The College Basketball Post

Green weak
Diallo can't hit the side of a barn
PJ Washington tweak

Like y'all really not a top 5 team

Who's coming back from last year?

Last edited:
Kencutky is really going to have to be great defensively cause offensively it could be a real struggle.

Zero spacing, zero shooters :x

And while that has been an issue before for UK, they've has those guys like Wall/Fox who were so good that it didn't matter. No Fox or Wall type guy this year.

Last edited:
Green weak
Diallo can't hit the side of a barn
PJ Washington tweak

Like y'all really not a top 5 team

Who's coming back from last year?

:smh:

Look, if you're argument is that UK won't be one of the 5 best teams going into next season, I actually agree with you. Super young team will almost certainly be a mess in November and December. Thats par for the course for UK.

But if you're legit looking at UKs roster and saying were not one of the 5 most talented teams from top to bottom... Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :lol:

Kencutky is really going to have to be great defensively cause offensively it could be a real struggle.

Zero spacing, zero shooters :x

And while that has been an issue before for UK, they've has those guys like Wall/Fox who were so good that it didn't matter. No Fox or Wall type guy this year.

Quade was 38% from 3 last season. Knox was 35%. Shai Alexander and Jamarl Baker are capable shooters. Even PJ and Wenyen Gabriel can knock em down when open.

Shootings def not gonna be a strength of this team but to say zero shooters is false.

Quade was 38% from 3 last season. Knox was 35%. Shai Alexander and Jamarl Baker are capable shooters. Even PJ and Wenyen Gabriel can knock em down when open.

Shootings def not gonna be a strength of this team but to say zero shooters is false.

Nah

Last edited:
ThunderCat with his usual off-season hate, nothing new here :lol:

If we're that bad, how good is Duke? :nerd:

I mean you know I usually get down with at least 2 UK players...this year I don't see anybody. Truely don't like this squad. Pg play is about to be weak man.

Quade will be fine and having Diallo back helps alot with the ball handling.

Cal will figure it out. Think we have 1 more scholarship left to use.

As a homer here are my thoughts on UK.

I don't like Quade's jumper, but he has the confidence that he will hit the shots he needs to keep the defense honest.

Thinking that Knox will shoot a high enough percentage from deep to warrant him playing the two is a real crapshoot. Forget about him covering college twos. But he will get his chance with Cal.

Baker can shoot but he hasn't seen college speed and strength yet. Don't expect more than spot minutes from him freshman year.

Diallo is an athlete who most likely does not have the handles to break down a college defender on his own. However if Cal actually runs the DD this year giving Diallo the ball going north/south and only having to dribble in a straight line, then he will get his confidence up. Don't expect him to shoot over 30% from deep. Of course he will have all summer to work just on that. No expectations. If he plays tough defense and runs the floor hard he will be plus.

Early season Vanderbilt, PJ, and Gabriel will all have their opportunity to show who can most consistently hit jumpers from the wings. The ones who fail will be weakside rebounding in the paint and roaming the baseline for oops.

Richards is a man-child who is raw when it comes to basketball, but he is an athlete and has some natural aggression. Just have to hope his lack of basketball instincts don't cause him to hold back from going hard. He has a lot to learn in a short time for this team to do anything this year. Was very excited to get him but had hoped he would have to do nothing more than be a backup this year. Now he will most likely start. Trial by fire.

SKJ has some basketball skills, but he never looked comfortable on the floor. Was in the wrong place at the wrong time just about every time he got in early in the season. Could be his youth. Could be that he does not listen to coaching or he was just overwhelmed. He had some Marcus Lee moments, but he at least looks like he knows what to do with a basketball in his hands, which is something Lee will never have going for him. SKJ just needs confidence.

Shai is an unknown. He's been touted as a jack of all trades sort of guard. Long defensively, pass first, can hit the open shot from deep, etc. Will take him half a season just to figure out how he best contributes to this team.

Personally I hate when we get ranked high to start a season when the team has not even played together. I know it makes great press and helps the media and ESPN get more views for a hyped team to play, but it is certainly not based on anything tangible. It is a bunch of hot air.

Expectations for this team should be tempered early. There are a lot of kids on this team that are basketball players AND good athletes. This is combination that we've lacked many years. Lots of athletes that just don't have the basketball chops. Lee, Poythress, Goodwin, WCS and Skal to name a few. Then there are the ball players who are not as physically gifted, Ulis, Briscoe and Wiltjer as examples.

Cal demands much from his players on defense. Every player on this roster with the exception of Tai has to potential to be a GREAT defender, at multiple positions.

As far as offense goes, with this many long players the offense more than likely will be get a shot up at the rim and rebound it scoring on second chance opportunities. It is not pretty but Cal got a team to the championship game with the Randle/Twins team that did just that.

Last edited by a moderator:
People gonna say its UNC fan throwing salt, but I'm sorry, this is ridiculous:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-leads-list-top-25-players-college-basketball

Grayson Allen isn't even the best player on his own team.

Now here's the homer-UNC:

Joel Berry that low? Please. He might not have NBA stock but dude just played in back to back title games and won MOP. If we had won last year, he woulda won MOP then. Put some respek on that man's name.

It's almost like for some players they based the rank including their NBA outlook and for others they completely ignored it (non-dook and non-unc players included.)

I saw that article. Garbage. Literally almost every comment under the article is about Berry ranked too low. :lol: :smh:

Damn shame.

y'all gotta stop reading them trash ESPN articles.

their CBB "analysis" is in the dumpster at this point. 

Grayson allen the best player in CBB.

ok 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom