The College Basketball Post

Ahhhh **** Congrats to Kansas tvobach tvobach
langfor5 langfor5

Time to get drunk.

Appreciate that, mi bruddah
Ahhhh **** Congrats to Kansas tvobach tvobach
langfor5 langfor5

Time to get drunk.

Appreciate that, mi bruddah. Hell of a game. UK still a dangerous, dangerous team.

I've said it all along that Self does his best coaching when he has a short bench or he feels like his team has its back against the wall. Down 12 in that environment we could have easily folded and got run out of the gym but we kept playing. Finishing the half on that 9 or 10 pt run was huge for us.

Josh Jackson quickly becoming one of my favorite Jayhawks of all time. Love the way that he competes. Coming in to the season I had heard over and over about this kids motor and I thought it was over blown and hype but that is the truth. He doesn't quit. Straight DAWG status.

Last edited:
Congrats, Kansas fans. Your squad earned that win. Smart, veteran basketball. Kudos.

--Self outcoached Cal, period... Inability to take advantage of favorable UK matchups. Looked lost when Self went to zone. Too many stretches where Bam and/or Monk never touched the ball. Weren't able to take advantage of KUs short bench. Etc. Etc.

-- Meanwhile, Kansas went to Jackson/Mason/Graham P'n'Rs again and again, create the mismatch, drive to the hoop and hit the offensive boards. Simple yet effective. Well done Bill Self.

Few more thoughts on this UK squad.

-- IDK why we keep switching everything defensively, hasn't worked and isn't gonna work. Just takes our bigs outta position. Willie Cauley Stein ain't walking thru that door.

-- Shout out to Willis for stepping up. And Malik Monk continues to be Malik Monk.

-- Been playing pretty smart all season, but have looked hella young the last 3-4 games... This team can win it all, or could lose first weekend. IDK. Depends how much they grow up in the next month.

Ahhhh **** Congrats to Kansas @TVobach
@langfor5

Time to get drunk.
Thanks brother. Great game.
--Self outcoached Cal, period... Inability to take advantage of favorable UK matchups. Looked lost when Self went to zone. Too many stretches where Bam and/or Monk never touched the ball. Weren't able to take advantage of KUs short bench. Etc. Etc.
I thought the exact same thing. Cal had no idea what to do against the zone and really struggled to get anything going offensively in the second half. Definitely signs of a young team.

Overall, really happy/surprised KU got this W. Jackson absolutely balled out, loved the "junkyard dog" in him, continuing to attack and attack and attack, not afraid to take the big shot. Frank and Devonte did their thing as well. Game ball should definitely go to Landen Lucas, not the sexiest player in the world but did a great job containing Bam for the most part and staying out of foul trouble (he did foul out, but it was in the final minute).

Self was fantastic, continuing to get open looks for Jackson out of timeouts and going zone.

Going into halftime I thought "Played well for about five minutes, 0-8 from 3, down 5...I'll take it. Law of averages will work itself out and KU will start making shots." ...and it happened.

Great game. Baylor at home next...need another big W there! RCJH.

That kid Jerome from UVA is gonna be a real nice lil player come mid soph year

Last edited:
Yeah and congrats to KU for kickin our as that 2nd half .. dudes had no answer on offense we looked lost

Bruce Brown has to be the best freshman no one talks about...

I don't want to make the comparison cause he's not the same level athlete but there are shades of Westbrook in his game that are impossible to ignore.

Thought Miami would be loaded come next year but I think he might bounce after the season if he keeps this up.

Back
Top Bottom