^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

Originally Posted by big1236

Saw it last night and absolutely loved the movie!

I'll probably see it again in theaters, and that's saying alot with me watchin every dollar i spend and ticket prices going up every single week.

I loved all the subtle jokes that were in the flick (the nicknames Stark gave people - 'point break', legolas, etc to the $10 Cap gave Fury)...

I'm not in deep in comics as i was when i was younger, but I wouldn't mind seeing a cameo here n there... LOL
Aye can somebody help me out with that scene i was explaining #@%* to my girl and missed it.(always askin questions during a movie
eyes.gif
) i look up and just see a $10 in fury's hand what was that about?

When speaking to Fury early in the film Cap says, “At this point, I doubt anything would surprise me.

[h1]‘Marvel’s The Avengers’: Records & Factoids[/h1]
By NIKKI FINKE | Sunday May 6, 2012 @ 1:01pm PDTTags: Marvel's The Avengers, movie records

Comments 55

· Biggest domestic opening weekend of all time.

· Fastest film to reach $200M (3 days).

· Highest Saturday of all time: $69.7M.

· 8th biggest midnights opening.

· Biggest superhero midnights debut.

· Passed domestic totals for Captain America and Thor.

· Passed international box office totals of Captain America ($192M), Iron Man ($266.7M), Thor ($268.3M), and Iron Man 2 ($311.5M) in 12 days of release.

· Biggest opening weekend of all time in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina,Ecuador, Central America, Peru, Bolivia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, NewZealand, Philippines.

· Biggest Marvel opening weekend in Russia (May 3): $17.9M.

· Passed the global box office totals of Captain America ($364M) and Thor ($449M) and Iron Man ($585M) and Iron Man 2 ($624M).

· 110 domestic IMAX locations established a new opening Saturday record.

· Biggest IMAX domestic opening weekend for a digital only release.

· Highest grossing opening weekend in IMAX’s history

· Domestic weekend estimate from all 4,349 theaters: $200.3M.

· Domestic weekend theater average: $46,063.

· International weekend estimate: $151.5M

· In 52 territories representing about 95% of the international market.

· International cume: $441.5M

· Global cume estimate: $641.8M

· Crossed the $600M global box office threshold today after just 12 days of release.

· Performance to date in key international territories: UK $48.1M,Mexico $40.2M, Australia $32.2M, Korea $31.3M, Brazil $31.0M, France$26.4M, Italy $18.8M, Germany $18.3M, Russia $17.9M, China $17.4M,Spain $14.4M, Taiwan $14.3M, Philippines $11.5M.

· IMAX global total box office: $31.2M

· Cinema Score: A+

· Rotten Tomatoes: 94% positive reviews

· Audience: 50% over 25, 50% under 25; 60% male, 40% female; 55% couples, 24% family, 21% teens.

· Viewing: 52% 3D, 40% traditional 2D, 8% IMAX, 4% premium large format.

Movie deserves all the achievements and records. I hope they put a huge chunk of that money into the next one! Imagine the possibilities!

Originally Posted by MrONegative

More important to what happened in this movie?

He's still Captain America. He can take hits from Iron Man and apparently Thor. He can talk down to Tony Stark and whoever and yeah he did organize the fighting. But just in the plot of this movie, Hawkeye working for Loki, giving up SHIELD's secrets, leading the attack and basically causing that huge helicarrier battle. Then Black Widow interrogating Loki, shutting off the portal.

I'm not saying they had nothing for him to do. I'm just saying for what was important to the plot of the movie, he didn't have as much of a part as anyone else. And just in general his portrayal is the weakest of that big 4 to me. Part of it might be because I didn't like his origin movie.
I so agree with this. Cap in the comics is  the kind of man you would go die for, inspiring just above a human but Thor and Iron Man both will follow him anywhere. Inspiring always moral. In the movie he was portrayed as an old fashioned fuddy duddy. Dont get me wrong I loved the movie but something was off with Caps portrayal .I loved how they finally got the Hulk right.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Agreed with every positive thing said about 1st class. That movie was
pimp.gif
. And Kevin Bacon as the villain
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I too hated Mystique with that fat faced girl. Magneto was on a whole 'nother level though.

I want to watch this again just to see my 5'8 Canadian boo Cobie Smulders. Did anyone else think Captain America kinda sucked between the rest of the cast. He just seemed sort of emotionless.
Son.. She was my favorite part of the movie.. She was bad 
smokin.gif

Spoiler [+]
495px-Jennifer_Lawrence_at_the_83rd_Academy_Awards_crop.jpg

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

More important to what happened in this movie? 

He's still Captain America. He can take hits from Iron Man and apparently Thor. He can talk down to Tony Stark and whoever and yeah he did organize the fighting. But just in the plot of this movie, Hawkeye working for Loki, giving up SHIELD's secrets, leading the attack and basically causing that huge helicarrier battle. Then Black Widow interrogating Loki, shutting off the portal.

I'm not saying they had nothing for him to do. I'm just saying for what was important to the plot of the movie, he didn't have as much of a part as anyone else. And just in general his portrayal is the weakest of that big 4 to me. Part of it might be because I didn't like his origin movie.
I so agree with this. Cap in the comics is  the kind of man you would go die for, inspiring just above a human but Thor and Iron Man both will follow him anywhere. Inspiring always moral. In the movie he was portrayed as an old fashioned fuddy duddy. Dont get me wrong I loved the movie but something was off with Caps portrayal .I loved how they finally got the Hulk right. 

This is hollywood we're talking about. Cap doesn't fly, doesn't transform, and doesn't blow !*## up. Ironman had the biggest individual movie of them all and the Hulk is possibly the next most popular character aside from him. So they got the most spotlight. 

Also, Hawkeye and Widow are new faces for a lot of people. They needed more screen time to win over viewers. 

I know it doesn't make sense from a true fan standpoint, because I also felt like Cap got the short end of the stick, but hey, thats just how it goes. 

I've always wanted to try my hand at writing a movie script, im thinking about working on a Luke Cage script just to see how it would turn out

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Why didn't Tony die when his power ran out? I thought that was the whole thing keeping him alive.
well damn
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To play devil's advocate.......... maybe he has a few minutes to get power up and running again, didn't that kinda happen to him in Iron Man 1?

actually wait no, it did happen
laugh.gif
Stane took his power source thingy

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Why didn't Tony die when his power ran out? I thought that was the whole thing keeping him alive.
well damn
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To play devil's advocate.......... maybe he has a few minutes to get power up and running again, didn't that kinda happen to him in Iron Man 1?
yea once it runs out he has a little bit of time to replace it.....he would only die if it was out for an extended amount of time

question about this scene 
Spoiler [+]
Was the bracelet Tony put on for his armor or was it so Loki couldn't use his magic on him? Cuz I remember Loki try to use his staff on him and it did nothing
avengersvfx10004layer6.png

Originally Posted by M4rioL

am I the only one who thought that the watchmen movie was great?
I half love it, half am super disappointed with it. They killed it with so many things, but miscast 2 of the 5 most important characters so badly it kills the movie.

Adrian Veidt or Ozymandias is a complete fail. Dude is supposed to be this brolic, genius Captain America. Instead we got they casted young skinny David Bowie. AND they completely gave away the killer in first %*$%+$+ scene, when that's supposed to be the driving force of the movie. It's a %*$%+$+ murder mystery.
30t6p3b.gif

Then Silk Spectre II. Malin Akerman is the worst. That's my chick for Children's Hospital. She's hot and really funny, but such a terrible choice for the role. She looks 20-some when she's supposed to be 30-some. She can't even read her lines without sounding like a **+# and has the same expression in every single scene. And that voice. She comes off as this conceited blonde bimbo, when she's supposed to be the heart of the story. The character we come in with and relate to the most. As important as getting Adrian right was to the secret plot, she was worse, because she ruined the really smart and meaningful message of the story.

So yeah...2 characters ruined what could've been greatness, because they absolutely nailed Dr. Manhattan, nailed The Comedian and nailed Rorshach...Nite Owl was dead on too. The prison scene, Doc's creation, Vietnam, the newscast, Mars, the old Nite Owl, the comic guys, the opening montage, the ending, they did so much perfectly. But those 2 %$*@-ups were enough to kill the movie. Especially her.

^If you remember that is where the mini arc reactor is. So Loki can't directly touch his heart. The bracelets are so the MK VII armor can recognize Tony as the owner.

Originally Posted by saiyan Xtreme

^If you remember that is where the mini arc reactor is. So Loki can't directly touch his heart. The bracelets are so the MK VII armor can recognize Tony as the owner.

I thought it was obvious since they focused on it when he falling down from his tower.

I thought it was obvious since they focused on it when he falling down from his tower.

yea...like they zoomed in on the laser lockin into the bracelet

nerd.gif
you musta been
pimp.gif
rck

yea...like they zoomed in on the laser lockin into the bracelet

nerd.gif
you musta been
pimp.gif
rck
naw I was
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
had some real thick goggles on
laugh.gif

But on the reals, what was the point of showing Loki tap Tony's arc reactor?

The Arc reactor propels the metal shrapnel away from Tony's heart, right? I don't think touching a giant metal stick to it would have much effect.

I thought he was going in for the mind control cuz thats what he did with Hawkaye and Dr Selvig

How cool would it have Been if you saw some aliens stuck in a web as a little Easter egg tribute to spidey

Best Marvel movie IMO
pimp.gif

I hope Avengers 2 has Black Panther, Wasp, and Ant-Man.

Back
Top Bottom