The College Basketball Post

In this thread, if we are asking if a player got a bag dropped off he more than likely did.

Reading this is anyone else surprised at how small the amounts are? DSJ got $75k but what is that in comparison to the amount that NC State made off of him and his talent. Small drop in the hat. Also I was assuming guys were getting bribes to go to a school. Seems like most, save for a few were taking out loans, paying them back or under the assumption that they were going to pay them back.

Wake me up when a kid is getting 2 or 3 million to attend a school. Wake me up when a coach directly linked to an agent, runner, etc that okays a bribe so that a player will go to that respective school. As far as I'm concerned this is a non story.
Yeah I mean, I assume that the whole point of this investigation is to uncover whether these payments are being made to funnel players to certain schools, not just paying them in general.

Reading this is anyone else surprised at how small the amounts are? DSJ got $75k but what is that in comparison to the amount that NC State made off of him and his talent.
That's from one agent. :lol: These kids probably take stuff from other guys too, but your point remains.

In this thread, if we are asking if a player got a bag dropped off he more than likely did.

Reading this is anyone else surprised at how small the amounts are? DSJ got $75k but what is that in comparison to the amount that NC State made off of him and his talent. Small drop in the hat. Also I was assuming guys were getting bribes to go to a school. Seems like most, save for a few were taking out loans, paying them back or under the assumption that they were going to pay them back.

Wake me up when a kid is getting 2 or 3 million to attend a school. Wake me up when a coach directly linked to an agent, runner, etc that okays a bribe so that a player will go to that respective school. As far as I'm concerned this is a non story.

The funniest thing about the whole thing is that when the bits and pieces of what was supposedly was going to be in this story, they were making it seem like it was tracking down the money that got Recruit A to go to Big School B. Come to find out, its pretty much all about Agents advancing/loaning money to kids so that they sign with them, and they didn't even manage to implicate the school like they did in football (i.e. John Blake 2 UNC, a.k.a Black Santa). When/If that starts happening, then its really something to look at.

Even if we eventually come to the day where the NCAA pays the kids (hilarious, I know) this kind of stuff that they are researching is STILL going to happen. It's courting a potential client and trying to get them to ink with you and you do all that you can to woo them.

yea report is nothing....isnt there like a threshold for those dinners? i doubt 70 dollar dinner will make wendell or any other guys ineligible...and like someone said...this isnt something to where player A gets money to go to certain school...

Years of investigation work...pain staking hours...wire taps...to find out, for example Miles Bridges mom got a $1,700 advance.

Actually the report says she got $400 cash advance. And a $70 dinner paid for, before Miles ever played a game but after he committed.

Actually the report says she got $400 cash advance. And a $70 dinner paid for, before Miles ever played a game but after he committed.

Sorry - how trivial the amount was is the point I was trying to make and Bridges was the first one that came to mind. $470. I feel so much better knowing that the FBI did all that hard work to uncover a $400 cash advance.

It’s like a work meeting over dinner. I’m not allowed to accept a meal over like $500 Euro but you know damn well that tab gets over that 5x.

Yo, this is bad. This isn’t going to end well at all for a lot of programs..damn.

I mean, this is the whole point of what I assumed the FBI probe was for. Not just an agent fronting money to dudes. There will definitely be more to come...

Back
Top Bottom