The College Basketball Post

Tatum's foot didn't respond well in practice so they're being more cautious. Harry and Bolden are ahead of him in progress is the latest report

They're AHEAD of him now? Jesus that foot must be bad. I was thinking Giles and his people might try to have him sit out the whole damn year if they could.

If I was Giles I woulda sat the whole year ...he gon be a 1st round pick no matter what , guaranteed money regardless

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if they sat Giles the whole year and with what K has said he seems like he wouldn't be surprised either.

Duke can still win the championship without him if Tatum and Bolden return and there is no use in him risking his future for maybe a half/quarter of a year of NCAA basketball.

Of course I would love to see him play and him playing will only ensure that he's a top 3 pick while if he doesn't play I could see guys leapfrogging him.

Last edited:
I'd say top 5 no matter what but not top 3.

Could easily be Fultz/Jackson/Tatum.

Last edited:
Dude also hasn't played competitive ball in 2 years. Pretty sure he's chomping at the bit to at least play some meaningful ball.

I mean, these guys do actually love the game of basketball and actually playing too ya know :lol:

Is Giles gonna hold up ? Think it's now 2 serious knees surgeries he's had now ? Scouts/NBA teams must have some worry about him health wise. Can't wait until duke is at full strength. Lacking depth right now which is hurting them. Once they're firing on all cylinders it's going to be fun to watch

Giles tore everything in one knee (ACL/MCL/PCL) came back, dominated HS and EYBL and then tore only the ACL in the other knee and had a cleanup operation before this season.

Granted an ACL tear isn't as scary as it used to be and he does have age on his side but there's still not really a precedent for a high level prospect having those type of injuries still in the middle of his development and being a top 3 pick.

Last edited:
Yea I wouldn't be surprised if they sat Giles the whole year and with what K has said he seems like he wouldn't be surprised either.

Duke can still win the championship without him if Tatum and Bolden return and there is no use in him risking his future for maybe a half/quarter of a year of NCAA basketball.

Of course I would love to see him play and him playing will only ensure that he's a top 3 pick while if he doesn't play I could see guys leapfrogging him.

10 games of Kyrie and 0 games of Giles.

Le Sigh.

100% understand him not risking tho, if that turns out to be the case.

Duke pays it's players, but not that much.

Last edited:
Giles people might be looking at that Ray Smith situation and how Ray didn't get any money before his career ending.  You have to wonder if Giles will end up looking like Quincy Miller if he does play and drop his stock

I think if Giles plays he gon be good so I'm not worried bout his skills or performance...I wouldn't risk it tho cuz if he does get hurt again it's almost guaranteed he gets stuck with the damaged goods label Before he even gets to the league

Reinjured in practice. Not in a boot, just a setback.

We don't need these guys in non conference. Just get them healthy for conference play and give Grayson time to heal.

We're fine

honestly right now im just excited to get Bolden in there. Jeter is just not the goods right now. 

im starting to think Frank will be gone this year. i thought he would be a 2 or 3 year player. 

Last edited:
Jeter was never the goods. Dude just flat out ******* sucks. :lol:

I'm anxious to see Tatum on the floor, though. Love that kid's game.

yea frank is legit...after seeing his tapes I never really believed the 3 year player...I would be shocked if he came back cause hes been playing really well

yea frank is legit...after seeing his tapes I never really believed the 3 year player...I would be shocked if he came back cause hes been playing really well
i thought so bc the rotation was suppose to be crazy. 

i thought no way hes playing in front of Luke, Grey, and Matt. the mins just wasnt gonna be there for him to ball like he is now. 

dude has forced K's hand. Hes gotta play when the other 3 get back. idk who mins he gonna cut into but hes got to be on the floor. 

on aother note i think DeLaurier is on jeters heels for more mins. 

Back
Top Bottom