The College Basketball Post

Todd has been a possibility to go pro for the last few months whenever I first mentioned it back when he cut his list. Gotta think Josh knew within the last week and chose to play with his brother

I simply asked what they were contending for, as I don't believe they would've been a national title contender even with those 2 players. So maybe they were contending for NCAA berth? Big Ten title?

Congrats on the 2 runner ups in the last 30 years, I guess

Yeah, the thinking was that a solid group of returning players + a great recruiting class would've made Michigan a national contender.

What makes this worse is that 2 expected returners also entered the transfer portal.

I'm not sure next season is going to happen, so it's hard to be real moved by what's transpired.

Florida only really lost Blacksher and Bassett , but have five new players coming in . They would be ranked top 10 if they had a real coach

UK big EJ Montgomery just went pro .

Kentucky is mostly all wings next season , they suspect inside and a point guard

Last edited:
At what point is the NCAA gunna have to start paying?

In the age of social media, the deal aint good enough for a top prospect.

unless yall really don't care about the talent level.

Yea they're gonna have a serious problem on their hands real soon once all the top HS prospects say **** playing for free a year when they can get 500k to play for a year straight out of graduation while still getting great experience/coaching to prepare for the league and draft...

It's no contest at all for the top talents

Got zero sympathy for them either when their holier than thou self righteous asses are 100% responsible for this for their rigid/stone age thinking :lol:.

The tides were turning when it comes to general attitudes/opinions relating to compensation for college athletes and they instead chose to double down on the status quo instead of being proactive and offering improvements on their model.

They're just reaping what they've sowed through their stubbornness

Last edited:
NCAA being dumb about this, I get it, it was amazing getting the labour for free for decades,

but a some point you gotta give it up

college can compete, you do have a big platform, just break off a liiiitle bread and im sure you;; be able to lure guys back.

5 star recruits to the NCAA rn:

source.gif

I'd be pretty shocked if a few more of these top 20 guys in THIS class don't say screw it to their letter of intents and go the G League route now.

While the G league route may look enticing to a lot of the 5* guys, the reality is, skipping out on college for the G league still won't make your path to the NBA any easier. Yes, they do get paid, as opposed to "not" getting paid by playing in college for a year. (We all know that this isn't true for some lol)

Plenty of great 3 and 4 year players from college are in and out of the G league or went the overseas route. I don't see how that'll be any different for a kid fresh outta HS. Idk who's selling these HS guys these G league dreams, but a lot of them are still going to need college to develop and become better players, or that 4 year degree to go pro in something else.

Back
Top Bottom