The Best Thing I Ever Ate Vol. Burgers

Onion bun? I think, 2/3lb w/Pepper Jack cheese, onion frings, grilled onions, fried egg, guacamole, and spicy sour cream sauce. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Onion bun? I think, 2/3lb w/Pepper Jack cheese, onion frings, grilled onions, fried egg, guacamole, and spicy sour cream sauce. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Wassup everyone, gonna drop some burger knowledge again 
pimp.gif
So to respond to earlier posters:

mike23theking: Hopefully you went to Slater's 50/50 already curious to see what you think about it.

dunkaruu: Agreed with Nation's in NorCal, where did you get Chez Maman at?

dt24; I tried Val's on three separate occasions in a two year time span. Needless to say it's really went down in quality (or they lost all their good line cooks since 2006). Since they were featured in a couple of dining magazines. 

CincoSeisDos: Fellow SoCal NT'er 
pimp.gif
, you know there's a location of 25 Degrees in Huntington Beach right? Check it out whenever you're at main street avoiding all the "Bros" and such. But I'll check out Fronks soon enough good looking out 
pimp.gif

Now my verdict:

Five Guys Burgers and Fries: Zagat guide really hyped em up. I tried them and they weren't all that. Burger soggy, fries were super limp. I don't know which locations on the east coast you folks are going but I guess they made the Cali ones all messed up.

Father's Office: Again the place is overhype, they OD'd on the bleu cheese when I tried it. How you gonna put the burger in a baguette of all things smh 
tired.gif

Umami Burger: I finally went here and I gotta try the rest of the menu to make sure it's bomb. But their signature burger is definitely on point, a little bit of tanginess a lot of texture. Nice signature umami burger sear on the brioche bun. It's almost too perfect, but again gotta try the other stuff before stating it's the best burger in LA. Some side dishes are skeptical but the tempura rings battered in malt liquor 
pimp.gif

The Habit: Heard of this place too, unfortunately still haven't ventured around LA as much as I should. But I'll let yall know how I feel about it in a bit.

Spots I want to try in the future:

Burger Bar (Las Vegas, NV): Ran by Hubert Keller of Fleur De Lys in San Francisco.

8 Oz Burger Bar (Los Angeles, CA): Saw this spot was ran by one of the Top Chef Masters in Season 2 who trained under Susan Fenniger.

Shake Shack (New York, NY): Popular new joint that friends post on Facebook about.

White Castle (not the box stuff, Various East Coast locations): Probably will try it once I visit out there in a year or two.

Good Stuff Eatery (Washington DC): Another one ran by a Top Chef contestant Spike Mendelson, get's a lot of hype but we'll see once I try this as well.
Didn't know about an HB location but that's good to know, a lot closer
smokin.gif

Update if you ever venture out to Fronks, a lot of the locals love it. I think it won't survive long-term since local businesses in Bellflower NEVER survive, but I hope i'm wrong with this one. Their malted milkshakes and Soda-Jerk style Ice Cream sodas are awesome too

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Wassup everyone, gonna drop some burger knowledge again 
pimp.gif
So to respond to earlier posters:

mike23theking: Hopefully you went to Slater's 50/50 already curious to see what you think about it.

dunkaruu: Agreed with Nation's in NorCal, where did you get Chez Maman at?

dt24; I tried Val's on three separate occasions in a two year time span. Needless to say it's really went down in quality (or they lost all their good line cooks since 2006). Since they were featured in a couple of dining magazines. 

CincoSeisDos: Fellow SoCal NT'er 
pimp.gif
, you know there's a location of 25 Degrees in Huntington Beach right? Check it out whenever you're at main street avoiding all the "Bros" and such. But I'll check out Fronks soon enough good looking out 
pimp.gif

Now my verdict:

Five Guys Burgers and Fries: Zagat guide really hyped em up. I tried them and they weren't all that. Burger soggy, fries were super limp. I don't know which locations on the east coast you folks are going but I guess they made the Cali ones all messed up.

Father's Office: Again the place is overhype, they OD'd on the bleu cheese when I tried it. How you gonna put the burger in a baguette of all things smh 
tired.gif

Umami Burger: I finally went here and I gotta try the rest of the menu to make sure it's bomb. But their signature burger is definitely on point, a little bit of tanginess a lot of texture. Nice signature umami burger sear on the brioche bun. It's almost too perfect, but again gotta try the other stuff before stating it's the best burger in LA. Some side dishes are skeptical but the tempura rings battered in malt liquor 
pimp.gif

The Habit: Heard of this place too, unfortunately still haven't ventured around LA as much as I should. But I'll let yall know how I feel about it in a bit.

Spots I want to try in the future:

Burger Bar (Las Vegas, NV): Ran by Hubert Keller of Fleur De Lys in San Francisco.

8 Oz Burger Bar (Los Angeles, CA): Saw this spot was ran by one of the Top Chef Masters in Season 2 who trained under Susan Fenniger.

Shake Shack (New York, NY): Popular new joint that friends post on Facebook about.

White Castle (not the box stuff, Various East Coast locations): Probably will try it once I visit out there in a year or two.

