The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

I wish Ronnie would catch a stray on the south side in that wreck of a car of his. Him and Emmett's mom :smh:

I'm confused about Ronnie's age. I think he's supposed to be in his 30's. They bring up the military like he hasn't been out too long.

So these cops are typical tv cops, homicide, robbery, narcotics all in to one? I don't care about Cruz's background.

R Kelly with the short diss :lol:

I think I'm going to miss Brandon and Kevin's relationship most of all.

Ain't no way Ronnie supposed to be in his 30's. :lol:

He came home from the military in 08.

dont have showtime anymore so I was only able to watch ep 1 of the new season. Has my girlfriend Tai Davis been back??!

dont have showtime anymore so I was only able to watch ep 1 of the new season. Has my girlfriend Tai Davis been back??!
In a few limited scenes with Ronnie. Me and my sidepiece decided she should focus more on her side thing with me for the time being.

Emmett's mom messing with Ronnie :stoneface:

Jerrika quit her job instead of changing the real estate business from the inside. :smh:

I wonder if this Otis Perry storyline wouldn't have happened if Jason Mitchell wasn't a creep IRL

Still not telling us any details on what he actually did other than get into a bar fight. Stop beating around the bush.

You know Me. Ethel was getting it in @ 13. That pic is proof.

So you know her daughter was as well. Hence, Ronnie. Did we get word what happened to his mom? :nerd:

I was like damn, that is some left field **** but you already know when she gets too close Perry gonna get his goons locked up to put pressure on dude so she falls back and then protect him as long as she leaves Reg/Brandon alone.

Nah, Emmett just on that one of my jeans aint giving me the attention she use to let me be nosey and snoop.

You know if that couple was on a different kind of show all that would work. I liked that she straight up said I hate my job amd I need to find my passion. Then Brandon legit stepping up and saying you go do that I got you. Its just the reality of where they live and the color of their skin that **** is not practical.

Nah we haven't found out about Ronnie' s mom yet. I'm assuming she died of an overdose just due to Ronnies alcoholic past...and present.

Good point with the Douda/Toussaint agreement. That would work out well for both. But I can see her personality/pride getting her or her son killed.

I think Emmett should just cool out on chicks all together for the time being. It's completely reasonable that he feels some type of way, I just think he should keep it moving. But he wont, especially not now.

And regarding Jerrika quitting, normally I'd agree but in this particular situation, she knows where Brandon is getting his money from. Leaving a job without another is always hard but to fully depend on investments (for now) from someone that's shady at best....dumb move.

And regarding Jerrika quitting, normally I'd agree but in this particular situation, she knows where Brandon is getting his money from. Leaving a job without another is always hard but to fully depend on investments (for now) from someone that's shady at best....dumb move.
I dont think she knows for a fact yet.

Brandon brought up Otis Perry in a different context at first. She spoke on his shadyness and thought that was the end of that.

Then Brandon told her he got a new investor never naming who. Between the leg up talk he got and Jerrika breaking down it clear why Brandon did it.

Jerrika quitting so quickly caught me off guard. IMO they could have played that out what's going on in inner cities longer. Plus the Alderman was a good character. I hope he continues to come on the show. I guess she can always go in to the family business.

She should know Brandon's "good luck" won't last long.

The Emmett and Brandon discussion about him buying shoes for Keisha :lol:

Ain't no way Ronnie supposed to be in his 30's. :lol:

He came home from the military in 08.

Ronnie didn't do a full 20 in the military. He would be straight from retirement checks and not living with his grandma.

I dont think she knows for a fact yet.

Brandon brought up Otis Perry in a different context at first. She spoke on his shadyness and thought that was the end of that.

Then Brandon told her he got a new investor never naming who. Between the leg up talk he got and Jerrika breaking down it clear why Brandon did it.

He told her that the investor was Otis Perry when they were in the food truck looking at the new stove at the beginning of the ep.

LonelyGiddyKodiakbear-size_restricted.gif

Do you have to have everyone tied together?

or can you have different stories that represent the community?

She's a young woman and also educated and middle class. There's room for that story.

I mean they could but her character is already boring with Brandon there, w/o him she's forgettable. If she had kept her job and did real work in the community then maybe she would be interesting but w/o Brandon and her job there's no story line there.

Jerrika arc w/o Brandon is useless. Use that space for another character weather it be new or old(preferred)

Common should get more camera time. He probably busy as hell though.

And did Brandon's mother, ol girl from the Wire leave the show?

Last edited:
it's hard to look at these scenes now because of the allegations, i'm picking apart things in my head like "his hand was a lil low there, he ain't have to kiss her that hard" ...ronnie don't need a damn car, he don't do nothing...

This interview was pointless. All she did was ramble and not say anything of substance.

"So tell us what’s going on?"
"Lena: well I’m a woman of color"

Honestly, they gotta cancel The Chi after this. Lena was too defensive, which leads me to believe that she knew about these allegations and didn't do anything about them when it happened.

Reactions: God
Back
Top Bottom