The College Basketball Post

Not sure what Wes should do honestly.

If things go south with Hubert, it's probably his job, especially if he continues to do well at UNCG or a even more so at a Power 5.

You can't dislike Hubert though, but I'm disappointed to hear that Frederick (most likely) and Marshall (def) are being let go from staff.

Rumors of King Rice, Jeff Lebo, potentially George Lynch in the mix to sit the bench. Sounds like May is staying. I'd like to see Jeff McInnis get a look cause he's been killing the AAU circuit with his kids and he's got local ties and has churned out some good guards.

Wes is only 38. He can afford to spend another 5-10 seasons at UNCG and still be able to get a great P5 gig before he’s even 50.

If G continues its momentum as a program and wins some tournament games, people won’t be saying he’s undeserving of coaching a big school. I don’t think Wes is the type of guy to react negatively to the Hubert hire, this was the best choice for UNC considering they need stability right now

No mention of past Baylor alumni is complete without mentioning Pierre Jackson. Homeboy was a PROBLEM.

Hats off to Baylor and Drew. He constructed a roster that was building for this season. Got guys to buy in, wait their turn and they all were some dawgs. You could see it right from the opening tip that Gonzaga wanted no smoke with how physical and relentless those Baylor players were.

Now comes the hard part of doing this all over again. Drew is going to find out just how hard it will be to live up the expectations moving forward.

Did it for the guys :pimp:
1617679729025.jpeg
1617679825273.jpeg
1617679811893.jpeg

Baylor ditched adidas and those trash unis and look what happened

Last edited:
No mention of past Baylor alumni is complete without mentioning Pierre Jackson. Homeboy was a PROBLEM.

Hats off to Baylor and Drew. He constructed a roster that was building for this season. Got guys to buy in, wait their turn and they all were some dawgs. You could see it right from the opening tip that Gonzaga wanted no smoke with how physical and relentless those Baylor players were.

Now comes the hard part of doing this all over again. Drew is going to find out just how hard it will be to live up the expectations moving forward.
AACED8D4-4B15-4B46-AB27-4D105D2B1C3B.jpeg
i have a game worn shoe signed by Pierre Jackson. As far as living up to expectations, Scott Drew he has a national Championship under his belt. The expectation has been met.

Not sure what Wes should do honestly.

If things go south with Hubert, it's probably his job, especially if he continues to do well at UNCG or a even more so at a Power 5.

Just coach. could be up next regardless of how long Hubert's there

I think he gets what it is. Hubert paid his dues, just not as a head coach

spacedoodoo spacedoodoo we’re operating under different definitions of active. Thread is <4000 pages and was made when I was undergrad. I’m over a decade past graduation.

I'm disappointed that the Zags lost tonight, but at least it's not Duke, Kansas, UK, UNC or one of those other "perennial contenders" winning again. Congrats to Baylor.

Idk how but Cal will get it turn around this was just a bad year. UK gonna be back :nerd: 🙏🏾
For what it's worth, the Zags are about to get the No. 1 recruit in the country in Chet Holmgren.

He and Suggs played on the same high school basketball team. We'll see what the cascading effect of that is after a few years of top recruits going there.
and they just landed Hunter Sallis.

Few is getting the kids he wasn’t before
:rolleyes

and it’s gonna be the same outcome, bums gonna come up short

What's the point of staying at Greensboro?

He definitely doesn’t have to stay, I’m just saying if he did stay and continued the momentum G has, no P5 school is going to deny him the opportunity to be their HC.

Mike Young went from Wofford to VA Tech after they were coming off their best season under buzz williams. Steve Forbes went from ETSU to Wake. If Hubert Davis does not succeed, the UNC job is Wes’ regardless if he’s at G or somewhere else.

At people calling the Zags bums when their blue blood programs can barely get out of round of 32 if that :rofl: and that’s considering they bring in top 5 classes each year.

Edit: the hate is real, like many have said, the paradigm is shifting considerably.

At people calling the Zags bums when their blue blood programs can barely get out of round of 32 if that :rofl: and that’s considering they bring in top 5 classes each year.

You damn well they beat up of cupcakes in their conference to pad their record and stats

He definitely doesn’t have to stay, I’m just saying if he did stay and continued the momentum G has, no P5 school is going to deny him the opportunity to be their HC.

