The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

This interview was pointless. All she did was ramble and not say anything of substance.

"So tell us what’s going on?"
"Lena: well I’m a woman of color"

Honestly, they gotta cancel The Chi after this. Lena was too defensive, which leads me to believe that she knew about these allegations and didn't do anything about them when it happened.

I wonder if things would be different if it were a man just ignoring it. I wonder if she's going to get heat for having a hostile work environment.

This interview was pointless. All she did was ramble and not say anything of substance.

"So tell us what’s going on?"
"Lena: well I’m a woman of color"

Honestly, they gotta cancel The Chi after this. Lena was too defensive, which leads me to believe that she knew about these allegations and didn't do anything about them when it happened.

I wonder if things would be different if it were a man just ignoring it. I wonder if she's going to get heat for having a hostile work environment.

Imo, it's worse in her case. Because she claims to be a champion of women and a supporter of the MeToo/TimesUp movement and here she is with her own show and all this stuff went down and she was slow to react ( if at all). You have a black actress that walked away from the show because she probably felt like she wasn't being taken seriously........that looks extremely bad. I seriously believe The Chi will be cancelled because of this.

After seeing Frankie Shaw lose her Showtime show and Lena having problems with her Showtime show, I wonder if Showtime needs to do more to help these young showrunners/producers really get a grip on their productions? It seems like inexperience and rookie mistakes are dooming these shows.

Lena did herself absolutely zero favors here.

Her answer to solving the problem was, “I hired a woman of color as the show runner...”

She literally said nothing about the character or merit of the individual, just that it was a change in color and gender and that was supposed to solve the problem.

That’s typical 1%er, quota filling mentality.

She made a ton of excuses and filibustered so Charlamagne couldn't ask questions. She talked for five minutes straight to the point Charlamagne probably forgot what he wanted to ask next. Then tried to place displace blame on the show runner.

She thought the problem would be solved by bringing a new show runner and having writers go to sexual harassment awareness? huh? Jason Mitchell was the problem. Did you have him go to it? Well I talked to him and told him to treat other women like he would treat me. He isn't attracted to you and looks at you as one of the guys, literally. Obviously he has a problem, but she was cool with people walking away instead of addressing the actual problem.

And when she heard Tiffany was leaving, she said she didn't want to hold her back? But she knew what it was related too. I didn't want to hold her back? Like she was doing her a favor by letting her leave a pay check and exposure. She made it seem like she got a better job offer for more money, that's when you say that.

I can be fired and it wasn't my decision? I don't have the control? But she hired a show runner who changed the direction of the show. So you can hire people, but you can't fire? or at least suggest they get rid of people? How dumb do you think people are hearing this?

She looked bad. :smh:

Before Brandon is written off the show I need him to get Douda to kill Ronnie.

Brandon not even having enough money to pay Perry back if he sold the house.

Kevin making that friend wss cool. Glad kid wasnt an oreo. Meanwhile his friend out there shucking and jiving :smh: Poppa aint even stop him.

Kinda ****ed up Reg doing the right thing on the low and now some rivals he aint know about want hin dead for it.

Ronnie need to die. I knew that date wssngoing left but I almost thought they was gonna pull a rape scene :smh:

I mean they could but her character is already boring with Brandon there, w/o him she's forgettable. If she had kept her job and did real work in the community then maybe she would be interesting but w/o Brandon and her job there's no story line there.
Well that's exactly what's happening with the next ep :lol:

Did you really think they were just gonna keep her unemployed for the rest of the show?

She made a ton of excuses and filibustered so Charlamagne couldn't ask questions. She talked for five minutes straight to the point Charlamagne probably forgot what he wanted to ask next. Then tried to place displace blame on the show runner.

She thought the problem would be solved by bringing a new show runner and having writers go to sexual harassment awareness? huh? Jason Mitchell was the problem. Did you have him go to it? Well I talked to him and told him to treat other women like he would treat me. He isn't attracted to you and looks at you as one of the guys, literally. Obviously he has a problem, but she was cool with people walking away instead of addressing the actual problem.

And when she heard Tiffany was leaving, she said she didn't want to hold her back? But she knew what it was related too. I didn't want to hold her back? Like she was doing her a favor by letting her leave a pay check and exposure. She made it seem like she got a better job offer for more money, that's when you say that.

I can be fired and it wasn't my decision? I don't have the control? But she hired a show runner who changed the direction of the show. So you can hire people, but you can't fire? or at least suggest they get rid of people? How dumb do you think people are hearing this?

She looked bad. :smh:
Thank you for saving me the time.

I clicked play and saw 40 min and was like nah I cant sit through Lena and Charlemagne discussing this. Turns out they aint even do that. Just a lot of tap dancing.

Damn after reading up on this more I guess shorty who played Jerrika aint coming back for s3. Google her name and all you see is Mitchell and Lena :smh:

Last edited:
Before Brandon is written off the show I need him to get Douda to kill Ronnie.

Brandon not even having enough money to pay Perry back if he sold the house.

Kevin making that friend wss cool. Glad kid wasnt an oreo. Meanwhile his friend out there shucking and jiving :smh: Poppa aint even stop him.

Kinda ****ed up Reg doing the right thing on the low and now some rivals he aint know about want hin dead for it.

Ronnie need to die. I knew that date wssngoing left but I almost thought they was gonna pull a rape scene :smh:

Well that's exactly what's happening with the next ep :lol:

Did you really think they were just gonna keep her unemployed for the rest of the show?

Thank you for saving me the time.

I clicked play and saw 40 min and was like nah I cant sit through Lena and Charlemagne discussing this. Turns out they aint even do that. Just a lot of tap dancing.

Damn after reading up on this more I guess shorty who played Jerrika aint coming back for s3. Google her name and all you see is Mitchell and Lena :smh:
_ I don't know I'm not a writer on the show. :lol: Her character is still boring and this discussion is pointless cuz she left the show.

“Let’s skip the dinner and get right to it. You know you wanna give me that *****.” Thought that scene was going LEFT

So we losing Reg Brandon & Jerrika? S3 gonna be a soft reboot

Show low key kind of hard to watch knowing Brandon is a goner. Any scenes with him and Jerrika are super cringy too.

After seeing Frankie Shaw lose her Showtime show and Lena having problems with her Showtime show, I wonder if Showtime needs to do more to help these young showrunners/producers really get a grip on their productions? It seems like inexperience and rookie mistakes are dooming these shows.
Def seems like they need a strong, experienced figure to sort of watch over their investments. Not intrude or change the art, just kinda guide the administration.

- Kevin in the game now. :smh:

- Jada :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

- I knew they wasn't tryna turn Ronnie into some guy. He's always been a complex character.

- Reg giving Brandon advise was funny as ****. I like that they're showing to Reg, the stuff about him tryna protect Jake's mother was cool.

Look at Kev being the middle man for his homies drug transactions lol.
Hate to see Ronnie return to the bottle. Thought I was going to see him actually hook up with Jada and turn his life around.
Those two chicks Reg had in his crib were nice looking. Too bad his days are numbered.

Brandon should have never taken the money from the jump. He has to know that even if he's able to muster the investment plus 20% he still isn't going to get out.

Brandon better go buy a thousand scratch offs :lol: Why did he still propose?

Emmett is a good dude. I hope things work out for him. The break up conversation :lol:

Ronnie :smh: He took the whole bottle to the head like a 40 :lol: Why couldn't he have been out here pinching booties.

Reg the soccer mom, being the bad guy is less stressful :lol:

After re-watching, the show is going to have to pull out a lot of new angles if Brandon, Jerrika and Reggie are all gone next season

Reggie is gone also?

Well, I can’t confirm based on media outlets but Douda/Mr. Perry’s rival said that in order to make things right, he needed to hand over Reg then they had that ominous meeting in front of Reg’s crib at the end of the last episode. Mr. Perry seemed pretty clear and Reggie seemed to know the clock was ticking. It could be the makings of a future plot twist.

That would make for a compelling storyline as well as the introduction of new characters because the show is going to need them.

I could see variant Gucci Mane becoming a mainstay

"variant gucci mane" has me folded... lmfaoooo ...

-i know i say it every week but let me reiterate how much i hate ronnie's voice, mans in his grandma's house screaming at her because she turns the ringer off when she takes a nap & crying over his fake grandchild. buying milk & flowers, & about to kill someone behind the wheel of his unregistered 1980 caprice classic... man i hate that guy...

-one of my favorite lines this year thus far was when reg told brandon... "don't run from this ****, lean into it. it's way too much pressure on nxxxggas tryna be good these days, trust me..being the bad guy is way less stressful"

-i thought malcolm was gon' be an uppity lil dude, he just as real as kevin tho, lol & i love how they gave reg's character more substance.

Reg is a better character, plus it ties in Jake. And what he revealed about Peaches.

Perry would have already offered up Reg or done it himself.

-i know i say it every week but let me reiterate how much i hate ronnie's voice, mans in his grandma's house screaming at her because she turns the ringer off when she takes a nap & crying over his fake grandchild. buying milk & flowers, & about to kill someone behind the wheel of his unregistered 1980 caprice classic... man i hate that guy...

:smh:

I hate that dude.

Then he still went over Emmett's moms house and disrespected her like that. She's still supposed to take care of Ms Ethel after that?

Back
Top Bottom