The College Basketball Post

Neither he or I took any money.

29-Camron-NP.gif

Uh oh Kansas

BREAKING: FBI says it has documents relating to KU's involvement with Adidas, but can't release them.

Seems like Dotson to KU and Ayala to Maryland.

Adding him and Moses Brown to Wiggins and Smith is a nice haul. I like Smith a lot.

Kendall Johnson and James Wiseman destined for UK

Last edited:
Uh oh Kansas

BREAKING: FBI says it has documents relating to KU's involvement with Adidas, but can't release them.

Before we all go grabbing the pitchforks and the tar lets put that comment into context with the ENTIRE article...

'The Federal Bureau of Investigation, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, told the Kansan on Wednesday that it has documents related to the University of Kansas and its sponsorship with the Adidas apparel company, but cannot release them due to an ongoing legal investigation.

The presence of documents responsive to the Kansan’s request, filed on Sept. 27, does not necessarily implicate the University in wrongdoing and appears to contradict what Kansas Athletics officials said after the scandal broke.".'

This article was written by the student newspaper and for right now, pure click bait. It does not specify what kind of documents they are...they could be a simple as the contract that KU signed with adidas - the same as any other adidas sponsored school. Administration stance from Day 1 has been they have not been contacted by the FBI and the fact that these 'documents' are under legal investigation means nothing until the public finds out exactly what 'ongoing legal investigation' means. KU could have submitted those documents, athletic departments in house legal staff could be reviewing them, or the they could be part of an FBI investigation (which I highly doubt - not because I think KU is 'holier / or better than everyone else) but simply because that would have been leaked and made public.

If KU is implicated for wrongdoing then they deserve whatever punishment is handed down but for right now this is all pure speculation.

The NCAA's UNC Infractions Report is being released tomorrow. For real this time.

It's trash they're doing it the same day as Late Night with Roy but whatever.

Yep.

Heard them also coming for all wins from 02-11 including both banners. That was from elsewhere and I'm not sure the NCAA has the balls to bring that much heat but we'll see.

I think 1 year ban and scholarship loss for multiple seasons is something to expect

Yep.

Heard them also coming for all wins from 02-11 including both banners. That was from elsewhere and I'm not sure the NCAA has the balls to bring that much heat but we'll see.

I think 1 year ban and scholarship loss for multiple seasons is something to expect

Wish they'd retro-actively give MSU that 2009 title!

I was there. That **** sucked, real quick in the title game.

Damn...if they take down banners thats bringing down the hammer...you think they will lose committs this year if they ban?

Damn, not Uncle Roy...If all that takes place I can't imagine him taking that very well.

Personally, I can't see the NCAA going that far against one of the premier basketball schools - unless what they un-discovered was that bad and deserved that type of punishment.

How long has this investigation been going on...three or four years now?

Just about. Regardless of what the punishment(s) is, I'm just happy it's finally over and I got to see them bring a title back to Chapel Hill.

On the extreme end, even if they take away wins or remove banners fans and players still have the memories and feelings associated with those March Madness runs. In your mind they will always been champs, regardless of what the NCAA rules.

Very similar to Memphis 2008 and the Fab Five. Vacated wins and took down banners but those fans and players have memories that will last a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom