey
better yet, they shouldve had a Tobey Maguire cameo where he takes pictures during the NYC fight scene. 
Technically its not Spiderman, but it wouldve had me like ...

weebay.gif
Im only quoting this because i finally started watching the wire and i seen this scene 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 wee bay!

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

They would have to introduce a helluva lot of villains to make that work though.  I really dont want Thanos as a villain in the next Avengers movie though, I hope they save him for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie, because the only Avenger who even scratches the surface on the cosmic level is Thor.
but you're dead on about the 60's Ant-Man, how does that benefit the series at all 
tired.gif
The writers can make it work almost effortlessly if they selectively choose who is in the group and they can get help by introducing these villains in the individual movies for each hero. Zola (if they actually start writing him like the character) or Zemo (might be a whole new origin and motive due to the Cap movie) for Cap, Enchantress and Executioner for Thor, Living Laser or Wonder Man for Iron Man (not sure here since I hear IM3 might involve the Extremis armor and that arc), Abomination or Zzax or Absorbing Man (his origin could would lead back to Loki and maybe he sent him after the Hulk for revenge due to that beating
laugh.gif
) for Hulk, maybe Hawkeye's brother Trickshot (at the least this rival makes Hawkeye more interesting and actually gives him a challenge since to me there's no way he gets his own solo movie. I expect him to make a cameo in the Cap and Black Widow movies to have fans be more familiar with him), and that's it. No specific villain for Black Widow since she will probably just be facing generic spies in her movie or Hydra or some dudes in Russia for her movie.

Don't care for Thanos either. Think he was just a tease for a GOG movie or somebody else like you said. I don't even like Ant-Man but I want Marvel to build up their cinematic universe right and all of the movies to at least be good and that premise aint good at all.

Back
Top Bottom