The Best Thing I Ever Ate Vol. Burgers

that's the thing..
it's not even a premium steak...

here.. Anthony Bourdain explains it well.

Enterprising restauranteurs are now offering the "Kobe Beef Burger", enticingly priced at near or above $100 a pop. And if there's a better way to prove one's total ignorance of all three words - Kobe, beef, and burger - this, my friends, is it. It's the trifecta of !+#!@++. The Kobe experience is principally about the marbling, the even distribution of fat through lean. A hamburger is a bunch of lean beef thrown into a grinder with varying degrees of fat. If you are foolish enough to order a Kobe burger, you are entirely missing the point.

Firstly, the fat will melt right out of the thing while cooking.

Secondly, you are asking the chef to destroy the very textural notes for which Kobe is valued by smarter people.

Thirdly, for an eight ounce Kobe burger, you are paying for the chef to feed you all the outer fat and scrap bits he trimmed off the outside of his "real" Kobe so he can afford to serve properly trimmed steaks to wiser patrons who know what the hell they're doing.

And fourthly, you're paying a hundred bucks for a freakin' hamburger! Get over yourself! You've already established you're too drunk and stupid to enjoy it in the first place.

The grass fed burgers from Brgr in NYC. Overpriced for the simple fact that the burger is so damn good it only takes 'bout 4 minutes to eat.

The grass fed burgers from Brgr in NYC. Overpriced for the simple fact that the burger is so damn good it only takes 'bout 4 minutes to eat.

Ford's

Sacramento

I've had several burgers in the thread, Ford's is probably
the best I've ever had.

Ford's

Sacramento

the best I've ever had.

Originally Posted by NYH425

i tried five guys on friday here in seattle for the first time. ordered a double bacon burger (calories was like 1200). them mofo's forgot to put the bacon in my burger and i was left with a stale bun and 2 beef patties. prolly was a blessing in disguise since i'm tryna eat healthy
laugh.gif

the fries were pretty good but a large cup of fries is like 1700 calories.
sick.gif
. 1700 + 1200 thats 2900. won't be eatin there in a while.. bunch of beached whales in the joint.
A Five guys just recently opened by my house a couple weeks ago.  Their burgers are to die for to me.  I agree on the fries.  The Cajun fries are good, but I don't like the fact that they give you an OD amount of them.

Originally Posted by NYH425

i tried five guys on friday here in seattle for the first time. ordered a double bacon burger (calories was like 1200). them mofo's forgot to put the bacon in my burger and i was left with a stale bun and 2 beef patties. prolly was a blessing in disguise since i'm tryna eat healthy
laugh.gif

the fries were pretty good but a large cup of fries is like 1700 calories.
sick.gif
. 1700 + 1200 thats 2900. won't be eatin there in a while.. bunch of beached whales in the joint.
A Five guys just recently opened by my house a couple weeks ago.  Their burgers are to die for to me.  I agree on the fries.  The Cajun fries are good, but I don't like the fact that they give you an OD amount of them.

I wanted to try Five Guys while I was in SoCal for the weekend but there was none close to where I stayed. I had to settle for Tommy's. It was average at best.

I wanted to try Five Guys while I was in SoCal for the weekend but there was none close to where I stayed. I had to settle for Tommy's. It was average at best.

For the record, the Kobe beef burger at South City Grill is $19 so it is definitely not a bank breaker and the fries are pretty good too that come with it.....

Never knew there were places that charge over $100 for a burger...that is plain insanity to pay that much...

For the record, the Kobe beef burger at South City Grill is $19 so it is definitely not a bank breaker and the fries are pretty good too that come with it.....

Never knew there were places that charge over $100 for a burger...that is plain insanity to pay that much...

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

anyone know any good spots in miami/south florida??
try this spot... best burger i ve had in a while....  http://www.yellowsubmarin...arineonline/Welcome.html

they only have 1 type of burger but it's awesome...  way better than five guys.
ok coo ima check it out, damn its a truck open from 8pm-midnight, and theyre in kendall?? of all places,

oh ya ive had cheeseburger baby! (south beach) and it was good, but about five guys status, n the thing is there that extras, are $1 each
ohwell.gif

my burger came out to like $12 , i was drunk so ehhh i didnt care at the moment, next day i was like wtffff!!!!!

ohh ya here's a pic from last time i went to five guys

23htyqb.jpg

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

anyone know any good spots in miami/south florida??
try this spot... best burger i ve had in a while....  http://www.yellowsubmarin...arineonline/Welcome.html

they only have 1 type of burger but it's awesome...  way better than five guys.
ok coo ima check it out, damn its a truck open from 8pm-midnight, and theyre in kendall?? of all places,

oh ya ive had cheeseburger baby! (south beach) and it was good, but about five guys status, n the thing is there that extras, are $1 each
ohwell.gif

my burger came out to like $12 , i was drunk so ehhh i didnt care at the moment, next day i was like wtffff!!!!!

ohh ya here's a pic from last time i went to five guys

23htyqb.jpg

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Ford's

Sacramento

the best I've ever had.
sick.gif
 Dog, are you serious? I had Fords a few years ago and was disgusted. The burgers were soggy and the milk shakes sucked balls.  Hopefully they have changed their menu by now. 

Jakes Burger in Oroville, CA is the business
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Ford's

Sacramento

the best I've ever had.
sick.gif
 Dog, are you serious? I had Fords a few years ago and was disgusted. The burgers were soggy and the milk shakes sucked balls.  Hopefully they have changed their menu by now. 

Jakes Burger in Oroville, CA is the business
pimp.gif

Slept on this thread since I'm getting into shape, but to the burgers posted.
l_15fc7bb2647c4ade83f02aabab501168.jpg
The calories...

Slept on this thread since I'm getting into shape, but to the burgers posted.
l_15fc7bb2647c4ade83f02aabab501168.jpg
The calories...

Originally Posted by NYCBaller34

19 isn't a steal. A burger over 12 dollars is absurd.

Originally Posted by NYCBaller34

19 isn't a steal. A burger over 12 dollars is absurd.

Back
Top Bottom