The College Basketball Post

^^^^ Frountcourt is definitely a huge weekness for us I don't see Skal making any huge improvements,If AP and Lee can just be consistent that will be a huge help..Willis had a great game against Auburn and after Cals "Changes are coming" speech I think he earned himself a starting spot for now at least...I'm getting heated at the Tai situation,dude is physical and even though he's only been practicing with the squad a few weeks,put him in,couldn't hurt much at this point.

I like UNC's chances too, brice johnson and marcus paige last chance to win something in their collegiate careers and they're playing like so. 

I'm not ruling out duke, msu or uk just yet. Duke just needs some motivation, they don't look like they want it. Their schedule isn't getting any easier either, 3 up coming road games with 2 at state and miami. Then the gauntlet of Louisville, UVA, at UNC, at Louisville, Florida State, and finally at Pitt. That's rough. 

Now, if I had to rank the teams I think are most likely to win it, I'd go...

1. UNC

2. KU

3. Oklahoma

4. Michigan State

I said this at the beginning of the season and it still stands. Kansas has no reason to not win it all this year barring injuries of course.

It will take a miracle for UK to do something in tourney time. The light is going to have to come on for multiple players. Skal needs to find a way to contribute. Lee needs to act like an upperclassman and stop with the stupid fouls. Poythress needs get a set of balls. I could see Briscoe getting his confidence back with his shot easier than any of these other things happening.

On the Tai front I really don't see how we can have any expectations from a kid that is a slow plodder who has only played against mainly inferior competition his entire life. I'd say the speed and athleticism of the college game would overwhelm him more than it has Skal.

Maybe one of our underproducing players has a miracle finish to this season and just goes off. LOL

Cal always has kentucky ready tournament time, as bad as they have looked this yr I'd never count them out esp. this year when college bball is so weak.. If I had to pick now, I'd pick UNC but I have a feeling a random team will win this year

Just about anybody that gets in has a shot this year. We're gonna end up with some team from like the Big South or some **** as NCAA Champions :lol:

Cal always has kentucky ready tournament time, as bad as they have looked this yr I'd never count them out esp. this year when college bball is so weak.. If I had to pick now, I'd pick UNC but I have a feeling a random team will win this year
Just about anybody that gets in has a shot this year. We're gonna end up with some team from like the Big South or some **** as NCAA Champions
laugh.gif
Saying that anybody has a chance is just statistically wrong. Even in a weaker year, there's still a formula for winners.

I said this at the beginning of the season and it still stands. Kansas has no reason to not win it all this year barring injuries of course.
What makes you say that? I'd love to believe you, but completely disagree. KU is by no means by far and away the best team in the country and they have somewhat been relying on three-point shooting. What if they have a night where they go 4-19 from 3? What if they face a team in the tourney that goes 11-20 from 3? 

Just seems unfair to me to say "KU has no reason not to win it all" when they are FAR from a complete/dominant team.

The amount of 4 and 5 stars on that team coupled with numerous upperclassmen. Tournament success is usually fueled by the ability to execute under pressure. Players who have been under Self for three and four years should be able to do that by now. We are not talking about players who have been on the bench for a couple of those years. They've gotten tons of playing time over the last couple of years. The experience is in both the frontcourt and backcourt. Kansas has the athletes.

At this point if they aren't a complete or dominant team it is on the coach for them not being there. They have the pieces and they've had the time.

The amount of 4 and 5 stars on that team coupled with numerous upperclassmen. Tournament success is usually fueled by the ability to execute under pressure. Players who have been under Self for three and four years should be able to do that by now. We are not talking about players who have been on the bench for a couple of those years. They've gotten tons of playing time over the last couple of years. The experience is in both the frontcourt and backcourt. Kansas has the athletes.

At this point if they aren't a complete or dominant team it is on the coach for them not being there. They have the pieces and they've had the time.

Using high school rankings as a means to justify tourney success? C'mon brah, you're better than that :smh:

Using high school rankings as a means to justify tourney success? C'mon brah, you're better than that :smh:
Come on. You going to reply after reading the first few words of my post. Give me more credit than that. That was just to show he's not working with a group of scrubs. He's got top players from multiple classes on that team. Only making the point that the ingredients are there to get the job done.

Spot on, feel the same way about UNC as well.

Using high school rankings as a means to justify tourney success? C'mon brah, you're better than that
mean.gif
Come on. You going to reply after reading the first few words of my post. Give me more credit than that. That was just to show he's not working with a group of scrubs. He's got top players from multiple classes on that team. Only making the point that the ingredients are there to get the job done.
Feel like you could say this about a handful of teams in CBB this year.

And, I'm nitpicking, but it also seems a bit strange you say "KU has no reason not to win it all." But then say another team is "1b" ...I mean, only one team can win the whole thing man.
I get you. UNC has quite a bit of talent. Just feel the Kansas core has been together longer. So yeah UNC imo is the second best team in the country, but Kansas should be the favorite to win it all.

Trevon Bluiett nice, boy.

Gotta avenge that ugly 'Nova loss February 24th though. Have a feeling y'all drop one at Providence too.
Not saying Xavier wins but it's not a 30 point game if Sumner isn't taken off the court on a stretcher one minute in. Game in Cincinnati should be different

IDK why I just can't see this Kansas team winning it all. I just remember feeling the same way about the team that got upset by Northern Iowa for some reason, they had a lot of talent and experience but I just never felt like they would win it. Pretty much how I feel about this team.

Not to be a homer but as of right now I like UNC's chances but I could easily see KU, Maryland, OU or Sparty taking the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom