The Bicycle Thread

fambz i really wanna cop this frame
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 8.38.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 8.38.48 AM.png

that purple tranluscent goes HARDDDD & its carbón but man i told myself ima wait till 2021

Also made an offer on this, it has a crack so i might be able to snag it forr cheap and have it welded since aluminum
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 8.40.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 8.40.27 AM.png

I ride in Torm jerseys - comfy and I like the style. Got a long sleeves red one and a short sleeved black one with red and yellow stripes - for that overnight century I did a few years ago. Wool is really good this time of year - but no good on a warm sunny day (although if it wasn't black it would probably be okay - I keep meaning to get a lighter colour for the summer).

When it gets a bit colder I've got an Endura jacket which is good. I was kicking myself a few months ago though because in April they were offering 50% to health workers and I meant to get another one and forgot until a few days later. Would have been a great deal at half price.
Nice recs. I need a wool jersey and a jacket ironically. Wool is nice here in the PNW, if it gets wet it still stay fairly warm.

Edit: looks like Torm doesnt ship to the US :frown:

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s it’s best feature - warm even when damp. I don’t wear a waterproof any more - you just get wet on the inside. As long as you are warm wet doesn’t matter.

It also doesn’t smell which is nice.

If you want to order one you can send it to me and I’ll ship it - probably about $10 to ship to the US.

kdawg kdawg I might take you up on that! Much appreciated.

What is the sizing like? In most jerseys here I wear Large in typical US sizing.

You’d probably want an XL in euro sizing then - US sizes tend to be a little bigger.

Also made an offer on this, it has a crack so i might be able to snag it forr cheap and have it welded since aluminum
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 8.40.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 8.40.27 AM.png

I think we’ve discussed this before but you can’t just repair aluminum frames - they need heat treated after welding. I’ve seen a few people try to repair something like that and it doesn’t end well. It’s not really worth anything - unless you need the unbroken parts to repair something else.

I think we’ve discussed this before but you can’t just repair aluminum frames - they need heat treated after welding. I’ve seen a few people try to repair something like that and it doesn’t end well. It’s not really worth anything - unless you need the unbroken parts to repair something else.
Damn really??

theres somereally good welders in my area i was thinking ofgoing too

but thanks for the heads up

Yeah, welding is the simple part - the problem is that it gets way too hot and as I understand it that causes the atoms to line up - which makes it relative soft and pliable - not something you want in a bike.

Heat treating properly makes the matrix of the metal irregular so harder.

You can definitely do it - but doing it economically is another matter. In this case you’d be better with a new frame as you’d spend more on the repair, heat treatment and paint.

Yesterday's ride. Trying to get out of my comfort zone and do more climbs. I still get pretty sketch'd out on the descents. I did upgrade my ultegra rotors to dura ace mostly for aesthetics... I don't really notice any difference in braking with them.
IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG
damn bruh hows that bike in the dirt?

Not great. I’m still using the gp5000s in size 28 that the bike came with. One of my first flats on this bike came when I veered off the bike trail to avoid something in the road. I did just buy some tire liners that I’m gonna install to hopefully make them more puncture resistant

Tire liners are heavy and will make the ride more harsh - could you not fit wider tires in there? Something like a decent 32 with a protective layer would help if you want to ride rougher roads.

Why not a mtb?

The whole trail is still paved. There's sections of the trail that's a little rough, but road bikes can still get through.

Tire liners are heavy and will make the ride more harsh - could you not fit wider tires in there? Something like a decent 32 with a protective layer would help if you want to ride rougher roads.

Do they make them heavy? I thought they were a thin strip that you would put between the tire and the tube. This is my first time trying them out. I went and ordered these:

I’m starting to realize I need to learn how to change a tube here soon. Y’all are thrashing

551AD21E-AA7A-4EED-B87B-14B178CA53B0.jpeg
I went kinda hard yesterday, can i patch this up???

Man stop :rofl: :rofl:

I’m starting to realize I need to learn how to change a tube here soon. Y’all are thrashing

I had to go thru growing pains because i would always get flats in my front wheel. Come to find out, it was because i would always pinch the tube with tire levers. Or i would install the tube inside the rim incorrectly, which would lead to pinching. I literally have like 5 inner tubes waiting to get patched up, i just been lazy.

This video here helped me a lot, and in my opinion has been the best tutorial.

Man stop :rofl: :rofl:

I had to go thru growing pains because i would always get flats in my front wheel. Come to find out, it was because i would always pinch the tube with tire levers. Or i would install the tube inside the rim incorrectly, which would lead to pinching. I literally have like 5 inner tubes waiting to get patched up, i just been lazy.

This video here helped me a lot, and in my opinion has been the best tutorial.

That’s why you want to be able to install tires with just your thumbs.

Back
Top Bottom