The Bicycle Thread

Haha bike party looks dope.

Thanks for reviving the thread. Here's what Santa dropped off for me this year: Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Dura-ace. Still a work in progress, but it's a huge upgrade from my CAAD9.

Bike party is fun at first until drunk people start causing accidents with other bikers. I've had a few friends get bikes ruined. Then again, I have a few friends who go to every bike party :lol:

Just ordered a Norco 'cross bike today. Can't wait but it's going to be a few weeks until I get it.

Good deal and they do this bike to work thing here where your employer buys it and leases it back to you so it's only like $60 a month for the year.

Still can't believe I haven't ridden my bike since last year when they snatched my front tire. Y'all think I can find one on Craigslist without worrying about if it's stolen? This is for my road bike.

Probably time for me to graduate from my aluminum Specialized Allez.  Rode a Trek Emonda S5 before Christmas and man it took all of my self control to not buy one right then.  But I'll wait till spring and do a little more shopping around between now and then.  Looking to spend around $2k cause I don't think I need to get anything better than the 105.  Only been riding for a year and a half so I'm certainly no expert.

Yeah I recently road a full carbon bike and damn did it make me want one haha. But honestly I haven't ridden my bike as much as I have wanted to so really can't justify the purchase.

Sorry for the thread bump, I'm looking to purchase a commuter bike. I was looking on CL, I saw a '98 bianchi veloche for 500 and a Puch road bike for 300. They are both used but described as in "mint condition". The Puch is coming from a used bike shop and the Bianchi is a second owner. My question is I'm gonna use it recreationally and occasionally to ride to work to avoid traffic. Which one would be a better buy, I haven't used a bike since high school

Literally just changed my cassette and chain this morning on my cheapie Diamondback Insight. Spent like 15 minutes trying to get the damn cassette off. Everything all shiny and new now though :pimp:

Gonna take it out for a test drive in this gorgeous weather.

I've been debating to getting a mountain bike... But I took out my bmx bike the other day and its just so much more fun to ride with

I'm in a dilemma :lol:

I've been debating to getting a mountain bike... But I took out my bmx bike the other day and its just so much more fun to ride with

I'm in a dilemma :lol:

Nothing wrong with different bikes for different uses. Trail riding is pretty fun.

Man I never knew how hard it was to put Gatorskins tires on. Damn near snatched the nails off of my fingers!

You don't have a bike tire tool?

You shouldn't use a tyre lever to put tyres on - just off. You need to get the tyre deep in the well on the opposite side and just work it together.

Gatorskins are renowned for being tight though.

Back
Top Bottom