The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

Most of that is continuing in to next season anyway man :lol:

Kev and rich girl (they'll probably makeup before season end tho), Jake/Trig and Douda, Trig aint getting custody of Jake unless Douda is completely exposed in two rushed eps, etc.

Emmett might fess up he might not. He gonna cheat against next season anyway. I feel the whole Sonny thing carrying in to next season unless Sonny dies.

Main thing they'll address is the election, Nina and Dre, Papa and Maisha, Trig, and that's mostly it.

Some other stuff doesn't matter as much like Tomas and Jada.

Whole season hasnt been that good so lets not pretend we're invested in any of the newly created subplots

While I concur that we will see most of those storylines bleed into next season, I don’t think two episodes is sufficient enough to button them up and/or even advance them to a reasonable cliffhanger.

I think I’m annoyed because the show has a history of just hand waving storylines and it’s frustrating to watch real time and think “Damn, they could have addressed one of these nine other things but instead spent time on this singular, non-plot moving storyline.”

Another thing is the trans-gf...so we’re really gonna have all this LGBTQIA+ stuff and you’re dropping the character after like six episodes (I think that’s the last time we saw her).

I am aware this show isn’t the best and I don’t have the highest expectations but I’m just calling out trash writing and plot management when I see it :lol:

Kev still ready to run Ronnie's fade lol.

Jada and Emmet calming things down, I guess its easier when it doesnt involve you personally. Jada becoming one of the best characters on this show.

Papa a whole idiot for that.

This episode was cool to me.

Got a chance to check out tonight's episode early again & don't know what y'all thought yet but here are my quick thoughts of easily the BEST episode of this lackluster season:

-Kevin been praying/hoping for Keisha to come back all season & first scene he already trying to dip out the house. :lol:
-"****** invented planes?" :wow: "Yall think Chinese food is called regular food in China?":nerd:
"Kev would ask that even if he wasn't high" :lol:
-Just when you thought Keisha was going to make that breakthrough after eating Emmitt's food, that **** blew up soon as Poppa opened his mouth. :smh: Jake with the "That is kinda whatchu said bro":rofl:
-Kevin acting wild. I would have got my *** beat talking like that. What happened to Mr. "Don't call me the N word" :lol:
-I really enjoyed the detail they gave in the episode and how feelings/issues were portrayed across all the core characters in the aftermath of Keisha & the community itself. I felt they encompassed the varied emotions well & even builded on character relationships through Keisha & her friend's scene, Dre & Nina's dynamic &. Keisha & Emmit.
-Nina & Jada revealing their past/similar experiences as Keisha were powerful scenes to me & I even enjoyed Ronnie "Iyanla Fix My Life" Davis's scene as well. No hate on him today from me! ihust1e ihust1e :rofl:

-Another thing i enjoyed was they how showed how hard it is for POC to actually go to the therapist. We be delaying/skipping that **** when we need to go or it could help the situation a lot. :smh::frown:

Interested to see how they wrap this season up with 2 episodes left given all the storylines.

PO

I can’t say how common all that is but have to look at it as everyone handles things differently. He beat and raped her for 2+ months and thought she would die there so it’s understandable to be withdrawn from everyone and life. We also don’t know how much time passed from when she escaped to coming home so that’s another thing.

Emmett being that safe place for her was a nice touch. He kept things real with her and let know what’s up. I definitely got that feeling that he could still hit but even when her pops passed and she wanted some pipe he ain’t give it to her. He know his boundaries when it comes to her.

Facts.

PO

Watched ep 8 a little while ago....

This episode seemed really forced to me.

- How come Keisha wasn't advised counseling? Just being released home with no psychiatric evaluation from that situation seemed odd to me

-The house was like a rec center this episode, they tried to shoehorn so many different relationships/ties, what made it even worse is that they all took place in the apartment at the same time....stupid

-Kev and the boys smoking, no interruptions, no one smelling it from outside....makes no sense

-Keisha kicking her friend out before she corn rowed her hair, then a scene later she got cornrows

-Nina snapping back to the strong mom this episode, then Nina admitting to Dre that she wa molested, yet she doesn't even try to break that to Keisha for them to have a conversation that could bring them closer. Emmett's mom having that convo with her was important, but it would have been even more important had it come from her own mother

-Keisha burning all her **** in the tub, and her mom didn't spaz on her, she was buggin for that

-Late in the episode we find out Keisha killed Omar, yet still, no type of trauma counseling offered to her after that ordeal?

-How Ronnie find out where they lived? You know homie was looking for that free heat

Definitely felt forced in order to wrap up this season as neatly as possible, I didn't even like the dialogue, but that's just me.

Interested to see how they wrap this season up with 2 episodes left given all the storylines.
Definitely felt forced in order to wrap up this season as neatly as possible,

This is my gripe. Yes, it was the best episode of the season because it didn’t have a bunch of unrealistic shenanigans, poor transitions or unnecessary transgender scenes but based on the previous 7 episodes and knowing there are only 2 more, I was disappointed. It could, and should, have been broken up. Feels like they said “Aight, let’s just grind out Keisha’s reintegration to the real world in a single episode y’all”. I could see it not being a major factor again this season :lol:

As a few of y’all mentioned too - so Ronnie was strolling around in just a lil blazer and Emmett was having an outdoor BBQ During the blackout but when Keisha’s going to get therapy they are all bundled up and we can see their breath outside? I can’t tell if that is just poor filming/editing/writing or an indication of an intentional time jump.

They do it poorly but I assume more months passed inbetween time.

It was snow everywhere when Keisha went outside at the end. So this ep had to take place many months after that blackout.

- I do think they could've addressed other plot lines, but I understand LW wanting to address the Keisha arch in a full episode.

- How the **** did Keisha call Ronnie? He doesn't have a phone, THIS ***** IS HOMELESS.

- Trash fire lmao. Everything would've blown up in Keisha's face with all the lighter fluid/alcohol she laid down

- Papa's character was mad annoying this episode. How were they all smoking without getting caught?

- Kev's actions are completely warranted tbh. Him snapping on everyone is pretty realistic behavior on a very unrealistic show.

- It only took us 3 1/2 seasons to get a climate change.. in Chicago.

- Decent episode, I'm just ready for the remaining shenanigans

Catching up

- Man Lena getting real blatant with these agendas. That "black men turn their back on black women" speech was corny. And she gotta stay behind the camera.

- Kevin girl don't even know what time her father come home. :lol:

- Ronnie just Mr Magoo'ed his way to finding Keisha. Man that whole thing was silly.

Nah cancel this show immediately. This dinner scene is pure comedy, the boy Kevin is wilding. When she was like so you think it’s my fault and he said I ain’t say that and Jake was like nah you kinda did say that **** I just burst out 😂😂😂😂😂. Like what type of transition going on with these scenes.

They do it poorly but I assume more months passed inbetween time.

It was snow everywhere when Keisha went outside at the end. So this ep had to take place many months after that blackout.

It would make sense that hella time passed but bro...this show is on its Power Universe grind. If months had passed, as the weather from Episode 7 to 8 would indicate, then Emmett would have been further along with Sonnys 2.0 elaborated on that and he wouldn’t be this stressed about smashing Dom. Kev would have also had resolution with Gemma because they see each other day in school. To top it off, if Ronnies business was complete or whatever, he would’ve been skipped town or made his next move.

Seasons have changed but I can’t say it jives with the way the storyline is playing.

Above clip Is actually from episode 9

Not bad. Nothing serious to gripe about with this episode...

*Glad to see y'all turning on Poppa now. His schtick had worn down on me early in the season. (Not the actor's fault btw)

*Jada

you know they gonna go full shennighans mode next 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh you know it!

It's gonna be a buffoonery overload that barely clocks in at 40 minutes.

"Can't Wait!" - ©Bart Scott

At this point I think people are just hating to hate. Nothing the show does now will please anyone. I mean they had to scramble after arguably the biggest character got canned, what do you expect. You can literally go back and watch any of the so called best series in history and dissect things from it. It’s all subjective anyway.

At this point I think people are just hating to hate. Nothing the show does now will please anyone. I mean they had to scramble after arguably the biggest character got canned, what do you expect. You can literally go back and watch any of the so called best series in history and dissect things from it. It’s all subjective anyway.

Lena is that you?

It would make sense that hella time passed but bro...this show is on its Power Universe grind. If months had passed, as the weather from Episode 7 to 8 would indicate, then Emmett would have been further along with Sonnys 2.0 elaborated on that and he wouldn’t be this stressed about smashing Dom. Kev would have also had resolution with Gemma because they see each other day in school. To top it off, if Ronnies business was complete or whatever, he would’ve been skipped town or made his next move.

Seasons have changed but I can’t say it jives with the way the storyline is playing.

Above clip Is actually from episode 9

I also feel like a ton of time passes within an ep.

Emmett aint the most accurate, on time, punctual kind of *****. He's stressing cuz he still aint tell Tiff anything. Also keep in mind Rel said he'd give Emmett a chance for a few months down the line. I can see Sonny telling him you cant do **** until he's officially up out of there too.

The way Kevin behaves with his *****assness he can ignore that chick or not have a clear the air talk with her for a week. They not on best turns but no on the worst since there last encounter was her about to let him smash.

Like unsaid the show isn't good at it but with majority of shows from ep to ep most things dont happen moment after moment.

You cant judge anything by that lazy bum *** piece of **** Ronnie.

Yeah no complaints from me. Enjoyed the episode. Didn’t like the poppa scene. But he was high :lol:

Don’t know what some of y’all show runners be expecting at this point :lol:

Of course, every show has flaws, but this is a legit terrible season.

There is no reason to be dancing at the chicken spot during a power outage. Or for Ronnie to be two-stepping in the street.

They could have followed up with the cop's storyline with them going after Douda or something like that, but now hes somehow running for mayor? Also, Wasn't the white officer a main character from the first few scenes of the show anddddd they just write him off?

Introducing new characters that serve no purpose like Jada's new dude... you know that storyline isn't going anywhere lol. Or Ronnie's drinking crew that just rolled out.

They need to just make a spin-off with Emmit's Pops and have NT write it I guarantee it would be FLAMES

Back
Top Bottom