Mike Young went from Wofford to VA Tech after they were coming off their best season under buzz williams. Steve Forbes went from ETSU to Wake. If Hubert Davis does not succeed, the UNC job is Wes’ regardless if he’s at G or somewhere else.
I completely agree with you. I think he could get almost whatever P5 job he wants that comes available. I just don't see why he doesn't join the party sooner than later. Nobody cares about Greensboro outside of folks in North Carolina.

You damn well they beat up of cupcakes in their conference to pad their record and stats

And they still got to the final. Where is UK, Duke, UNC? I’m a massive UNC fan and all these teams are nowhere and they have top 5 classes every year. Don’t make excuses. They still had to win to make the finals.

I completely agree with you. I think he could get almost whatever P5 job he wants that comes available. I just don't see why he doesn't join the party sooner than later. Nobody cares about Greensboro outside of folks in North Carolina.

If the UNC job is going to be there, then why leave when you’re already comfortable recruiting the state and contending for the SoCon title every year? I don’t understand why people believe he needs to leave if the UNC job is his ultimate goal. If Shaka Smart stayed at VCU this entire time and continued to have success he would’ve been a head candidate for the UNC job, same with Brad Stevens if he had stayed at Butler, regardless if they had ever reached another final 4.

Again, I truly believe Wes would’ve been hired if Hubert wasn’t hand selected by Roy as his successor and there weren’t as many guys leaving the program. This was not a decision that was made 2 days ago. This was more than likely discussed 6 months ago before the season even started. Hubert is a stability hire, not a best coach hire.

Also, people don’t care for NC State or Wake Forest outside of North Carolinians and alumni.

Timme was the only one who looked outmatched last night on the Zags, but nobody on their team got hot from three to surge them back into it. It was pretty much over if you can’t turn the game into that with how good Baylor was playing.

Kispert and Nembhard occasionally threw up makes amongst their misses, and neither Ajayi or Nembhard were getting the right rolls on the rim like they were in the UCLA game.

They were still somewhat keeping it within 10-15 after that initial surge despite only Suggs getting things to go... I don’t think they got exposed, it’s just no one got hot when they have typically 5 players that can at any time, and credit to Baylor on that part in terms of their defense and motor on second-chance opportunities.

If the UNC job is going to be there, then why leave when you’re already comfortable recruiting the state and contending for the SoCon title every year? I don’t understand why people believe he needs to leave if the UNC job is his ultimate goal. If Shaka Smart stayed at VCU this entire time and continued to have success he would’ve been a head candidate for the UNC job, same with Brad Stevens if he had stayed at Butler, regardless if they had ever reached another final 4.

But what if the Hubert Davis hire works out and Davis is coaching UNC for another 20 years. I'm sure Wes doesn't want to stay at UNCG for another 20 years just waiting for the UNC job :lol:

But what if the Hubert Davis hire works out and Davis is coaching UNC for another 20 years. I'm sure Wes doesn't want to stay at UNCG for another 20 years just waiting for the UNC job :lol:
Right. This is how I'm looking at it :lol:

Just take a better job somewhere and if the UNC job were to open up some point, go for it.

Then Wes is gonna have to wait 20 years coaching at Tennessee and West Virginia respectively for the UNC job. :lol:

He’s gonna have to play the waiting game regardless. The only thing G can’t give him is as much money as other schools.

And they still got to the final. Where is UK, Duke, UNC? I’m a massive UNC fan and all these teams are nowhere and they have top 5 classes every year. Don’t make excuses. They still had to win to make the finals.

there's no doubt that most programs wish they were on Gonzaga's level

the jokes and slander will fly because the undefeated talk had people talking like they were one of the best teams of all time

All coaches are better off taking that next jump when they can. UNC would feel better about hiring Wes if he had 5-7 years at a power 5 school anyway. less of a learning curve.

Going to a P5 immediately gives him more experience coaching/recruiting higher level talent, which would be both good for him, and for UNC some day.

Even if it's not a P5, a job in the Big East, AAC, and even the A10 would all be better than staying at UNCG.

I wish St John’s could make a big time hire so they’d be relevant again but even if they could hire someone like Wes, I still think he’d struggle to get kids to stay in NYC. It’s not the program that it once was.

Back
Top Bottom