The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

Jada, Tracy and Tiff all lookin thick as hell.

I know the intended purpose was to show that ****-shaming is wrong but Keisha was a super bird. Didnt think she would be out there like that.
I think Tracey was putting both of them to shame but Jada def a close 2nd.

And agreed, I thought we were looking at these IG thots page for a second. Still surprised she 28 irl tho.

I'm not sure why Tiff couldn't just have a regular job? Why lena make her character a drug dealer? lol

And then, Emmitt's mom doesn't address that? lol

Tonight's episode was the best, but it wasn't amazing by any means.
Here are some of my favorite spots:

-Good to see dime piece Tracy, Sonny & Miss Ethel back. Some familiar faces will build the lack of cohesion from the missing pieces. :pimp:
-How Emmitt & his BM homeless all of sudden? Are we ever going to find out where her baby from S2 is too? :rofl:
- Jake with the "He is my family" line. :pimp:
-Trig w/ the energy when he entered that spot. :pimp:
-Emmitt with the "They aint about to do a Yelp review" line. :lol:
-Dre's contributions were good this episode & that dialogue Keisha's mama in the house after Jada gave them the IG was great to me.
- Hey ihust1e ihust1e how Ronnie like your boy JR Smith with them Superman eyes when he seen the white bald dude who came outta nowhere. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

tenor.gif

PO

you heard what he said to Ms Ethel. He gonna be a hero!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Also, it seems like Brandon's death has stunted Emmitt's character development. Would've been cool to see him carry out Brandon's legacy this season by learning how to cook/running the food truck. Which, I guess was sold by Brandon's mom? Lol.

But Emmitt still gonna Emmitt, always trying to always scheme. Now he's probably gonna be trying to get in Lala's guts come episode 5.

Trig supposed be a combination of Mister Cee and Omar? They gotta relaaax.

Emmett's moms damn. His BM and Moms both got their backs blown out by the same dude smh. Later in the season, "Trig, I need you to do me a favor..."

I'm gonna need one Honey Nut Cheerios reference. For the culture.

Also, it seems like Brandon's death has stunted Emmitt's character development. Would've been cool to see him carry out Brandon's legacy this season by learning how to cook/running the food truck. Which, I guess was sold by Brandon's mom? Lol.

But Emmitt still gonna Emmitt, always trying to always scheme. Now he's probably gonna be trying to get in Lala's guts come episode 5.
Yeah I didn't understand that either. Dude be on his hustle mentality but didn't think to learn how to cook esp while working at Sunny's. Hell get Lala to teach his ***.

We can all tell he gonna get her yambs

I would've lost it had Trig agreed to Imani's crazy emotional whim to go save the sex workers in that house.

Wild crazy and unnecessary war you'd be starting doing that. Let hero Ronnie do that and get killed.

Yeah I didn't understand that either. Dude be on his hustle mentality but didn't think to learn how to cook esp while working at Sunny's. Hell get Lala to teach his ***.

We can all tell he gonna get her yambs
Oh that's simple. It's much easier and freeing as a hustle to get somebody to cook for you than it is to do it yourself.

Brandon probably made it look easy to Emmett but that's cuz he aint see Brandon prepping all day, coming up with new meals, etc.

Emmett just did social media and found good spots to sell for Brandon and then assisted. It takes even more time to cook food as a catering business. He ain't doing that.
We talked about it before, but like I said in one of my earlier posts, I don't think she's dead, her & Emmitt are central pieces this season & this event will ignite Ronnie's character to make that shift that Lena has probably been building the first 2 seasons for us to see. Whether it's good or bad, his arc is gonna pivot.

His last line when his grandma was cooking him, about him being a hero, I feel supports that somewhat.

PO
Man **** Ronnie.

If anything, let him find Keisha alive just so those boys who were chasing and beating him up can kill him before the end of the season. The Ronnie character arc is already trash to me.

Anyway, we see it differently. Keisha isn't a centerpiece this season at all. She was in one episode and Lena didn't build or setup any storylines for her. She had her be a supposed victim by the end of the premiere via a real world horrible occurrence. Keisha being missing is the centerpiece plot wise of this season, not keisha the character.

I get the feeling if Keisha is alive I'm not gonna like where things go for the character going forward and I still have this feeling the actress is off the show.

I wouldn't involve Emmett in any of that. He's doing what he can in regards to that plot on the side. His main focus is his night time restaurant hustle.

Last edited:
Man **** Ronnie.

If anything, let him find Keisha alive just so those boys who were chasing and beating him up can kill him before the end of the season. The Ronnie character arc is ready trash to me.

Anyway, we see it differently. Keisha isn't a centerpiece this season at all. She was in one episode and Lena didn't build or setup any storylines for her. She had her be a supposed victim by the end of the premiere via a real world horrible occurrence. Keisha being missing is the centerpiece plot wise of this season, not keisha the character.

I get the feeling if Keisha is alive I'm not gonna like where things go for the character going forward and I still have this feeling the actress is off the show.

I wouldn't involve Emmett in any of that. He's doing what he can in regards to that plot on the side. His main focus is his night time restaurant hustle.

I feel you. I don't care for Ronnie either. I just want to see what this big reveal or turn will be. Could care less for it though..

And thats what I mean about my Keisha/Emmitt statement.
Almost all of the storylines of this season involve their character in some degree. Kinda like how Brandon was involved with every character in S1-S2.

PO

Saw this soo, unsure of the validity. But supports conversation in this thread:

Also Reg tweeted this the other day:

So maybe the Chi creative team came to some type of settlement with him & might bring him back for end of S3/S4? We shall see.

PO

Also Reg tweeted this the other day:

So maybe the Chi creative team came to some type of settlement with him & might bring him back for end of S3/S4? We shall see.

PO

REG COMING BACK LIKE KANAN :wow::wow::wow::wow:

Oh I see now.

Lena had it in story for Reg to mess with a trans chick, he was like nah **** that, producers stepped in and was like oh if you won't do it you gone, then behind the scenes Lena was like nah Barton I ain't fire you, Barton sues production, and now might return.

It seems something changed production wise, along with the changing showrunner, all the actors quitting, etc.

Seems Lena wasn't completely lying when she said she wasn't completely in control of everything going on. She was writer and exec producer and now she seems way more hands on than from s1.

:rofl: @ if Reg was somewhere rehabbing this entire time.

Trig don't talk like he dead. Neither did Jake but I thought it was cuz of the timeskip.

Oh I see now.

Lena had it in story for Reg to mess with a trans chick, he was like nah **** that, producers stepped in and was like oh if you won't do it you gone, then behind the scenes Lena was like nah Barton I ain't fire you, Barton sues production, and now might return.

It seems something changed production wise, along with the changing showrunner, all the actors quitting, etc.

Seems Lena wasn't completely lying when she said she wasn't completely in control of everything going on. She was writer and exec producer and now she seems way more hands on than from s1.

:rofl: @ if Reg was somewhere rehabbing this entire time.

Trig don't talk like he dead. Neither did Jake but I thought it was cuz of the timeskip.

Only time I seen Jake speak on him was E1 when he poured some out for him.
Thats it. But yeah... All this **** going on in this season wild. :lol:

PO

Only time I seen Jake speak on him was E1 when he poured some out for him.
Thats it. But yeah... All this **** going on in this season wild. :lol:

PO
I forgot that.

Yeah that would point to him bwing dead.

:lol: if he somehow faked his death then.

Douda also spoke about how things went down like Reg was dead so he went to his mom to get custody but Reg could've been in a situation where he was unfit to continue being Jake's guardian.

Back
Top Bottom