The College Basketball Post

I'm all for the NCAA coming off of its high horse. Truss mi I am.

But before kids start making a mass exodus to the G League we are going to need to see someone who went that route and it pans out. Is RJ Hampton's career going to be better because he went overseas instead of KU? Does a potential one year in the G League actually make you a better prospect than one year at Duke, UNC, Kentucky or Kansas? Kids these days are all about brand and exposure and can you get more of that playing at a 'blue blood' school or can you get that playing for the Sioux Fall Skyforce? That is nice that a player like Jalen Green got $500k but I have to imagine that only a select few players will get that type of offer while the rest will get the 35k contract.

Just like a college decision there are pros and cons so I don't believe that Green's announcement today made it a slam dunk decision that the NCAA is going to change its habits or stop kids from going the 'one and done' route.

I'll be very interested to see what Emoni Bates does.

I'm all for the NCAA coming off of its high horse. Truss mi I am.

But before kids start making a mass exodus to the G League we are going to need to see someone who went that route and it pans out. Is RJ Hampton's career going to be better because he went overseas instead of KU? Does a potential one year in the G League actually make you a better prospect than one year at Duke, UNC, Kentucky or Kansas? Kids these days are all about brand and exposure and can you get more of that playing at a 'blue blood' school or can you get that playing for the Sioux Fall Skyforce? That is nice that a player like Jalen Green got $500k but I have to imagine that only a select few players will get that type of offer while the rest will get the 35k contract.

Just like a college decision there are pros and cons so I don't believe that Green's announcement today made it a slam dunk decision that the NCAA is going to change its habits or stop kids from going the 'one and done' route.

I'll be very interested to see what Emoni Bates does.
They'll probably let you go straight to the league by the time Bates is a senior.

1587074406160.png

The NCAA will still be able to subside with the unranked and 2 or 3 star kids but when it comes to the big name, five star kids we about to find out who can really buss out the biggest bags.

Indifferent about that one, possibly helps in the short turn, with more minutes to allocate to the bigs.. But he was going to be a 4 year guy, so it hurts in the long run.

Roy has never won a chip without solid upperclassmen. Now that UNC is landing OaD's, top 25 HS guys, the lower rated guys don't want to stick around..

Francis showed some flashes. Good luck to that man. I definitely like the idea of RJ Davis getting back-up PG minutes though. Kid is a stud.

Francis transferring is probably a good sign we locked up Kerwin Walton.

Yea, I was talking to my dad the other day and I think RJ Davis and Puff Johnson are guys to watch. Could be those types of players that linger around and end up leading the program on a deep tournament run.

Kinda surprised about Francis. I mean Roy stuck by him through him not playing for like over 2 years after what many considered to be a "too early" offer. Wish him the best though, he clearly has some game. Not sure if it's ACC starter game, but its game.

Back
Top Bottom