The Car Payment Thread Vol. Next time I'm buying Used..

09 corolla S 20k miles...paid 15.2 cash

No Car payment FTW

Spoiler [+]
jones junction bel air md, free oil changes and car wash for life always helps make the decision

If you're in a situation where it doesn't hurt you financially to buy a new car and make the payments, then by all means do it. There is no right/wrong answer to the whole new/used purchases. Do what's best for you.

If you're in a situation where it doesn't hurt you financially to buy a new car and make the payments, then by all means do it. There is no right/wrong answer to the whole new/used purchases. Do what's best for you.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

$546.99 a month for a 2003 Nissan Maxima.

Long story. Supposed to be paid of in 2012. Closing in on the last few payments tho'.

Learned a very important lesson in life.
..what the hell?
did you buy new or used?

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

$546.99 a month for a 2003 Nissan Maxima.

Long story. Supposed to be paid of in 2012. Closing in on the last few payments tho'.

Learned a very important lesson in life.
..what the hell?
did you buy new or used?

Originally Posted by BigTy23

$250 2004 impala. Will get a 96' impala next year
pimp.gif

Good decision, next car will be a 94 paid for in cash.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

420 a month for this **%%**$ Dodge Charger

THEN...178 for this **%%**$ insurance. It WAS at 260. Then 220. Now 178.
sick.gif
smh.gif

It's been a year so I got a ways to go. Hopefully, my insurance will continue to drop. This %%%$ is for the birds.
should've just bought it used....we all know you didn't cop da one with da hemi....those v6 chargers go for PENNIES used.
aint a new charger coming out too
sick.gif
??? you can cop a charger for the low at the pennsylvania auction easy...
what we do to stunt
smh.gif

sick.gif
smh.gif

It's been a year so I got a ways to go. Hopefully, my insurance will continue to drop. This %%%$ is for the birds.
should've just bought it used....we all know you didn't cop da one with da hemi....those v6 chargers go for PENNIES used.
sick.gif
what we do to stunt
smh.gif

1) first car was a 97' camry with about 70k miles

purchased it in 03' for $9,700 in cash (the car was in immaculate condition with all service records provided)...put 120k worry free miles on it (less than 2k in unscheduled maintenance in 7 years of ownership). selling it now for $2,700 (will take 2k for it, though)--so after it sells, I basically put no money in it besides tires/oil changes.

2) just picked up an 07' acura TL with 40k miles

had the money to purchase it in cash, but it would have left me with very little liquid savings, plus i didn't have any auto loan on my credit report. got the car from a private seller for 20k, put 14k down, financed 6k for 24 months at 4.75%. so my payment is $263 for 2 years that gets directly pulled from my account each month--going to let the loan mature for the full 24 months so I have a good term loan on my credit report for future purchases (mortgage, next car, etc.). btw, i'll only end up paying ~260 in interest over the 2 year period (a small price to pay for a solid term (auto) loan that will remain on my credit report for 10 years after the maturity date).

at times, i think i should have picked up an 06-08 accord for around 16-18k (and jumped into the luxury car market on my next purchase) but i'm happy with the TL so far (love this body style). hoping it proves to be as reliable as my camry was...

in my opinion, it's better to buy slightly used. for your first car (HS or early college) i'd pick up a 5-7 year old camry or accord. for the rest (once you get a solid job) i'd pick up a 2-3 year old used vehicle with low miles. i don't think i'll ever buy new...rather let someone else take the depreciation hit, while i reap the benefits.

-waystinthyme

1) first car was a 97' camry with about 70k miles

purchased it in 03' for $9,700 in cash (the car was in immaculate condition with all service records provided)...put 120k worry free miles on it (less than 2k in unscheduled maintenance in 7 years of ownership). selling it now for $2,700 (will take 2k for it, though)--so after it sells, I basically put no money in it besides tires/oil changes.

