The (Bootleg) Jordan 1 Wars

Iono, I thought you were implying he had the right marketing and a shot at getting his investment back.

Haha no. Was just saying his "marketing" would actually get some folks to buy them who would never cross the lease line of a Payless.

Oh damn, one of my first grade students got the new Kiys early! :rofl:

PXL_20240118_174820370.jpg

So if the sneaker is essentially deconstructed, and recreated with completely different materials, it’s not a fake?

For example:

A fake is misrepresenting itself as product that already exists when its actually not. A custom is not doing trying to be something that already exists. It make be inspired by something that already exists but its not trying to BE what its not.

So are shoes from the surgeon, and the many folks on IG who create similar products, fakes?

So if the sneaker is essentially deconstructed, and recreated with completely different materials, it’s not a fake?

For example:

I think Shoe Surgeon walks a VERY fine line there. To me, it would really depend on the percentage of materials replaced. With those ones posted, if he just replaced the toe and heel and kept the panels, I'd still say custom. If he just used the soles, and put an entire brand new upper on them, that's a bit of a different conversation. I have a friend that builds 1 of 1 AJ1's from scratch, and I don't consider his "real" Jordans. Since they're unique, they're more custom pieces of art to me.

EDIT: Totally agree with tr1ll tr1ll

It would definitely be a fake convertible, as the part used on the challenger is not part of the factory build. :lol:

So if I have a pair of AJ 1s, and Surgeon deconstructs it and replaces all of the original leather/suede with python or ostrich, but uses the original soles, that’s not a fake?

It would definitely be a fake convertible, as the part used on the challenger is not part of the factory build. :lol:

So if I have a pair of AJ 1s, and Surgeon deconstructs it and replaces all of the original leather/suede with python or ostrich, but uses the original soles, that’s not a fake?
But is the car itself fake? No it would be a custom.

No. If you cut the roof of a Challenger to make it a convertible, is it now a "fake" Challenger or a "fake" convertible? No, its just a Challenger that was converted into a convertible. If you paint a real LV belt, is now a fake LV belt?

You also asked would it be a fake convertible.

I can rock with a custom if it's something you did or paid someone to do a 1 of 1. When these dudes start mass producing customs they fake af.

… Nike has stolen ideas as well well.

And the BAPESTA really is like 5% of BAPE’s appeal. Nigo has built brands and recreated stuff twice over. Bape, Human Made, etc. dude is a creative.

Nike sure did rip off Converse/PF Flyers with the Blazer in the 70s, also ripped off its first soccer shoe from Adidas.

Nike isn’t a perfect company

A fake is misrepresenting itself as product that already exists when its actually not. A custom is not doing trying to be something that already exists. It make be inspired by something that already exists but its not trying to BE what its not.
Like folks taking Heritage 1s, blacking out the white panels and calling them Bred/Banned customs. Yeah they custom, but they still fake

Like folks taking Heritage 1s, blacking out the white panels and calling them Bred/Banned customs. Yeah they custom, but they still fake
That sound more like a fake person lol. The shoe itself is real. They are real Heritage 1s.

Back
Top Bottom