The College Basketball Post

I could see Grayson staying 4 years, idk why every1 is surprised he stayed it's not like he was a lottery pick or really needs the money. Could go down as 1 of the best ever for duke if he stays

tears of JOY for the love of the game of basketball fellas :smokin

He'll graduate after his junior season

I don't understand this response?

He'll graduate from fake school with a fake degree.

This isn't a comment against Duke fyi, its a comment against "student athlete" concept in general. :lol:

ALL OF THEM are going to fake school.

Gotdamn you salty.

Cmon You guys know I'm not a college basketball fan like that... I don't hate duke, I quite like them, I don't even hate Grayson like everyone seems too, Luke Kennard is one of my favorite underrated young prospects. :lol:

do I think college sports is basically immoral? Yes. but that has nothing to do with Duke.

Last edited:
I don't understand this response?

He'll graduate from fake school with a fake degree.

This isn't a comment against Duke fyi, its a comment against "student athlete" concept in general. :lol:

ALL OF THEM are going to fake school.
Cmon You guys know I'm not a college basketball fan like that... I don't hate duke, I quite like them, I don't even hate Grayson like everyone seems too, Luke Kennard is one of my favorite underrated young prospects. :lol:

do I think college sports is basically immoral? Yes. but that has nothing to do with Duke.
You're taking a generality and acting like its a fact. Just because a guy plays big time basketball doesn't mean he doesn't care about school. Most probably don't but some definitely do.

Mark Turgeon has been selected as an assistant coach for the 2016 U18 team. Will be alongside Shaka Smart and Kevin Ollie. Good news for Maryland recruiting...

You're taking a generality and acting like its a fact. Just because a guy plays big time basketball doesn't mean he doesn't care about school. Most probably don't but some definitely do.

Whether he cares or he doesn't is irrelevant.

The time commitments basketball puts on them

the idea that you can be essentially professional basketball player and have a full college experience at the same time is a fantasy.

its all fake school to me.

Whether he cares or he doesn't is irrelevant.

The time commitments basketball puts on them

the idea that you can be essentially professional basketball player and have a full college experience at the same time is a fantasy.

its all fake school to me.

TBH, it extends beyond just big time sports like basketball. I was friends with baseball players, water polo players and swimmers in college. Was a D-1 school, but not a major program. The time commitments on all of them was crazy - spent way more time at practice, training than in class. Classes were of secondary importance (maybe even third-ary, behind partying).

So, I have to agree with OKB about the kind of college experience that basketball players at blue chip schools have.

Jay Wright would be foolish to take that Suns job.
They were a mess this season, for multiple reasons, but they do have some nice pieces, and could end up with a top 2 pick...I don't think it would be all that foolish at all...

How? I'd take that NBA bread all day. Especially with Devin Booker on the squad and that 1st round pick. Don't forget Bledsoe and Knight too. Could be a potentially fire backcourt

Situation been a mess this season and last. Then you add in the fact they have their money tied up with 2 injury prone PGs and a 35 year old Tyson Chandler. 40 Million a year total between those three players.

Outside of Booker and maybe Len, what nice pieces do they have?

I agree with the fact they may end up with a top 2 pick, other than that things aren't looking as bright as they once were in the desert.

Last edited:
Robert Carter entering the draft. Likely signing an agent. Damn near that whole Maryland starting five is gone. Would be surprised if Melo stays.

They were a mess this season, for multiple reasons, but they do have some nice pieces, and could end up with a top 2 pick...I don't think it would be all that foolish at all...

How? I'd take that NBA bread all day. Especially with Devin Booker on the squad and that 1st round pick. Don't forget Bledsoe and Knight too. Could be a potentially fire backcourt
Situation been a mess this season and last. Then you add in the fact they have their money tied up with 2 injury prone PGs and a 35 year old Tyson Chandler. 40 Million a year total between those three players.

I agree with the fact they may end up with a top 2 pick, other than that things aren't looking as bright as they once were in the desert.
True. Guess he has the option of helping build Nova a dynasty and powerful mid-major or take that NBA bread. I'd take the NBA gig but idk

Robert Carter entering the draft. Likely signing an agent. Damn near that whole Maryland starting five is gone. Would be surprised if Melo stays.
Stinks. Not surprising though. Might as well go make some money somewhere....

Len is good. They need to move one of the guards to try to get a wing. Figure out how to get rid of Chandler's corpse.

Lineup of Bledsoe/Knight-Booker-Some Wing-Simmons-Len would be pretty solid...

my question is why are they starting Len and Tyson together...jesus
Chandler is awful. They are better off pairing Leur or Teletovic with Len than Chandler.

Don't want us to get too off-topic here, not that there is really a ton to discuss...

Back
Top Bottom