The Bicycle Thread

What are your favorite online retailers? I’m all about supporting my local businesses, but the 4 shops around me are very elitist and don’t service me the same way they do the others. It is one of the reasons I switched over to single speed and fixie, this way I can more easily learn how to work on my own equipment with little to no experience. I have suspicions as to why, but this isn’t the place to discuss it. Looking for everything from clothing, accessories, replacement parts, the works.

Performance bicycle, Competitive cyclist, Amazon, Wiggle (UK based), pros closet.

Sports Basement since you're near the bay area right? Their warehouse is based in Oakland, so they ship quick. They usually have clothing on sale.

Performance bicycle, Competitive cyclist, Amazon, Wiggle (UK based), pros closet.

Sports Basement since you're near the bay area right? Their warehouse is based in Oakland, so they ship quick. They usually have clothing on sale.
Yes I’m near the bay. I go up there a few times a month, so I might see if I can stop by for parts. Thank you for the suggestion.

Rumble Rumble if your lbs is acting that way then they don’t deserve your business. **** them.
What kinda parts are looking to get? Or you need servicing done?

Got another bike on the way hopefully. For now it’ll be bling bits (Chain, brake levers, bar tape, potentially wheels). When the next one comes in it’ll be more of the same plus a crankset and depending what else I find it needs

nah. Moved over platforms so that it is more easily serviced by me at home. The more I come and check out y’all are doing, the more I’ve learned. I’m getting good workouts now with a single speed, which was the goal from the beginning.

I used Amazon, Craigslist, Sports Basement and American Cyclery in SF. I remember when I was in the market to buy and all someone had to do was kiss my butt a little and then they had a sale. Took like 4-5 shops to get that to happen. Thankfully American Cyclery had my size and even threw a deal my way. But I told them I was a rookie and they still gave me solid treatment.

Went for a nice night ride...
8B0E6734-086E-4814-8D75-3DEF8C5FA40C.jpeg

What are your favorite online retailers? I’m all about supporting my local businesses, but the 4 shops around me are very elitist and don’t service me the same way they do the others. It is one of the reasons I switched over to single speed and fixie, this way I can more easily learn how to work on my own equipment with little to no experience. I have suspicions as to why, but this isn’t the place to discuss it. Looking for everything from clothing, accessories, replacement parts, the works.
I like Universalcycles.com their online interfaced isnt as polished as some sites, but they carry everything you can think of when it comes to bikes. The online team is also pretty responsive.

Yea back when I was in the bay area, I hated shopping at LBS because of that. Especially along the 680.

I have Rapha knee warmers and they're actually really good - I had cheaper ones before and they worked but they fell apart.

It really depends on fit though - anything that fits well is best - I have good Lusso leg warmers too - but I had to get a S/M which is weird because I'm 6'1" 230 - but the M/L were really long.

Yea I usually get M in lower half stuff, but my recent leg warmers (cant remember the brand, i'll check) were slightly too big and they just werent as effective and something that fits right.

I like knickers or some thermal tights/bibs

I don't like knickers - used to have a pair, but I prefer segmented things.

I have 5 pairs of shorts which means I can ride most days without having to do laundry - then I can use the other parts depending on the weather. I have knee warmers, leg warmers and unpadded tights - I prefer those as I can wear shorts with them and just wash them at the end of the week rather than having specific padded items that will need washed more often and I run the risk of not having the right thing or having to wear them again (which is a recipe for undercarriage discomfort).

^I can see that. Ability to tera down layers is always a good thing. Especially in different areas where it warms up quite a bit as the day goes.

Chris King Open House:

Crazy this place is right in town for me.

anyone have recommendations for arm/leg warmers? really don't feel like paying $55 for some rapha joints :lol:

I have the Rapha merino wool arm and leg warmers. They are pricey but man I love those things. :lol:

Merino wool is great, I can wear it in the morning when it's colder and even if it heats up, it doesn't make me super hot or anything.

New Schwalbe Marathon Racer tires fitted to my crappy weather commuter - I’ve had it about 8 years now and these tires have been great. 35c wide so really comfy on bad roads and good grip on wet and mucky roads. Every 2 years I put a new pair on and that’s the only time I’ve ever taken them off.

8AAE4FF7-76C6-4145-B630-02C1A8B20323.jpeg

thinking of selling my road bike

if anyone wants a bianchi via nerone 7 in very very good condition let me know
Has some conti 5000s with low miles
located in los angeles

Last edited:
also selling the specialized tarmac

same bike as this.

havent rode roadies in forever, and these are taking up space

same bike as this.

What have you been riding recently and why?

same bike as this.

Dam if this was my size I’d be all over it. Enjoy the dirt!

ever look into gravel riding? We have some good trails up in the NW

Picked up this gt pro series and am in love

Attachments

• A22EDC09-050B-4BB0-82E0-8CFD4643A3C4.jpeg
    A22EDC09-050B-4BB0-82E0-8CFD4643A3C4.jpeg
    627.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 85554BF2-ED18-4557-B770-EA9E0BA0B3E5.jpeg
    85554BF2-ED18-4557-B770-EA9E0BA0B3E5.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 710059B6-F03D-4D68-85B2-396C0C7C7309.jpeg
    710059B6-F03D-4D68-85B2-396C0C7C7309.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 80