The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

Ronnie finding the spare crowbar in the garbage can outside, only to kick the door in with his feet...Was the crowbar like a special weapon you find in a video game?
It was already in dudes backyard so I dont know what was up with the crowbar being there but Ronnie used the crowbar for all the locks on the second door after he kicked in the first.

Then of course they used the crowbar to beat the **** out of Omari just like a video game.
I saw someone mention it a scan in the last page or so, but why weren't there any police at all when they took Keisha away in the ambulance, or why wasn't a police officer talking to Keisha? No evidence of Omari being arrested, taken away etc...
There were no cops shown and that was on purpose for some reason.

But she definitely did talk to cops based off dialogue. When Kevin showed up they still hadn't seen Keisha and Nina or Dre said she was still answering questions. Might as well assume cops were also answering her questions not just doctors.

Master Zik Master Zik I guess when they said no cops this season, they meant it. Idk, it feels empty because it was such a big part of the season and they had vigils and whatnot, just seems like an illogical downplaying of police not getting involved, I'll just put on my Courtney Kempvision and look past that detail lol

I guess from now on when I see shows going down this road and slowly deteriorating I'll just reserve comment until the entire season plays out

And forreal, I half expected Lala to mention some **** about Cash this episode :lol:

*I found it incredibly disrespectful and a huge display of ignorance for Lena to compare herself to Shirley Chisholm.

Chisholm stood on the platform that she was "unbought and unbossed." Every time Lena's character's popped up, she's always doing something shady. Simply disgusting.
:smh:

(And her speech was wack.)

----------
Now to the hijinks

-
Tiff in general
da5298fcc4f82d06d3337ee0ef87b8db.gif

-Poppa's daddy basically told him church is a business, it's not a charity. :lol:

-I'm holding out Douda's going to show Ghost how it's supposed to be done, and whup Jake's ***.

-I said it a couple days ago, Dre was like "It's been two months...it's time to drop them drawers!"

-All of her stuff fit in an overnight bag, which is odd...

-That farewell/September scene felt so forced. I think it was supposed to come across as emotional, but those dudes were acting like they wanting to burn rubber outta there. (Watch homie in the driver's seat :rofl:)

-Ronnie's fragile as ****. All the pedo did was push him to the ground and kick him once. That's it, and ole boy looked like R. Kelly at the end of the Down Low video.

-I'm am tired of the background Jazz music. It's over the top at this point.

Master Zik Master Zik I guess when they said no cops this season, they meant it. Idk, it feels empty because it was such a big part of the season and they had vigils and whatnot, just seems like an illogical downplaying of police not getting involved, I'll just put on my Courtney Kempvision and look past that detail lol

I guess from now on when I see shows going down this road and slowly deteriorating I'll just reserve comment until the entire season plays out

And forreal, I half expected Lala to mention some **** about Cash this episode :lol:
I dont get the exact reasoning for why there are no cops and it doesnt really make sense to me. This was a specific decision by Lena and whoever else running the show.

Keep in mind most of the show had to been filmed before any lock down or police out here murdering black ppl. So I dont get why they went this way. It'd only make sense if there was little to no criminal activity at all this season but nope writers out here defying logic.

Show is a mess, so Sonny just gonna be out of a business like that?

They mayor story is pointless, not even sure
What is left final 3 episodes but ill watch

Texting with my home girl and she brought up Sonny getting the settlement last season and was talking about opening up another spot and now he can’t pay rent? More plot holes lol
This is a good point and add it to the list of plot holes.

I dunno what to do with that.

These writers operated like they had a mini 2.5 season where they showed Reg died, Tiff lost the baby, Nina broke up with sexy mail lady and got with Dre, the detectives botched their investigations and got reassigned, showed how Brandon died and what he did to cross Douda or how his enemies killed Brandon to get at Douda, how Sonny done spent all that settlement money on something and now came on hard times, Miss Ethel ending up in in the old folks home, etc.

Last edited:
At this point I think Lena is actually trying to get the show canned. None of the arcs are interesting anymore. What should happen is: Emmett makes enough money off the food business to open a sneaker consignment shop and flex on everybody, Jake starts full time banging 63rd and Kev and Poppa try to save him from the streets, a sniper pops Trigg and he goes away forever and Ronnie joins the force and becomes a detective since he has super detective powers. Oh and bring Jerrika back. The show needs that educated sophisticated black woman, Chicago has plenty of them.

At this point I think Lena is actually trying to get the show canned. None of the arcs are interesting anymore. What should happen is: Emmett makes enough money off the food business to open a sneaker consignment shop and flex on everybody, Jake starts full time banging 63rd and Kev and Poppa try to save him from the streets, a sniper pops Trigg and he goes away forever and Ronnie joins the force and becomes a detective since he has super detective powers. Oh and bring Jerrika back. The show needs that educated sophisticated black woman, Chicago has plenty of them.
:rofl:

Jerrika aint coming back for sure. The way she tells it she was sexually assaulted, reported it to the show and they covered for Mitchell. Wouldn't be surprised if some money and a nda were involved with her leaving the show.

Better off introducing a few new black women of that stature.

Last edited:
Reactions: ace
:rofl:

Jerrika aint coming back for sure. The way she tells it she was sexually assaulted, reported it to the show and they covered for Mitchell. Wouldn't be surprised if some money and a nda were involved with her leaving the show.

Better off introducing a few new black women of that stature.
Guessing we gotta wait for season 4 because only ones we've gotten were Lala and Kandi and none of them had that uppity boujieness that Jerrika has/had.

Guessing we gotta wait for season 4 because only ones we've gotten were Lala and Kandi and none of them had that uppity boujieness that Jerrika has/had.
Of all the obvious things they did do this season they didn't want to be obvious and have somebody new clearly show up to replace Brandon or Jerrika or even Reg if we being honest.

Trig is some want to be a good brother/sort of gangsta with a trans partner.

Wait they said no cops this season? Wasn't there cops when they found the missing body at the lake a few episodes back?

It's got to the point where I don't even care to read any of the threads about this show.
That sex scene between Emmitt & Lala was flat out terrible. Yall couldn't get her to show just a little bit of skin?

The way Keisha managed to get away from her kidnapper was a huge let down. Funny how she escaped and did the same damn thing she did during last escape.

That speech by Lena was wack as hell. I had a feeling she was going to go that route though.

Great Value Bishop TD Jakes out here giving out money to a family without doing his homework on them. Then him and his lil fat son both just left the house like it was nothing.

Funny how Kev was super mad at shorty until she was ready to give him some booty.

Of all the obvious things they did do this season they didn't want to be obvious and have somebody new clearly show up to replace Brandon or Jerrika or even Reg if we being honest.

Trig is some want to be a good brother/sort of gangsta with a trans partner.
I was thinking Emmett was gonna take over Brandon's role but nah he still in that supporting character spotlight like the last 2 seasons (I think he actually had more screen time last season tbh).

Wait they said no cops this season? Wasn't there cops when they found the missing body at the lake a few episodes back?
Even though it was already said how unrealistic it was that no cops were around when Kiesha was found, it would've been even worse if a body was found with nothing but the coroner there

It's got to the point where I don't even care to read any of the threads about this show.

The threads have surpassed the show. I need this thread to keep me engaged. If I had to watch this with no avenue to partake in discussions about the ****ery, I couldn’t do it :lol:

I'm not one of those they're trying to push an agenda there's gay people on the show types. I understand the creators gay so of course they gonna put gay people in the show but are they purposely making all of them unlikable?

This girl running for mayor keep going into monologues. Nobody talks like that in real life. Real foul what she said to Douda about his wife. They really walk a different a line. A man could not say that to another man without repercussions.

Dre been around a half a season and asking that lady to pack up her daughter stuff so she can turn her room into a man cave was wild too.

Lena's show monologues are about her and the **** she dealt with since the last season.

That sex scene was the biggest pile of trash ever. So forced.

Papa simping for his boy's big leftovers. They ruined his character with that.

Ronnie the long lost drunk Avenger. This show feels like it's jumping the shark.

Lena's show monologues are about her and the **** she dealt with since the last season.

That sex scene was the biggest pile of trash ever. So forced.

Papa simping for his boy's big leftovers. They ruined his character with that.

Ronnie the long lost drunk Avenger. This show feels like it's jumping the shark.
Dude it jumped the shark first episode of season 3 😂

Back
Top Bottom