The College Basketball Post

^ overall hes the best player in the ACC...easy

yea comparing Bari and Wiggins on the O end just isnt fair. Bari is elite on that side of the ball.
I think Wiggins is coming along. (See first 12 minutes of Texas game) But BETTER on offense? Definitely Jabari. And better on defense? Definitely Wiggins.

His defense is definitely appreciated and will carry him , but developing the ability to create your own offense isn't an easy task, especially in the L... Not saying it can't or won't happen, but it's a hard sell.

Conversely you can grow on the defensive end, from a poor to a ok to good defender, that happens.
Ehh, I think it depends on the tools that the player possesses. Jabari doesn't possess the foot speed to guard a lot of 3s that he'll face in the future. Instead, he'll have to become a much smarter defender, knowing tendencies and positioning much better as he won't have the athleticism to make up for that. Drew is an elite perimeter defender, and that will easily translate to the L IMO. Length, foot speed, etc. All there.

In terms of Drew creating his own shot, it's not like he's Wesley Johnson out there. :lol:  I think that aspect is being a little overstated because he's being compared to Jabari, who has as complete of an offensive arsenal as you're going to see for a college wing. If he puts in the work and improves his ballhandling and shooting, then he should be fine. He likely won't ever be as good or natural as Jabari in that respect, but that's fine as well. 

Yes, Wesley shot the ball much better from the perimeter :lol: tbh I haven't seen much that tells me he that further than Wes was offensively coming out of Cuse. Not to mention he was the unquestioned man of that team, so he got all of the defensive attention... much like Randle, Bari, Smart... they are the focal point of the defensive strategy... Drew hasn't had those pressures for a while now, which isn't his fault, he's playing on a team that has its fair share of players who can dominate. But there's something to be said about getting it done when people are keying in on stopping you.

But Drew is young, he has a lot of ball ahead of him, a lot of time to develop so who knows... he may actually be Paul George 2.0.

I'm purely talking about handling the ball with Wesley Johnson. He was an awful ballhandler and couldn't create his own show. He scored a lot in transition and on spot up 3s. Let's not rewrite the narrative there. As the "unquestioned man of that team" he averaged the same PPG as Drew too. Drew gets to the line much more, which to be suggests that he attacks better off the bounce. I wasn't trying to compare them as players though. 

Last edited:
But those guys who grow into being good defenders are usually guys who are good athletes in the first place. I can't really see Jabari ever being a plus defender in the league, he just doesn't have the physical tools.

Look, if Paul Pierce can turn himself into a decent defender than Bari damn sure has hope. And at the very least you know he's gonna crash the boards.

I was light weight perturbed with his defensive effort Saturday night though. He was getting undressed all over the place by Grant and CJ and his weak side help was atrocious.

But those guys who grow into being good defenders are usually guys who are good athletes in the first place. I can't really see Jabari ever being a plus defender in the league, he just doesn't have the physical tools.
Look, if Paul Pierce can turn himself into a decent defender than Bari damn sure has hope. And at the very least you know he's gonna crash the boards.

and when did paul pierce turn himself into a decent defender?

How does he not have the Physical tools? Defense is more of an effort/team scheme thing. Melo never has had to give the effort, or been in a system where they played good defense. Pierce got under Thibs/Doc and had other good defenders around him which helped. Bari will never been some stud on defense, but he can certainly be above average and useful. As long as you're not counting on him as your best defender....he will be fine.

He's a kid, who has never had to play much defense his whole entire life, but more importantly he seems like he is smart. Put him in a good system, with a solid coach and he will learn. To say he doesn't have the "physical" tools makes 0 sense. 

Last edited:
Paul Pierce is definitely a decent defender. He used to make Lebron work back during those Cavs/Celtics duels.

Pierce was always a decent-good defender. But when the Celtics were rebuilding, he didn't put forth the effort because he had to save his energy for offense. But when the Celtics got good again, he was able to put more energy into being a defender.

How does he not have the Physical tools? Defense is more of an effort/team scheme thing. Melo never has had to give the effort, or been in a system where they played good defense. Pierce got under Thibs/Doc and had other good defenders around him which helped. Bari will never been some stud on defense, but he can certainly be above average and useful. As long as you're not counting on him as your best defender....he will be fine.

He's a kid, who has never had to play much defense his whole entire life, but more importantly he seems like he is smart. Put him in a good system, with a solid coach and he will learn. To say he doesn't have the "physical" tools makes 0 sense. 
He has the length to bother defenders, but he lacks lateral quickness. Don't know how someone could say that physical tools don't make a difference. Being in a good defensive scheme could mask help his lack of quickness, but they still exist. 

I still feel like Bari could be in better shape and that would help some of his speed issues

That pregnant woman arms/baby fat stuff is not the deal for a teenage wing NBA prospect

Who's talking about Wes Johnson? Wes was a 22 year old 205 pound power forward, who never got to the free throw line at Syracuse. :lol:

I like Marcus Paige but he isn't better than Tyler forget as a prospect, when it comes to just playing college basketball, Tyler been one of the most valuable PG's freshman or other wise.

Tyler has played better so far but I think (on a college level) we'll see Marcus have a stronger finish to the season.

Myles turner visiting duke march 8....assuming he just wants a free trip lol

These dudes are trolling in real life now? *cue webay.gif*

Welp, guess stepping out of bounds negates this entire charge/block/no call debate :lol:

Any chance texas lands turner? I would think Barnes really needs to land dude...he hasn't gotten anyone good in a minute...has to be on hot seat

I said this about Duke on the Rakeem Christmas block.

Its called home court advantage for a reason.

At home you get calls like that, in the carrier dome no way that's a charge. That's the game, deal with it.

EDIT

Can you win a national championship if CJ fair is your go to scorer?

I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom