The College Basketball Post

I was thinking the same thing and went to see when he was a freshman and got this 
roll.gif

The way the rules are, it's never ever been easier to defend a non-shooter.

and there's a difference between, I'm not a good shooter like young Lebron, Wiggins., to I'm a ""non-shooter" ie. I won't shoot no matter how far you back off me.

I missed the first couple minutes of the first half? I Jamal Murray hurt? He looks gimpy

Last edited:
I was impressed with A & M today. Jones and House are men out there. Good environment and loud fans...they will be tough to beat at home.

Last edited:
Cal is stuck in the past, he consistently recruits too many players who can't shoot, runs out linups without enough shooters.

He's lucky most college teams are too dumb to exploit it.

Ellis with that FT he needed after that loooooong sub line that was clearly Cal stalling.

There's Ulis... coming at his teammates at the end of regulation.

When he was the PG, on a key possession for the game, and threw it out of bounds :lol: I'm sure everyone loves him

UK still hasn't lost at Rupp and had won 5-of-6 recently, I was more encouraged by this performance.

Last edited:
Cal is stuck in the past, he consistently recruits too many players who can't shoot, runs out linups without enough shooters.

He's lucky most college teams are too dumb to exploit it.

As a fan, I've been saying this for years. We need shooters, these are the type of 4 year guys we need to go after to mix in with 1-2 year players.

Doron Lamb, Kyle Wiltjer, James Young, etc. Too many years in between those guys without recruiting another shooter.

We need Bolden, but I wouldn't mind going after a shooter instead depending on what bigs come back.

As a fan, I've been saying this for years. We need shooters, these are the type of 4 year guys we need to go after to mix in with 1-2 year players.

Doron Lamb, Kyle Wiltjer, James Young, etc. Too many years in between those guys without recruiting another shooter.

We need Bolden, but I wouldn't mind going after a shooter instead depending on what bigs come back.

it's like re recruits one shooter per year and he thinks thats enough, :lol:

Muarray
Booker
Young
Wiltjer
Lamb

no reason hes shouldn't have 4 legit shooters on the court at all times. Coach K has evolved Cal needs to do the same.

Last edited:
it's like re recruits one shooter per year and he thinks thats enough, :lol:

Muarray
Booker
Young
Wiltjer
Lamb

no reason hes shouldn't have 4 legit shooters on the court at all times. Coach K has evolved Cal needs to do the same.

K has always had a lineup of shooters. That is not an evolution, it is his approach.

I'd like to have more shooters on the floor too, but to act like K just started doing this...lol. He's run a perimeter oriented offense for two decades.

Cal's problem is that he only focuses on a couple of shooters each class. This year it was the kid that went to Miss St. If he does not land them then we don't have a shooter. Meeks left before the season started his first year here. Dodson washed out and Henry decided to go to Kansas last minute. Nobody expected Lamb to go when he did. Same with Young and Booker. We didn't have a place for Wiltjer. What more can Cal do to get shooters in here? Sandbag the kids so they stay multiple years and make his job easier?

Cal's approach needs some tweaking but he gets consistent results. Everyone has to man up on defense. We need a rim protector and rebounder. Break your man down on offense and drive to the bucket. He likes that grind. At least a couple of shooters would certainly complement it well.

It was a hard fought game.i expected to lose and we took it to OT So better than I thought It would be .Congrats to Kansas...Maybe see you guys again in March.

Briscoe should've went to St John's , Mullin could teach his a** how to shoot.

Anybody know who the favorites are for Rawle at this point ?

Last edited:
Being guarded by Spangler most of the night, Simmons took 7 shots. That's alarming. Shook my head everytime he passed it up. One time he attacked the tin and he had a reverse jam.

Last edited:
UK FT shooting
laugh.gif

Actually both teams
Yeah, neither team was good from the line. Felt like KU missed a TON during the 2nd half.
Congrats to Kansas you *******
WOHA THERE
It was a hard fought game.i expected to lose and we took it to OT So better than I thought It would be .Congrats to Kansas...Maybe see you guys again in March.
In all seriousness, that was a really fun game to watch. Tyler Ulis is an absolute stud, love watching him play. I think if I was a UK fan, the outside shooting by AP and Hawkins would drive me insane.

Also, the Triangle and 2 by Self was an outstanding move...could tell UK was a bit unsure on how to attack it and settled for a lot of outside shots instead of Ulis getting into the lane, which is what got them a lead in the 1st half.

Selden tonight 
eek.gif
 phenomenal. Best game he's ever had at KU. Could tell Ellis never really got into his rhythm tonight from early foul trouble. Bragg and Diallo gave KU some really good minutes in the 1st half as well.

Props to UK, great game. Good luck in March.

Other CBB notes from today...

+ Just give Buddy POtY, it's not close at this point.

+ Really impressed by TA&M's defense on Iowa State today.

+ Louisville and West Va today 
mean.gif

Cooley said in the FS1 interview with 6:34 left in the 1H that they used the TO to talk about limiting G'Town's threes.

Georgetown's next three-point FG wasn't until 14:40 left in the 2H (11:54 game time later).

Last edited:
Watched UNC tarheels today against BC..Roy almost went full Bob Knight during a timeout with a chair after BC went on a run..Paige is still off worried about that come tourney time

Back
Top Bottom