The Best Thing I Ever Ate Vol. Burgers

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by JBug88

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by JBug88

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

IDK why but I'm starting to get angry because so many people like 5 guys.

Its like either yall are lying or the one I go to sucks.

They've never had In N out is all.
5 Guys is nothing..
I went their because NT hyped it up.  took my wife too. 
30t6p3b.gif

"Whoever told you this place was good, lied to you..."
Thanks NT....

-J-

probably because your used to places serving you fake beef and horrible fries to realize your eating fresh 100% beef and 100% hand cut fries at 5 guys.

I guess you missed the words "In N Out" in my post.
It's ok..re-read it.  I'll wait...

-J-
laugh.gif
  Maybe he's not from the west coast and did not grow up watching the commercials talking bout 100% ground beef patties fresh, never frozen, etc.. etc...

I went to In N Out a few times when I was in San Diego. I liked it (although that animal style is for the birds)and yet I still like 5 Guys. At the end of the day, you guys are foolsfor so passionately defending a fast food place. You get stock optionsfrom In N Out or something?

I went to In N Out a few times when I was in San Diego. I liked it (although that animal style is for the birds) and yet I still like 5 Guys. At the end of the day, you guys are fools for so passionately defending a fast food place. You get stock options from In N Out or something?
fools?  i mean, i can only speak for myself here, but i dont think anyone in here is talking like an In-N-Out double double is the end all be all of food and the greatest thing ever.  The topic at hand is burgers and In-N-Out makes a mighty tasty burger for what it is (a fast food burger).  I already gave my opinion about what I feel is the best burger (Umami) about 3 months and 8 pages ago, but you cant really compare gourmet burgers to fast food burgers.  They are two different categories.  Personally, I have never had a 5 guys burger yet so I will hold off on judgment until then.  I am not one to make a snap judgment on something I've never experienced.  That's just dumb.  Until I try 5 Guys or any of these other fast food joints that people have mentioned, In-N-Out is still tops in my book.

I went to In N Out a few times when I was in San Diego. I liked it (although that animal style is for the birds) and yet I still like 5 Guys. At the end of the day, you guys are fools for so passionately defending a fast food place. You get stock options from In N Out or something?
fools?  i mean, i can only speak for myself here, but i dont think anyone in here is talking like an In-N-Out double double is the end all be all of food and the greatest thing ever.  The topic at hand is burgers and In-N-Out makes a mighty tasty burger for what it is (a fast food burger).  I already gave my opinion about what I feel is the best burger (Umami) about 3 months and 8 pages ago, but you cant really compare gourmet burgers to fast food burgers.  They are two different categories.  Personally, I have never had a 5 guys burger yet so I will hold off on judgment until then.  I am not one to make a snap judgment on something I've never experienced.  That's just dumb.  Until I try 5 Guys or any of these other fast food joints that people have mentioned, In-N-Out is still tops in my book.

In N Out. no matter what that %$#* makes me more satisfied than any other burger on the planet...

gimme a triple triple with everything on it and I can't be mad about %$#*

In N Out. no matter what that %$#* makes me more satisfied than any other burger on the planet...

gimme a triple triple with everything on it and I can't be mad about %$#*

I'm going to Cali this summer to visit family and I 'm gonna try the burgers from In&Out and 5 Guys.

The burgers at 5 Guys in Houston are
sick.gif
though but maybe it's just this one.

I'm going to Cali this summer to visit family and I 'm gonna try the burgers from In&Out and 5 Guys.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

sick.gif

Bro I've been to two of them in Dallas are they are both !*!. It ain't just yours

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

sick.gif

Bro I've been to two of them in Dallas are they are both !*!. It ain't just yours

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

****'s drive in is basically a fast food joint, and the burgers aren't amazing but the spot is a seattle landmark, it's open till 2, and you always see someone you know when you go. The fries are probably the best part. ****'s at around 2 am at night right before closing is always a riot. Theres 5 locations in Seattle, and yea you gotta pay for anything extra
laugh.gif
(ketchup, onions, etc. but its only like 15 cents.)

spot is the truth.
Agreed. Fries > Burger but overall the spot is the %%#%.
Can't forget about the milkshakes. Strawberry shake + fries + a deluxe burger = 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

****'s drive in is basically a fast food joint, and the burgers aren't amazing but the spot is a seattle landmark, it's open till 2, and you always see someone you know when you go. The fries are probably the best part. ****'s at around 2 am at night right before closing is always a riot. Theres 5 locations in Seattle, and yea you gotta pay for anything extra
laugh.gif
(ketchup, onions, etc. but its only like 15 cents.)

spot is the truth.
Agreed. Fries > Burger but overall the spot is the %%#%.
Can't forget about the milkshakes. Strawberry shake + fries + a deluxe burger = 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Wassup everyone, gonna drop some burger knowledge again 
pimp.gif
So to respond to earlier posters:

mike23theking: Hopefully you went to Slater's 50/50 already curious to see what you think about it.

dunkaruu: Agreed with Nation's in NorCal, where did you get Chez Maman at?

dt24; I tried Val's on three separate occasions in a two year time span. Needless to say it's really went down in quality (or they lost all their good line cooks since 2006). Since they were featured in a couple of dining magazines. 

CincoSeisDos: Fellow SoCal NT'er 
pimp.gif
, you know there's a location of 25 Degrees in Huntington Beach right? Check it out whenever you're at main street avoiding all the "Bros" and such. But I'll check out Fronks soon enough good looking out 
pimp.gif

Now my verdict:

Five Guys Burgers and Fries: Zagat guide really hyped em up. I tried them and they weren't all that. Burger soggy, fries were super limp. I don't know which locations on the east coast you folks are going but I guess they made the Cali ones all messed up.

Father's Office: Again the place is overhype, they OD'd on the bleu cheese when I tried it. How you gonna put the burger in a baguette of all things smh 
tired.gif

Umami Burger: I finally went here and I gotta try the rest of the menu to make sure it's bomb. But their signature burger is definitely on point, a little bit of tanginess a lot of texture. Nice signature umami burger sear on the brioche bun. It's almost too perfect, but again gotta try the other stuff before stating it's the best burger in LA. Some side dishes are skeptical but the tempura rings battered in malt liquor 
pimp.gif

The Habit: Heard of this place too, unfortunately still haven't ventured around LA as much as I should. But I'll let yall know how I feel about it in a bit.

Spots I want to try in the future:

Burger Bar (Las Vegas, NV): Ran by Hubert Keller of Fleur De Lys in San Francisco.

8 Oz Burger Bar (Los Angeles, CA): Saw this spot was ran by one of the Top Chef Masters in Season 2 who trained under Susan Fenniger.

Shake Shack (New York, NY): Popular new joint that friends post on Facebook about.

White Castle (not the box stuff, Various East Coast locations): Probably will try it once I visit out there in a year or two.

Good Stuff Eatery (Washington DC): Another one ran by a Top Chef contestant Spike Mendelson, get's a lot of hype but we'll see once I try this as well.

Wassup everyone, gonna drop some burger knowledge again 
pimp.gif
So to respond to earlier posters:

mike23theking: Hopefully you went to Slater's 50/50 already curious to see what you think about it.

dunkaruu: Agreed with Nation's in NorCal, where did you get Chez Maman at?

dt24; I tried Val's on three separate occasions in a two year time span. Needless to say it's really went down in quality (or they lost all their good line cooks since 2006). Since they were featured in a couple of dining magazines. 

CincoSeisDos: Fellow SoCal NT'er 
pimp.gif
, you know there's a location of 25 Degrees in Huntington Beach right? Check it out whenever you're at main street avoiding all the "Bros" and such. But I'll check out Fronks soon enough good looking out 
pimp.gif

Now my verdict:

Five Guys Burgers and Fries: Zagat guide really hyped em up. I tried them and they weren't all that. Burger soggy, fries were super limp. I don't know which locations on the east coast you folks are going but I guess they made the Cali ones all messed up.

Father's Office: Again the place is overhype, they OD'd on the bleu cheese when I tried it. How you gonna put the burger in a baguette of all things smh 
tired.gif

Umami Burger: I finally went here and I gotta try the rest of the menu to make sure it's bomb. But their signature burger is definitely on point, a little bit of tanginess a lot of texture. Nice signature umami burger sear on the brioche bun. It's almost too perfect, but again gotta try the other stuff before stating it's the best burger in LA. Some side dishes are skeptical but the tempura rings battered in malt liquor 
pimp.gif

The Habit: Heard of this place too, unfortunately still haven't ventured around LA as much as I should. But I'll let yall know how I feel about it in a bit.

Spots I want to try in the future:

Burger Bar (Las Vegas, NV): Ran by Hubert Keller of Fleur De Lys in San Francisco.

8 Oz Burger Bar (Los Angeles, CA): Saw this spot was ran by one of the Top Chef Masters in Season 2 who trained under Susan Fenniger.

Shake Shack (New York, NY): Popular new joint that friends post on Facebook about.

White Castle (not the box stuff, Various East Coast locations): Probably will try it once I visit out there in a year or two.

Good Stuff Eatery (Washington DC): Another one ran by a Top Chef contestant Spike Mendelson, get's a lot of hype but we'll see once I try this as well.

Back
Top Bottom