The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

They're basically doing a soft reboot on part of the script. Douda back running the streets as the real boss this time and using restaurants as a front/place to wash money. Emmett is gonna be the new Brandon when Douda makes a proposal to partner up or buy Smokey's and add new locations.

Emmett goofy &#$ gonna sell his soul to Douda so he can buy that painting
Exactly. To put it where? In that studio they got?

1962 or 2022 people under 18 can't open bank accounts without an adult. In 2017 about 14 million people in America didn't have checking or savings accounts.

Even if he did have a savings account depositing thousands would have been flagged immediately.

This isn't Jake not having a savings account, this is Kevin. A kid who's on the path to college.

Kids today need savings/checkings accounts for their own stuff, since cash isn't the preferred currency.

He wouldn't have just been sitting around with wads of cash. He would have it in a crypto card and a bank. eSports is a thing, it's not dog fighting.

This isn't Jake not having a savings account, this is Kevin. A kid who's on the path to college.

Kids today need savings/checkings accounts for their own stuff, since cash isn't the preferred currency.

He wouldn't have just been sitting around with wads of cash. He would have it in a crypto card and a bank. eSports is a thing, it's not dog fighting.

We're talking about Kevin not Jemma. Nothing about Kevin's story or family would suggest they have anything set up for him or his future. Being on the "path to college" has nothing to do with financial and family situations.

eSports is a thing but that clearly isn't what he's participating in otherwise it wouldn't be a secret/underground. There's no streaming deals or sponsors...it's basically an illegal gambling operation that lets minors participate

Poppa podcast gets the most disrespect on the show. It was like 2 minutes and 45 seconds

I forgot to mention this :rofl: They talked for 1:30 and Poppa gave his outro.

In theory Kev would have to have a bank account In order to have successfully hid all of those purchases. I would like to think bro wasn’t just cashing out a magnificent mile and just walking through the crib with Saks bags unnoticed.

Exactly. To put it where? In that studio they got?

Happy Wife. Happy Life...

We're talking about Kevin not Jemma. Nothing about Kevin's story or family would suggest they have anything set up for him or his future. Being on the "path to college" has nothing to do with financial and family situations.

eSports is a thing but that clearly isn't what he's participating in otherwise it wouldn't be a secret/underground. There's no streaming deals or sponsors...it's basically an illegal gambling operation that lets minors participate

Kevin was at school with all those rich white kids. Double Mom's leveled up and moved the family into an actual home. There's no reason NOT to expect they would set up a basic savings account for Kevin especially considering how he started working at young age busting down tables for Douda at the pizza shop.

It's just more bad and inconsistent writing on the show.. They wanted to be modern and hip with the eSports, but are making it overly dramatic. When it's really a boring storyline that nobody cares about. Kevin is going to be be emancipated, while his "sister" who has no family stays with his? It's like yo, make this make sense. At least they could have continued him on the path of being a kid getting in trouble and doing drugs, but it's like they forgot all about what happen just last year.

Is Jason Weaver still on here? The way they had initially introduced him was like when the Simpsons had Poochie on the Itchy & Scratchy Show

So now Bakari and Jake are going to be friends...awwwwwww

Jemma needs a job for what? and of course it's Smokey's, because that's the only place in Chicago.

Why is Iman going to teacher meetings? and now he's related to Q?

She took some childhood education classes? Didn't she just get in college? She's going to be a teachers aid? But she has four kids and school.

Dudes keep photos of dead bodies on their phone :rofl:

Did the writers forget this dude used to be the mayor? And we're just going to repeat the same Brandon storyline?

Old face broad asked Jason Weaver to move in like we didn't see her go psycho and he didn't smash Trig's beard?

Bakari pulls a gun on him, and he pulls up beside him and they have a conversation like everything is cool.

Doesn't Douda have a whole *** gang

Last edited:
They pawning of Brandon's storyline on to Emmett is complete.

I cant imagine the ******* they originally had in store for Emmett. Probably would've still been at the sex club in a poly relationship getting ****ed.

Bakari was just on the right path. Now he's Gen Z Douda.

How did Darnell get all this money? Dude could have invested some in Smokey's since he had money he was willing to blow on a 200 person wedding and donation to a community center.

yeah they just had Bakari last ep talking about like he wanted to start picking up the pen and hes back to the pistol this ep

This show is terrible.

So Nuk’s mans are 10 feet away and don’t see a lil ***** got a 9 to his dome?

Trig St. Patrick came forward with the truth like we been knowing would happen since episode 2 and faced zero ramifications.

Jake could’ve at least gave bruh a ride couple blocks away, how you let bro just stroll through opp block like he ain’t save your life lmao.

Poppa must be assistant GM at Smokey’s.

Tracy such a bird brain, her and Douda need to be completely X’d out the show.

In hindsight, the cop storylines from 1/2 were underrated, you would think after Brandon’s disappearance there would’ve been a heightened police presence towards Douda but nah mfs said let’s get Keisha kidnapped.

Only solid bit of writing is that by Jake not disclosing the encounter with Nuk he opened the door for Douda to recruit Bakari.

Sidenote, when Bakari walked into Smokey’s looking like slim from 112 was he wearing two of the same exact button up lmao.

I guess we have closed the book on seeing LaLa again 🤷🏾‍♂️

They need to make Bakari a fusion of Michael Lee & Tariq St. Patrick - all the other boys have grown soft as terrycloth.

Unless they gone give us a nude scene with Tracy I don’t need to see her again on any level, IDGAF about her arc anymore. Douda kept it 100 and told her F yo BD cause yo son ain’t here no more and it was 100% accurate.

Jada too dumb to realize Darnell ain’t take care of his son for 20+ years, that’s why he got that long stack of hidden paper. Should’ve been buying Emmett a crib for his three grandchildren to atone.

I think Shaad got Trig’s beard pregnant.

This a dumbass show but I done watched it this far so I’ll be back complaining about it next summer.

It is not Darnell's job to buy Emmitt a house because Emmitt doesn't know how to pull out

The best piece of writing this episode was the contrast between Tiff & Keshia needing all that dialogue to make up while Emmitt & Teyana's Husband only needed a simple we good and a dap. Quite the contrast between men and women.

Jabair is comedy. Need a GIF of him walking into Smokey's flee'd up

Papa clearly has seniority at Smokey's, he's been hustling there for a minute now. Of couse he would be sonning Harriet Tubman

Lesbian Mom's tried to hustle Kevin. How'd they go from not believing where his money came from to trying to charge him for more freedom. They were cold trippin.

Still watching but Kevin trying to move out at like 16 :lol:

I'm confused, because Keisha just got to college

and Kevin is almost time to move out, but yet they're adopting the chick who's the same age as Kevin, huh?

and 6 racks, do I have enough for a down payment? Are you trying to buy a house? WTF? Aren't you just renting?

The lack of consistency of this show is amazing, it's like the writers have Alzheimers.

How did Darnell get all this money? Dude could have invested some in Smokey's since he had money he was willing to blow on a 200 person wedding and donation to a community center.

Darnell had the wedding in some random backyard that turned out to be their own? And Emmett and Darnell's 10 kids weren't there?

The best piece of writing this episode was the contrast between Tiff & Keshia needing all that dialogue to make up while Emmitt & Teyana's Husband only needed a simple we good and a dap. Quite the contrast between men and women.

Lesbian Mom's tried to hustle Kevin. How'd they go from not believing where his money came from to trying to charge him for more freedom. They were cold trippin.

Teyanna's husband. :rofl: Who killed him. :lol:

She said give me the money since you want to pay someone rent. :rofl:

They told bro kick in rent money and we’ll give you a “little” more freedom :rofl:

Also, whoever lining bro up needs to be fired immediately.

Emmit was hating not too long ago. The most unrealistic part of the situation is Iman being too chill with all the nonsense.

I'm pretty sure Shaad didn't smash Tierra they only kissed

Back
Top Bottom