The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

Yeah, I noticed it was becoming a relationship show. They don't know how to write characters outside of a relationship. I bet it's a room full of women and wannabe women in the writers room. It's funny, because they think they're being progressive but it's really the exact opposite.

They even brought back Kev's mom and her chick just to show them for a pointless Valentine's Day scene. This show is so lazy. Are we going to get a Memorial Day or July 4th episode next?

The Jason Weaver and Trig's beard storyline out of nowhere doesn't even make sense.

It doesn't even matter that the old face broad must have supersonic hearing to hear them all the way down in the basement.

Valentine's day in Chicago and nobody needs a winter coat outside, leaves on the trees? I think Valentine's day is in June in Chicago

I think only Kev had a Nike bubble on at one point. I noticed it, because I thought it was Northtface at first. That threw me off when they were walking in the stores buying the cards, because it's cold as **** still in February.

That's why I said this show is only Chicago because of the name. They never even talk about the weather. They finally showed some scenery other than Smokey's.

This show is really about nothing at this point.

Something about airing a Valentine’s Day centric episode in the midst of summer just seems odd. Would’ve been one thing if it was just in the background but the whole episode was based off it.

Thanks to Lena/Trig St. Patrick and his women selection I gotta double take cause all these woman looking off now. His fake gf had me squinting hella hard this episode, something ain’t look right.

Shaad is an idiot and his girl looks a lil manly.

Feels like they just forgot to film the Bakari apology scene.

"I dont need a day to show my love" or some variation of this line was used in at least 3 different scenes I feel like.

Bakari should be mayor of the city because this dude can really do whatever he wants got a place to stay and about to get a girl by just saying sorry. He will probably take Poppa's Podcast too.

Tracy and Douda left town for Valentine's day?

The writers have no idea what to do with Kevin and space girl.

It doesn't even matter that the old face broad must have supersonic hearing to hear them all the way down in the basement.
That was the craziest part to me :rofl: Trig's mild reaction I got but when he went in the basement and she's packing her **** angry I'm like what happ-HOW SWAY?

Don't matter they just forcing this triangle drama.

"I dont need a day to show my love" or some variation of this line was used in at least 3 different scenes I feel like.

Bakari should be mayor of the city because this dude can really do whatever he wants got a place to stay and about to get a girl by just saying sorry. He will probably take Poppa's Podcast too.

Tracy and Douda left town for Valentine's day?

The writers have no idea what to do with Kevin and space girl.

Darnell ignoring all the Valentine's Day stuff in the store for KY jelly and then not knowing it's Valentine's Day. The writing :lol:

I was shocked they didn't show Tracy and Douda instead of showing two barely high school kids having candlelight dinner. :smh: and I just realized they have them talking about college like they're in the 11th or 12 grade.

Kevin is so pointless now. I'm just glad we didn't have another episode of him playing video games.

Last edited:
At this point with the way they’re skipping ahead in time I assume they want to make the kids graduate sooner than later and possibly get in some freshmen year college stories.

I can see all 3 of those lames somehow getting in to Northwestern together or UofC :lol:

Or better yet make Jake not get in any school and get left behind trying to find something he’s good at.

Darnell ignoring all the Valentine's Day stuff in the store for KY jelly and then not knowing it's Valentine's Day. The writing :lol:

I was shocked they didn't show Tracy and Douda instead of showing two barely high school kids having candlelight dinner. :smh: and I just realized they have them talking about college like they're in the 11th or 12 grade.

Kevin is so pointless now. I'm just glad we didn't have another episode of him playing video games.

The video game scenes are so awkward. Well most of the scenes with Kevin are kinda strange now.

Shaad is probably the best actor on the show, but they give that man the corniest/cringe lines and situations. I feel bad for him.

I thought they were at least in the 11th grade by now.. I know they aren't seniors

I don't know what they are the way they do time.

They just entered high school and it's no way they look old enough to be juniors or seniors. Knowing The Chi they might just do it for the story.

I don't know what they are the way they do time.

They just entered high school and it's no way they look old enough to be juniors or seniors. Knowing The Chi they might just do it for the story.

Jake has been pushing the g wagon since 7 grade. Pulled up to his basketball tryouts in it lol

This guy couldn't find another envelope that the card would fit in?

They already had the comedy. Why didn't they just have him go to another store. They didn't have to throw in Keisha's comment. It wasn't funny, just weird.

I'm mad everyone wardrobe was either pink and red the entire episode

I don't understand why they had Papa give that goofy secret admirer speech to the Husky Gamer only for Bakari to pop up seconds looking goofier cheesing talking about he's the secret admirer

I don't understand why Iman didn't ask Tiff where her pants were when she walked inside the crib. It's February, why you outside with only a hoodie on.

I don't understand why Tiff thought that flea marker lingerie was going to get the job done with those oversized fake crystal pattern

I don't understand why Trig so pressed over that fling. He's definitely going to get in his feelings once he finds out Shad bussed his fake wifey down

I don't understand why Shad's queen was in her feelings. She know she's mid so she let her insecurities bubble to the surface.

I don't understand why they had Papa give that goofy secret admirer speech to the Husky Gamer only for Bakari to pop up seconds looking goofier cheesing talking about he's the secret admirer

I don't understand why Iman didn't ask Tiff where her pants were when she walked inside the crib. It's February, why you outside with only a hoodie on.

:rofl:

That Papa scene made no sense. It totally defeated the purpose of writing a secret admirer note. He was secret for all of two minutes.

and Iman has to be the stupidest dude.

maaaaan at this point i'm just hate-watching the show with some sense of stupid hope that the writing will magically get better. showtime must be desperate for content if they're reupping for a 6th season.

need Your Honor to come back ASAP

They was better off not killing off Ronnie’s depressed ***. Reg ain’t want to date a ****** so Lena got rid of him. We can’t ever have good s***

First season is the ONLY season IMO.

They even got rid of Brandon’s cool weed head cousin

Back
Top Bottom