The Bicycle Thread

Damn! Mentioned this in his thread but Fong$tarr Fong$tarr is a real one, years back dude went out of his way to engage with me and provided some great advice.
And speaking of helmets, mine just came in today. Be safe out there everyone
35AB910A-5CBD-4EF2-A754-15F9514FC24F.jpeg
3FDB07B7-90A3-42CA-9983-4C45833A89A3.jpeg

Yea dam y'all helmet up.

Remember safety first too. It aint always about speed and time. We out here on the road sharing it with people that are distracted with cellphones.

Are those Garmins more accurate or something? What’s the difference from using that over your phone?

I am thinking about buying a Quadlock case for my phone but interested about the pros and cons of that or using those Garmins.

For me, it’s the battery life. I don’t have to keep a backup charger with me as my phone kept dying on long rides. The device also has some cool features like route creator. I can put in how many miles I want to do and what direction I want to ride and it creates a route.

Dam wishing you the best during recovery Fong$tarr Fong$tarr

Your presence on this earth and art is much needed. Bless

Oh damn, didn't know he got hurt. Heal up brother.

I don't know him but I seen a dude with his bike yesterday in Emeryville area. I know he rides around this way, wonder if it was him.

He's in the hospital.

Has brain damage and skull injuries.
But he's going to make a full recovery.

Wow.

Man, please y’all just wear a helmet. Whether you going on a 5 mile or 100 mile, it ain’t worth riding out there without it. Has nothing to do with how safe you are, people out there are reckless. It ain’t worth the risk.

Wow.

Man, please y’all just wear a helmet. Whether you going on a 5 mile or 100 mile, it ain’t worth riding out there without it. Has nothing to do with how safe you are, people out there are reckless. It ain’t worth the risk.
Real talk and in his case, he hit a rock it seems. You never know when something like this, that you may not 100% have control over will happen.

Anyone mess with ebikes? Any tips? Probably got to scoop one up in the near future as a daily commuter so I can chew through these hills without showing up to work needing a shower.

For me, it’s the battery life. I don’t have to keep a backup charger with me as my phone kept dying on long rides. The device also has some cool features like route creator. I can put in how many miles I want to do and what direction I want to ride and it creates a route.
All of this, I'll just add as well that in the case of a fall or accident your phone will very likely crack or break. Had this happened to a friend of mine not too long ago.

Anyone mess with ebikes? Any tips? Probably got to scoop one up in the near future as a daily commuter so I can chew through these hills without showing up to work needing a shower.
i want an ebike for mountain biking, but they PRICEY!

Man that's crazy, Fong$tarr Fong$tarr was just in here posting a few days ago

Wishing you the best and hope you make a healthy recovery 🙏🏽

My helmet should be here tomorrow, i was supposed to ride last thursday and friday too....our group cancelled, maybe that was a sign

IMG_6071.jpeg

Boy hooked it up, full carbon errthang

didn't you just cop a bianchi like 3 weeks ago? you rich man

The new whip.
Been riding for about a week.

Helmet of course.
0EF2A6BB-D809-4197-BF1C-86E986B7080F.jpeg

Get well soon Fong$tarr Fong$tarr

spec list?

The new whip.
Been riding for about a week.

Helmet of course.
0EF2A6BB-D809-4197-BF1C-86E986B7080F.jpeg

Get well soon Fong$tarr Fong$tarr

clean bike
Man that's crazy, Fong$tarr Fong$tarr was just in here posting a few days ago

Wishing you the best and hope you make a healthy recovery 🙏🏽

My helmet should be here tomorrow, i was supposed to ride last thursday and friday too....our group cancelled, maybe that was a sign

didn't you just cop a bianchi like 3 weeks ago? you rich man

spec list?

man i wanna go on a group ride, never been with more than one other person riding.

man i wanna go on a group ride, never been with more than one other person riding.

back at fixed gear peak when me and my friends were running San Jose Fixed our Tuesday/Thursday night rides would be like 30-50 people deep, it was wild. get a good 20-30 miles in then go grab some beers. helluva time

Oh damn, didn't know he got hurt. Heal up brother.

I don't know him but I seen a dude with his bike yesterday in Emeryville area. I know he rides around this way, wonder if it was him.

I was out Wednesday. Had a Giants fitted on. Went through Emeryville for a bit but was going a long route from there to Pinole and then back through Orinda. By the time I did the hefty Orinda climb, I was winded and tired. As I biked on San Pablo Damn road, I probably was just not paying attention and just hit a rock. Couldn’t have gone any faster than 13 miles per hour but the rock just had my name on it.

Thanks for the kind words. NT really has been more than a forum for me and I always try to put my best foot forward in my responses to people. The love In here has been overwhelming needless to say. I really appreciate it all.

clean bike

It's not many of us, it's usually 3 or 4 friends that have known each other since childhood.

Not sure what you're looking for in particular, but I got my current setup off of BikesDirect for ~$400 back in 2012 and it's served me well since:

717MqL91d5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

M Mark Antony the mercier kilo tt(posted above) is the most highly recommended starter fixed gear bike. I can't speak on a road bike cause that's not what i ride and i have no knowledge of them.

I would probably go the used route for a $500 road bike.

You could probably get something lightly used with a Shimano Claris (8 speed) or Sora (9 speed) groupset. A lot of people have bikes with not a lot of mileage on them.

Just make sure you know what size bike you need to get. This is just a general chart. Different companies have slight variations, but generally you can go off this.

1596410318666.png

Back
Top Bottom