The Biden-Harris Administration | The White House

Status
Not open for further replies.
CC is the way to go though...why pay full price at a 4 year college when you can go to a 2 year college then pay full price for the other 2 years to get your bachelors... but honestly CC is frowned upon for most people... they look at it as 13th grade smh

CC is the way to go though...why pay full price at a 4 year college when you can go to a 2 year college then pay full price for the other 2 years to get your bachelors... but honestly CC is frowned upon for most people... they look at it as 13th grade smh

Go to CC then transfer. One of my favorite college professors did this and ended up at Harvard. But a CC degree alone IS frowned upon in many fields.

^ for that reason alone on my resume I put both my CC degree and bachelors... I dont care if its frowned upon... I am proud I graduated CC and a lot of my friends I went to school with couldnt even do that... most dropped out completely and some transferred out...

i missed out on the college experience to save money... i didnt dorm at all and commuted...books were expensive but i always bought the used ones to compensate the cost...now that i think about it college was overpriced but it was because of the school i went to at the time which was pace university in manhattan... i dont regret it one bit though because i met a lot of cool people, had some great experiences and of course more importantly learned a lot... but with that being said it came at a hefty cost financially

Last edited:
It's stupid because 4 year colleges and universities make you waste a year or two by requiring you to take so many gen ed / elective courses. So that's extra tuition for them then consider how expensive dorming is along with the food and textbooks we have to get every semester.

Paid $300 in’ fees’ for my year of independent study in France. Best thing I’ve ever done and I realized it’s easy to do the full 4 years in many of those countries, once you’re there.

I don’t f with our system at all, period. There are tons of better ways, but the elites refuse and the uneducated think they know best. The status quo was never good enough for me.

also paid roughly 42% in taxes and would do it again. The dollar amount I saw on my checks were mine, and enough for an adult student to live.

EDIT: forgot about Marijuana decriminalized on a federal level. Yep, Trump coulda been the greatest, but he’s an idiot instead.

Last edited:
Gas prices at a 9yr high

6% inflation

Record # of Americans (81% iirc) with less than a $1,000 savings

Most adults of all time having to move back home even more than the Great Depression

Musk, Bezos, Buffet, and Cuban making exponentially more money than ever and still paying 0 taxes in fact getting tax break

Need a few airdrops of some Joe Bucks

But at least he be off twitter

I still remember Trump saying he wants oil prices to increase during the negative oil barrel priceing of March/April 2020. Dumbest thing I heard.

Go to CC then transfer. One of my favorite college professors did this and ended up at Harvard. But a CC degree alone IS frowned upon in many fields.

Yeah even better, do CC completely online and work FT simultaneously or learn a trade or something. Online courses are a joke not a lot of time needs to be dedicated to them and you can knock out those prerequisites and then transfer to a legit school. Something I wish I did.

Some of the prerequisites were cool though and even beneficial, so I'm not gonna dog on them completely. But most were a waste of time.

I think it is amazing how in 2021 and in the age of information... our Vice President is from the state of California, went to Howard University, and is black... but has not been informed or educated on the medicinal benefits of a plant that is legal in her state, was used at her alma mater, and is a staple in her culture. With 80 percent of the economy revolving around healthcare... it is amazing how our Vice President can consciously perpetuate a system that intentionally hurts people... rather than using her position to enact real change. Her intentional ignorance and lack of informational accountability confirms to me that the American government is a total and complete joke.

I think it is amazing how in 2021 and in the age of information... our Vice President is from the state of California, went to Howard University, and is black... but has not been informed or educated on the medicinal benefits of a plant that is legal in her state, was used at her alma mater, and is a staple in her culture. With 80 percent of the economy revolving around healthcare... it is amazing how our Vice President can consciously perpetuate a system that intentionally hurts people... rather than using her position to enact real change. Her intentional ignorance and lack of informational accountability confirms to me that the American government is a total and complete joke.

