The (Bootleg) Jordan 1 Wars

1s were always around and always went straight to clearance.

1s are in my bottom 5 Jays and I was buying them cause they were so cheap and just to add to my collection.

Yea, def. I'm in that camp that "real" Jordans started with the 3.

Jordan 1 just looked like too many of the Nikes of the time, the only thing that made it stand out was the color blocking.

Thang is the silhoutte for 1’s and blazers are just too dope. I dont know if nike created it, but its been 30-40 yrs and they still be heavy even if copied by a thousand companies.

i cant front. As much as i love my 1’s, i got a couple of ysl that i wear.

Jordan 1 just looked like too many of the Nikes of the time, the only thing that made it stand out was the color blocking.

Agreed with you regarding the Jordan 1, although I want to say that it was the Jordan 2 that started it all. It doesn't get much love because he was injured when it dropped IIRC.

Take jordan 1 off the title. It’s just fake wars lol

Y8Vt.gif

2944DA72-C9A3-46F0-8017-DE98C43E1E66.jpeg

5E12D368-E20C-4308-9DD2-70E6EC4E8790.jpeg

Apparently Jordan 1 silhouette was originally going to be called the Terminator and be just a regular Nike. But MJ needed a signature shoe so they made it his exclusively

2944DA72-C9A3-46F0-8017-DE98C43E1E66.jpeg

5E12D368-E20C-4308-9DD2-70E6EC4E8790.jpeg

Apparently Jordan 1 silhouette was originally going to be called the Terminator and be just a regular Nike. But MJ needed a signature shoe so they made it his exclusively

Yea, def. I was reading this series of posts by Foxtrot when they made them. I'm in the comments lol.

It's still one of the best silhouettes of that mid-80s period though. That and the Dunk high and low.

Theory:

the fierce competition between replica/counterfeit jordan makers in the past 10 years
has led to big jump in the manufacturing capability of small renegade chinese shoe factories.

combine that with the efficiency and low cost of social media advertising...

means that anyone with some designs, a alibaba or wechat account and a couple grand.

can get and air jordan 1 clone type shoe made at probably 80-95% the quality of the real thing.
and advertise em on instagram and make the money back and maybe more.

Last edited:
Theory:

the fierce competition between replica/counterfeit jordan makers in the past 10 years
has led to big jump in the manufacturing capability of small renegade chinese shoe factories.

combine that with the efficiency and low cost of social media advertising...

means that anyone with some designs, a alibaba or wechat account and a couple grand.

can get and air jordan 1 clone type shoe made at probably 80-95% the quality of the real thing.
and advertise em on instagram and make the money back and maybe more.

9DA9A0E4-AB98-4C9C-863F-B26497CB9553.png
6963C0E5-7C3B-48BD-9BC7-D45FE8F8DA08.png

major profit if he’s paying $30 per pair

Back
Top Bottom