The College Basketball Post

What are you saying isn't a "handout"?
actually the "food" was being taken directly out of our scholarship checks.
So while you may be thinking oooo they got free food today out the caf or training center, we really didn't.

THIS is the point I have been trying to make.

It's clear to me that most people who went to college have some sort of pent up jealousy towards college athletes, that they view scholarships and the various benefits that come along with being an athlete as a sort of handout,

you weren't given it for free, you earn it based on your performance on the field of play, that is a transaction not a handout.

Because if Gunna wasn't doing work; work on feild, in the weight room, in training camp, in the film room, in all those benefits would disappear the following year.

So please. PLEASE. Stop calling it a handout. :lol:

Last edited:
Kentucky freshman James Young will forego his sophomore season and enter NBA draft.

via espn

Last edited:
You guys think Duke is preseason #1 over UK if the twins comes back?? That's tough, I'd give the edge to UK

( bias, I know :lol: )

Last edited:
Honestly, I really don't get the "Jabari Parker is not athletic" statements that are made all the time. Dude made some of the most impressive athletic plays I saw this year in college basketball. I guess I understand that he wouldn't be a workout warrior, BUT on the court, he is plenty athletic.

How many 6'8, 240lb dudes are making plays like this out there on the court?

Honestly, I really don't get the "Jabari Parker is not athletic" statements that are made all the time. Dude made some of the most impressive athletic plays I saw this year in college basketball. I guess I understand that he wouldn't be a workout warrior, BUT on the court, he is plenty athletic.

How many 6'8, 240lb dudes are making plays like this out there on the court?

Ball handling/ footwork/ hands =/= athleticism.

He isn't an elite athlete, or an explosive leaper at the NBA level.

I would grade him as a shade above average.

He has premium length and size so that makes up for the lack of elite quickness, or leaping ability.

Paul Perice, Carmelo type athleticism, is average on the next level.

Last edited:
From 2009:

@SportsCenter: Stephen Curry declared for NBA Draft. Doug Gottlieb "He doesnt have the upside of Rubio. Jennings, Flynn, Mills, Teague all more athletic."

roll.gif

For the first time, the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (PIT) is streaming live, which means you’ll be able to watch college basketball’s top seniors go to battle. The tournament is already in its second day, so don’t miss a moment—NBA scouts and GMs certainly won’t. Follow the links below to watch all the games live.

From 2009:

@SportsCenter: Stephen Curry declared for NBA Draft. Doug Gottlieb "He doesnt have the upside of Rubio. Jennings, Flynn, Mills, Teague all more athletic."

:rofl: :rofl:

None of those guys have done much in the league outside of a few assist from Rubio and a 50 point game from Jennings.

Gottlieb was so high on Flynn :smh: .. the David Khan syndrome in full effect :lol:

None of those guys have done much in the league outside of a few assist from Rubio and a 50 point game from Jennings.

Gottlieb was so high on Flynn :smh: .. the David Khan syndrome in full effect :lol:

I was very high on curry, but its a blessing he went to GSW.

plus flynn had career ending hip injury.

and like with most prospects so much depends on where you get picked. Jimmer Fredette a similar type of player to curry went to literally THE WORST situation and his career is not working out.

Last edited:

I was very high on curry, but its a blessing he went to GSW.

plus flynn had career ending hip injury.

and like with most prospects so much depends on where you get picked. Jimmer Fredette a similar type of player to curry went to literally THE WORST situation and his career is not working out.

I wouldn't say it's a blessing he went to GS, plenty of other teams in league he could've went too and we still would've saw similar results.

Flynn was overrated in high school and at Syracuse, regardless of his injury I just never thought his game would transition well in the league.

Same goes for Jimmer, and like you always say there's not much room in the NBA for a 6 foot shooting guard with questionable PG skills. (see Seth Curry)

Still going Zona over Duke as preseason #1 but Duke is right there with Nick Johnson leaving.

Don't know where scoring on the wing comes from for us next year. Who do we go to when we need a basket and Jah is getting doubled? My only concern

From 2009:

Just made me hate that herb more. I semi remember him killing steph leading to the draft

Why would haith leave mizzou for tulsa?

I wouldn't say it's a blessing he went to GS, plenty of other teams in league he could've went too and we still would've saw similar results.

Flynn was overrated in high school and at Syracuse, regardless of his injury I just never thought his game would transition well in the league.

Same goes for Jimmer, and like you always say there's not much room in the NBA for a 6 foot shooting guard with questionable PG skills. (see Seth Curry)

the point i was trying to make is its easy to go back and say well you were wrong about this or that.

we all have miss evals

i would be more critical, but I think you criticize process not results. but Doug Gottlieb is pretty dumb when it comes to the draft, he had Shabazz Napier as a loterry pick after his freshman year.

Steph and Jimmer were very similar, similar flaws at draft time, it would be 20/20 hindsight to make it seem like they were all that different, Curry went to a team coached by Don Nelson who didn't care about his defense at all, meanwhile Sacremnto wouldn't give him consistent playing time because of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom