The College Basketball Post

I don't think this is going to start a big trend...I mean it hasn't really worked out much for others....wondering if Kentucky didnt stack guards or tre didnt come back he would have gone there...

I don't think this is going to start a big trend...I mean it hasn't really worked out much for others....wondering if Kentucky didnt stack guards or tre didnt come back he would have gone there...

If it works for RJ..and his draft stock stays the same or better yet improves? You best believe other players are following suit.

I always thought RJ was going to Duke years ago.

IMO his options getting crowded led them to make overseas his best option but with his family going for a year he really might be in the best situation possible.

The NCAA can't have all their top prospects dip to go play overseas. Anything that gets us closer to paying the players and bringing back our college sports video games.
Folks are always going to watch the NCAA product whether the top prospects are there or not. Was never a problem when the top prospects were jumping straight to the draft and forgoing college.

The NCAA can't have all their top prospects dip to go play overseas. Anything that gets us closer to paying the players and bringing back our college sports video games.

Folks are always going to watch the NCAA product whether the top prospects are there or not. Was never a problem when the top prospects were jumping straight to the draft and forgoing college.
I’m in favor of the top prospects going pro or into development as soon as they can. Let the college ranks fill up with real amateurs, guys who need the scholarship. Once the quality of players drops, all the teams will be competing with the same level talent for the most part. Tons of kids would love to play ball for a scholarship knowing they have next to no chance of playing pro.

Thing is his stock can dip too...I mean he reclassed which means hes year younger about to play grown dudes....I dont know much about league but he could also struggle and get pushed around...im all for getting your money but also its not like it's a full year of schooling.. he would be there for what a semester? Plus you go to a blue blood you are getting major exposure considering you will be on ESPN almost every week...we will forget about him up until draft comes around lol...I really think if he would have gone to school but seems like once Duke and Kentucky dried out he didnt really want to go anywhere else

Terrance Ferguson and Emmanuel Mudiay both played overseas, and dropped from their "mock" spots didn't they?
Ferguson's would've dropped regardless, once he couldn't just out-dunk his competition he started to look funny. And for Mudiay its possible he dropped but he still went 6th.

Terrance Ferguson and Emmanuel Mudiay both played overseas, and dropped from their "mock" spots didn't they?

Ferguson was a great athlete but his overall game needed work. Mudiay went 7th in the Draft but depending on what mock drafts you follow he could have went 1-5. His stock 'slipped' because it took awhile for him to adjust to the league he was playing in and he got hurt.

The family and the media are making this out to be way bigger than what it really is. They wanted up front money for their sons services and they found it from UA. No other college could come close to matching so they took the money.

Thing is his stock can dip too...I mean he reclassed which means hes year younger about to play grown dudes....I dont know much about league but he could also struggle and get pushed around...im all for getting your money but also its not like it's a full year of schooling.. he would be there for what a semester? Plus you go to a blue blood you are getting major exposure considering you will be on ESPN almost every week...we will forget about him up until draft comes around lol...I really think if he would have gone to school but seems like once Duke and Kentucky dried out he didnt really want to go anywhere else
I personally don't think this really matters as far as his pro outlook goes. Sure, casual folks aren't going to be very familiar with him as they would with a guy at Duke or UK, but decision makers absolutely will be. It's not like he's going to be playing in some third world country. As long as he's as good as his class ranking says he is, he'll be fine.

Stock can dip in college too. See Cam Reddish.

Cam bout to be top 7 pick I mean how much did it really dip...still at places like Duke or Kentucky your brand gets build by just being there and being talked about...you for sure benefit by having those attached to you

Cam bout to be top 7 pick I mean how much did it really dip...still at places like Duke or Kentucky your brand gets build by just being there and being talked about...you for sure benefit by having those attached to you

I know Duke alum who get season tickets based off of when the Duke kids come to town. Get the 20 game plan or whatever:

Glad to see RJ go put money in his own pockets instead of another prestige University

Hope Jalen Green does the same next year

Back
Top Bottom