2) just picked up an 07' acura TL with 40k miles

had the money to purchase it in cash, but it would have left me with very little liquid savings, plus i didn't have any auto loan on my credit report. got the car from a private seller for 20k, put 14k down, financed 6k for 24 months at 4.75%. so my payment is $263 for 2 years that gets directly pulled from my account each month--going to let the loan mature for the full 24 months so I have a good term loan on my credit report for future purchases (mortgage, next car, etc.). btw, i'll only end up paying ~260 in interest over the 2 year period (a small price to pay for a solid term (auto) loan that will remain on my credit report for 10 years after the maturity date).

at times, i think i should have picked up an 06-08 accord for around 16-18k (and jumped into the luxury car market on my next purchase) but i'm happy with the TL so far (love this body style). hoping it proves to be as reliable as my camry was...

in my opinion, it's better to buy slightly used. for your first car (HS or early college) i'd pick up a 5-7 year old camry or accord. for the rest (once you get a solid job) i'd pick up a 2-3 year old used vehicle with low miles. i don't think i'll ever buy new...rather let someone else take the depreciation hit, while i reap the benefits.

-waystinthyme

Man my payment is so bad for a very weak car, but I was out of college with no credit and had no idea. I should have held on to my 91 civic and changed the engine.

2006 Ford Focus

$341 monthly, approaching 70k miles

I have like 7 grand to pay off on the car, I'm really thinking about getting another job and just going crazy paying it off. Or selling it If I can get 5k and just be in debt 2k and pay that off, and be with no car for awhile. I live really close to work, I needed a car to ski and chill on the weekends mainly. This thread really made me think.

Is there any other way to get out of such inflated car payments?

Man my payment is so bad for a very weak car, but I was out of college with no credit and had no idea. I should have held on to my 91 civic and changed the engine.

2006 Ford Focus

$341 monthly, approaching 70k miles

I have like 7 grand to pay off on the car, I'm really thinking about getting another job and just going crazy paying it off. Or selling it If I can get 5k and just be in debt 2k and pay that off, and be with no car for awhile. I live really close to work, I needed a car to ski and chill on the weekends mainly. This thread really made me think.

Is there any other way to get out of such inflated car payments?

Originally Posted by Xplicit213

sick.gif
smh.gif

sick.gif
what we do to stunt
smh.gif

I was rushing with the whole Cash for Clunkers thing.

And Hemis were the first thing I looked for and all of them had high miles or were trashed. Dudes get a Hemi and go nuts...apparently.

Originally Posted by Xplicit213

sick.gif
smh.gif

sick.gif
what we do to stunt
smh.gif

I was rushing with the whole Cash for Clunkers thing.

And Hemis were the first thing I looked for and all of them had high miles or were trashed. Dudes get a Hemi and go nuts...apparently.

if i'm payin $125/month for car insurance (08 350z)...how much should I expect to pay when I turn 25 next year?

if i'm payin $125/month for car insurance (08 350z)...how much should I expect to pay when I turn 25 next year?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Definitely don't f around with that note ##*%. Straight cash...auto auctions. Wouldn't do it any other way.
Did you get that Range that had the crackhead price?

Definitely don't f around with that note ##*%. Straight cash...auto auctions. Wouldn't do it any other way.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Na..._'s kept giving me nightmare stories on Range's. Heard they're one...if not the worst when it comes to maintenance. 
I'm playing the auctions now for a new whip. 

Na..._'s kept giving me nightmare stories on Range's. Heard they're one...if not the worst when it comes to maintenance. 

Originally Posted by Baller23217

This entire when you turn 25 is made up for the most part.  I have USAA and when I went from my parents policy to my own policy I saw the biggest decline.  Now when my policy renewed as they do every 6 months my premium actually went up about $3.50.  I have been meaning to call and ask...

Originally Posted by Baller23217

This entire when you turn 25 is made up for the most part.  I have USAA and when I went from my parents policy to my own policy I saw the biggest decline.  Now when my policy renewed as they do every 6 months my premium actually went up about $3.50.  I have been meaning to call and ask...

love how they look but ive heard the same

electrical issues right?

love how they look but ive heard the same

electrical issues right?

Back
Top Bottom