THAT'S what it took? :lol:

I vote Dem mainly because of what's sitting on the other side of the fence. No way Biden runs again. No way Harris can win, I don't think. Not in this racist backwards *** country. Too many Americans lost this $#@! when a half black man was running things.

They need some fresh blood, and I don't think Mayor Pete is it. I seriously see this country going backwards big time for the foreseeable future. It's pretty depressing when you think about it.

It’s basically what you make it out to be. I suffered from wasting a year at my local CC. But when I moved out in my own, I was able to focus and get my AA and transfer to a 4-year fairly quickly.

nothing wrong with going to a CC.

Environmentalists are fuming after the Department of the Interior auctioned leases to drill for oil in an 80-million-acre section of the Gulf of Mexico on Wednesday morning. The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management sold 308 tracts covering 1.7 million acres to fossil fuel giants such as Chevron and ExxonMobil.

“This morning was met with extreme disappointment, depleted hope, and shattered trust,” said Hallie Templeton, legal director for Friends of the Earth, in a statement. “The Biden administration has opted to move forward with relinquishing all remaining parcels of the Gulf of Mexico to oil and gas interests. The decision is based on unlawful analysis that ignores climate change and the serious environmental injustice posed to the Gulf’s frontline communities. We are left aghast that the administration has ignored its clear authority to defer the sale and our final hope lies with the federal court to remedy these violations.”

While President Biden has made action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions a centerpiece of his legislative and regulatory agenda and recently proclaimed at the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Glasgow that the United States is a global leader on combating climate change, environmental activists argue that the administration could have refused to move forward with the auction.

The White House contends that it had no choice, due to a court order issued in June. During the 2020 campaign, President Biden pledged to end fossil fuel leasing offshore and on federal lands. This was a major concession to climate activists, who argue that the government shouldn’t let public lands and waters be used to make climate change worse and to risk the other environmental impacts of oil and gas exploration.

At first, Biden did attempt to stop future fossil fuel leasing. In his first week in office, Biden signed an executive order issuing a “temporary pause” on oil and gas lease auctions on federal land and water.

Louisiana and 12 other states took the administration to court, arguing that already-planned lease sales must continue. A Trump-appointed federal district court judge in Louisiana agreed, and he ordered the administration to complete the sale.

Unfortunately he was the ONLY option we had to get Trump the **** out, I’ll never regret making that choice, i never claimed Biden as our savior...dude is an antiquated as Trump, same era, same roots, both white old men who benefitted from white supremacy their whole lives....hopefully we have better choices next election, Biden only won because the alternative was Trump.

I mean....yall could have voted for Bernie in the primaries.
Yeah we need alot more young folks voting. I thought Bernie had a legit shot this time around but not enough of his base voted for him

My first choice was Liz Warren and by the time the primary for my state came around she dropped out and I voted for Bernie instead but by then the majority voting bloc (older moderates) already decided the fate of the party with Joe

Was completely fine voting for Joe and he wasn't even my 2nd choice but what can you do when you're outnumbered in your own party
9zy7x0_th (2).png

Last edited:
folk act like I was talking sideways. I read an article to the same tune of this in early summer. She’s not in the public eye for a reason, and not just because she’s VP. Something is up.
She seemed such a part of the campaign when they were garnering votes for her to be this much in the background now.

Biden might not even be alive by the time of next election. Same for Trump, he’s old as **** (but does look better physically/mentally).

Am I crazy or do I remember economists warning of inflation situations as far back as 2019 or so? We are really just reaping what we have sowed.

Yeah even better, do CC completely online and work FT simultaneously or learn a trade or something. Online courses are a joke not a lot of time needs to be dedicated to them and you can knock out those prerequisites and then transfer to a legit school. Something I wish I did.

Some of the prerequisites were cool though and even beneficial, so I'm not gonna dog on them completely. But most were a waste of time.

Yea but a lot of jobs don't work like "trade school" eg. Medicine. And top engineering jobs won't recruit from community College.

I'm for anyone getting an education then way then going to trade school but it simply isn't an option for many professions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom