The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

I know that this show has had to change show runners, main characters, storylines but goddamn son the amount of plot holes so far after episode 2 is making me question Lena waithe’s credibility as a producer.

- Whatever happened to the OG’s from S1? We saw Johnny Gill’s girl mug one of them for the briefcase in S3E1 but their storyline just got completely written off for no reason.

- We know the off camera reasons why Brandon and Reg got killed off, but will S3 just have 0 explanation as to why they’re gone?

- The cop element from S1 and S2 was a good plot line. Some were corrupt and tied to the 63rd street mobb but the two male and female cops were developing as characters after S2. Especially the black woman, who had personal ties to the 63rd st mobb cause her son was locked up and tied to a rival gang. Brandon’s character being killed off just puts a complete end to that story?

- I thought Tiff was pregnant at the end of S2? Which made Emmitt start taking care of EJ and he moved into that basement. Now in E1 and E2 they’re both in some decent apartment, living together while Tiff is smoking weed? Whatever happened to the future baby?

- Ronnie’s story arch has become mad predictable at this point. Hated, getting his life back on track, back to hated. I’m expecting the homeless are gonna turn on him due to the events that transpired with Dre.. with all that being said, how the **** he end up homeless? Whatever happened to his grandmother? She had a house and he was living there. I know things fell apart with Emmitt’s mother but did that cause him to be homeless?

Just a bunch of questions everywhere

- Ronnie’s story arch has become mad predictable at this point. Hated, getting his life back on track, back to hated. I’m expecting the homeless are gonna turn on him due to the events that transpired with Dre.. with all that being said, how the **** he end up homeless? Whatever happened to his grandmother? She had a house and he was living there. I know things fell apart with Emmitt’s mother but did that cause him to be homeless?

Looks like he stopped paying the bills and the house was repossessed. I think they showed the sign on his door in the 1st or 2nd episode.

Man, I really don't see how Keisha is alive.

So why you wearing cologne?
It's called soap *****!
:rofl:

Damn this dude Kev about to get some yambs while his sister missing.

Poppa really trying to bag Maisha :lol: Bringing the big girl breakfast.

Damn just when Ronnie was about to die or at least be in ICU he gets saved :smh:

****** don't knock at all in this *****.

Damn this ***** gonna have me calling him Johnny Gill breaking out in to song like he on Empire.

Miss me with the sudden appearance of creepy white dude.

I know that this show has had to change show runners, main characters, storylines but goddamn son the amount of plot holes so far after episode 2 is making me question Lena waithe’s credibility as a producer.

- Whatever happened to the OG’s from S1? We saw Johnny Gill’s girl mug one of them for the briefcase in S3E1 but their storyline just got completely written off for no reason.

- We know the off camera reasons why Brandon and Reg got killed off, but will S3 just have 0 explanation as to why they’re gone?

- The cop element from S1 and S2 was a good plot line. Some were corrupt and tied to the 63rd street mobb but the two male and female cops were developing as characters after S2. Especially the black woman, who had personal ties to the 63rd st mobb cause her son was locked up and tied to a rival gang. Brandon’s character being killed off just puts a complete end to that story?

- I thought Tiff was pregnant at the end of S2? Which made Emmitt start taking care of EJ and he moved into that basement. Now in E1 and E2 they’re both in some decent apartment, living together while Tiff is smoking weed? Whatever happened to the future baby?

I mistakenly kept referring to this as season two, but I’ve never seen a show just eliminate multiple core characters in it’s infancy like this.

Was definitely a filler episode.

That random guy at the vigil was trash especially if it leads to any real information.

They let us know pretty much everybody that’s going to be in a relationship during this episode.

i find it funny that Kevs sister is dating a dude that pretty much lives in a ***** house.

Speaking of Kev, that girl blew is mind. She called him a king and he went straight home to jack off to her profile picture lmao.
Glad we finally see what’s going on with Ronnies mother. Glad i haven’t had to experience no stuff like that with my family.

Jada, Tracy and Tiff all lookin thick as hell.

I know the intended purpose was to show that ****-shaming is wrong but Keisha was a super bird. Didnt think she would be out there like that.

Now trig and imani gonna save all the girls in a brothel 😑

I knew the whole ronnie getting saved and baptized thing was coming, wish it was just all in 1 episode. Definitely dont need Ronnie out there preaching to the youth.

if you watched a preview for episode 3 you probably can get a way without watching the episode:ohwell: and won’t miss anything.

Papa in his bag

Ronnie getting jumped then cook by his grandmother :rofl::pimp: :pimp:

Kev finding that revolutionary love

Some good acting this episode

This show is completely all over the place now. It’s a mess. It feels like a Family Guy episode centered around drama instead of comedy. Random **** just happens then they move to the next scene where more random **** happens.

This show has so many plot holes man.

Emmett and his BM just homeless out the blue. Guess the mid not moving.

Luke James barking on Jake like he tired of him already and just last week he was stressed out, down to do whatever to get custody of him.

Papa’s OG getting cats up off Ronnie with just a broom :lol:

Ronnies guardian angels be working OT, my guy be at rock bottom and it’s always someone coming to save him.

Tonight's episode was the best, but it wasn't amazing by any means.
Here are some of my favorite spots:

-Good to see dime piece Tracy, Sonny & Miss Ethel back. Some familiar faces will build the lack of cohesion from the missing pieces. :pimp:
-How Emmitt & his BM homeless all of sudden? Are we ever going to find out where her baby from S2 is too? :rofl:
- Jake with the "He is my family" line. :pimp:
-Trig w/ the energy when he entered that spot. :pimp:
-Emmitt with the "They aint about to do a Yelp review" line. :lol:
-Dre's contributions were good this episode & that dialogue Keisha's mama in the house after Jada gave them the IG was great to me.
- Hey ihust1e ihust1e how Ronnie like your boy JR Smith with them Superman eyes when he seen the white bald dude who came outta nowhere. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

tenor.gif

PO

Man, I really don't see how Keisha is alive.

We talked about it before, but like I said in one of my earlier posts, I don't think she's dead, her & Emmitt are central pieces this season & this event will ignite Ronnie's character to make that shift that Lena has probably been building the first 2 seasons for us to see. Whether it's good or bad, his arc is gonna pivot.

His last line when his grandma was cooking him, about him being a hero, I feel supports that somewhat.

PO

Back
Top Bottom