Good Stuff Eatery (Washington DC): Another one ran by a Top Chef contestant Spike Mendelson, get's a lot of hype but we'll see once I try this as well.
Didn't know about an HB location but that's good to know, a lot closer
smokin.gif

Update if you ever venture out to Fronks, a lot of the locals love it. I think it won't survive long-term since local businesses in Bellflower NEVER survive, but I hope i'm wrong with this one. Their malted milkshakes and Soda-Jerk style Ice Cream sodas are awesome too

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

1) Umami Burger at Umami Burger. (West LA, Hollywood)

i usually go to the one on la brea but this place is 
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

In n Out will always be my go to spot, but if anyone hasnt said The Counter yet, i'd like to add that

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

1) Umami Burger at Umami Burger. (West LA, Hollywood)

i usually go to the one on la brea but this place is 
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

In n Out will always be my go to spot, but if anyone hasnt said The Counter yet, i'd like to add that

anyone hd shake shack? they open one here in miami, super over priced, burger was ehhh, i guess its suppose to be the competition to 5guys, but the east coast vers.
all it is, is a fancy burger place.
any good spots in miami? ive gone to the yellow submarine truck, its ok.
los perros and la moon got the porkys buger, with sliced ham on it. good, but the hotdogs there are alot better.
theres cheeseburger baby on south beach, its good, but super over priced ($1 for each extra, which are free @ 5 guys, which they opened one right infront so thats hurting them).
i want to check out kingdom which is where the dude from man vs food went.

anyone hd shake shack? they open one here in miami, super over priced, burger was ehhh, i guess its suppose to be the competition to 5guys, but the east coast vers.
all it is, is a fancy burger place.
any good spots in miami? ive gone to the yellow submarine truck, its ok.
los perros and la moon got the porkys buger, with sliced ham on it. good, but the hotdogs there are alot better.
theres cheeseburger baby on south beach, its good, but super over priced ($1 for each extra, which are free @ 5 guys, which they opened one right infront so thats hurting them).
i want to check out kingdom which is where the dude from man vs food went.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I went to In N Out a few times when I was in San Diego. I liked it (although that animal style is for the birds) and yet I still like 5 Guys. At the end of the day, you guys are fools for so passionately defending a fast food place. You get stock options from In N Out or something?

You got stock in Budweiser? I've never seen someone so passionate about a particular beer brand that they went out and made a s/n after it.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I went to In N Out a few times when I was in San Diego. I liked it (although that animal style is for the birds) and yet I still like 5 Guys. At the end of the day, you guys are fools for so passionately defending a fast food place. You get stock options from In N Out or something?

You got stock in Budweiser? I've never seen someone so passionate about a particular beer brand that they went out and made a s/n after it.

I was reading up on some of the places you guys mentioned that were near me...Based on Burger Bar's reviews, it seems fair, but some of the suggestions took me to Pearl's Deluxe Burger in SF. I will attempt to sample it next week and report back with some results.

I was reading up on some of the places you guys mentioned that were near me...Based on Burger Bar's reviews, it seems fair, but some of the suggestions took me to Pearl's Deluxe Burger in SF. I will attempt to sample it next week and report back with some results.

in and outs
pimp.gif
>>
had one like 3 blocks away from my school ditched almost every dam day
roll.gif

in and outs
pimp.gif
>>
had one like 3 blocks away from my school ditched almost every dam day
roll.gif

Originally Posted by grusumm18

when i was at ucsb, the habit was the spot
pimp.gif
Alumni
I'd also take The Habit over In-n-out, but only the one in goleta other spots aren't as good. I'm gonna try out umami this weekend

Originally Posted by grusumm18

when i was at ucsb, the habit was the spot
pimp.gif
Alumni
I'd also take The Habit over In-n-out, but only the one in goleta other spots aren't as good. I'm gonna try out umami this weekend

Originally Posted by killabee

I flew out to Philly once to try their burgers from White Castle. Biggest disappointment ever. Soggy +!@ bread. The movie just made it look so golden. But honestly In-n-Out is my favorite. It has that unique flavor to it that I just don't know how to describe and that's what separates it from the rest. BELIEVE THE HYPE, not like the sorry +%! white castle bull *!!$. And also I don't like "gourmet" burgers. They're usually overpriced and taste nothing like a real burger suppose to taste like if you know what i mean. For those of you who never had an In-n-Out Burger, Its everything you'd imagine it taste like and some.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Animal Style ftw! Animal style fries are a rip off though

Originally Posted by killabee

I flew out to Philly once to try their burgers from White Castle. Biggest disappointment ever. Soggy +!@ bread. The movie just made it look so golden. But honestly In-n-Out is my favorite. It has that unique flavor to it that I just don't know how to describe and that's what separates it from the rest. BELIEVE THE HYPE, not like the sorry +%! white castle bull *!!$. And also I don't like "gourmet" burgers. They're usually overpriced and taste nothing like a real burger suppose to taste like if you know what i mean. For those of you who never had an In-n-Out Burger, Its everything you'd imagine it taste like and some.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Animal Style ftw! Animal style fries are a rip off though

Back
Top Bottom