The College Basketball Post

During Sunday's St. john's pep rally, instead of saying how much he appreciated fan support and trying to rally students, Norm Roberts mentioned howrude it was to have a fan yelling for him to be fired all game long. He was speaking to students.

dunno if yall saw or have seen it but SNY put on SJU/Uconn classic game..

fat boy, Rip vs Artest, Barkley, etc..

Sad, to see the state of affairs now..cause the garden was electric for that one. Forgot how it used to be for college hoops (outside of the BET)

Yea I caught that a few weeks back.

Garden was definitely rockin, looked like a Knicks game in the playoffs. I've seen pics of Spike Lee actually at SJU games
eek.gif

There's really nothing we as students can do about it. The AD is thickheaded, and is more content with a 'clean' program moreso than a winning one.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

The AD is thickheaded, and is more content with a 'clean' program moreso than a winning one.

In a way, I don't blame him.
It's crazy how scandals can destroy an entire program.

Michigan, UNLV, SJU...

"I'll Be Back": Lance Stephenson Talks Kansas

February 24, 2009 by Matt Scott

There isn't a better way to enjoy a pancake dinner at 6:00 p.m. then when one of the best players in the country gives you call to talk about his visit,Kansas, and his future.
With his father Lance Stephenson Sr. by his side, ESPN's #8 ranked overall player, Lance Stephenson Jr. shared his thoughts about his trip to Lawrence thispast weekend and his thoughts on the Kansas Jayhawks.
"It was great. We got to meet the coaches and it was really a good time," Stephenson said.
When speaking about the coaches, Lance feels that Coach Self is certainly someone he could see himself playing for, and someone that could take his game to thenext level.
"He's a good coach," said Stephenson. "I think he is someone that can make me better," Stephenson added.

When it came to the Kansas fans, it appears they certainly did their job last Saturday during the Nebraska game. Multiple signs, like the one that read"Born Ready to Rock Chalk" and huge full head cut outs of Lance, certainly left an impression on the 6′5″ 220 lbs swing guard from New York.
"They were great! They made me feel really welcomed there," Lance commented about the Kansas fans.
As far as a timetable for his decision, Stephenson looks to have that all lined up. When asked if his list still consists of Kansas, St.John's, andMaryland, Stephenson added that Wake Forest is also on the list and he plans to visit, but didn't know when that would be. However, Lance does have a datein mind to make his announcement.
"April 15," said Stephenson.
April 15th certainly won't come fast enough for Kansas fans, as the highly regarded player from New York has one of the most anticipated decsions in recentmemory.
When asked what he would say to all the Kansas fans, Lance calmly replied.
"I'll Be Back!"

Originally Posted by SHUGES

capt.ec04a29974b94ae6bd7c884122910678.syracuse_st_johns_basketball_nyjj102.jpg
I want Norm to look at this picture and address how off balance and careless Dele is here. Of course Norm ignores this and chalks it up to Delebeing overaggressive instead of teaching him to be balanced and calm.

I'm mad I missed that SJU/UConn game. Hopefully SNY reruns it.
It's really just between St. John's and Kansas for Lance. I think he's gonna stay at home though.
During Sunday's St. john's pep rally, instead of saying how much he appreciated fan support and trying to rally students, Norm Roberts mentioned how rude it was to have a fan yelling for him to be fired all game long. He was speaking to students.
I'm not surprised. His kindness and politeness is extremely overrated.

Jayhawks need to sit this one out and let the little fish eat.
Don't be scared, Lance saying that means +@!@. Dude just wanted to gas his own head by hearing the fans.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Can't wait for Quette/Uconn.
pimp.gif
UCONN will destroy them. 'Quettes lack of depth and size will surface tomorrow.

I think your right about this, but I'll be pulling for Quette.

If we have ANY shot at winning the BE, obviously UConn has to lose at least one more.

Don't be scared, Lance saying that means +@!@. Dude just wanted to gas his own head by hearing the fans.
I sure hope so
frown.gif

BOSTON - I just landed back home after spending exactly 10 hours in Norman, Okla.

I drove to Dallas late last night and got on an earlier flight home so I could catch No. 23 Florida State tonight at Boston College.

The Seminoles are one of the few ranked teams I haven't seen in person - and Florida State associate head coach Stan Jones has been raving about the play of star guard Toney Douglas.

I had a chance to talk to Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione -clearly one of elite AD's. Remember, this is a guy who has hired Bob Stoops and Jeff Capel - a pair of home runs.

While Capel will certainly have no shortage of suitors after this season, don't expect Castiglione to go down without a fight. Capel is an ACC guy at heart, having played at Duke, but has come to love his job at OU.

Blake Griffin still didn't look like himself last night on the bench in the loss to Kansas. He looked out of it - especially in the first half.

Capel said there was some thought to not allowing Griffin to come to the game at all. His younger brother, Jason, who played at North Carolina, suffered a concussion and said the noise and lights didn't help his recovery.

COACH OF YEAR: DANDY DOZEN

People have been telling me that I'm plugging too many guys for Coach of the Year. Well, here are my top 12 (I still reserve the right to make alterations with postseason around the corner).

1) Jay Wright, Villanova - The guy may not have an NBA player on his entire roster and the Wildcats are 22-5 and 10-4 in Big East play. If 'Nova can keep this up, Wright has the slight edge for National Coach of the Year.

2) Brad Stevens, Butler - Lost four starters and was picked to finish in the middle of the Horizon. He's got the Bulldogs with 23 wins and in first place in the league with a team that starts three freshmen.

3) Russ Pennell, Arizona - With all the drama and basically three guys on the roster that are Arizona-good, the guy with the interim tag has the Wildcats in the hunt for an NCAA tournament bid with an 18-9 mark and a 8-6 league record. He should be a lock to pick up a mid-major head gig after the season,

4) Leonard Hamilton, Florida State - Entering the season on the proverbial hot seat, Hamilton has done it with an inexperienced group and senior guard Toney Douglas. The 'Noles are a lock tourney team.

5) Jim Boylen, Utah - The second-year Utes head man has his club in first place in a Mountain West conference that will likely get three bids to the Big Dance. He's found a way to get the most out of Aussie big man Luke Nevill.

6) Ed Conroy, The Citadel - It's a program was virtually no tradition and one of the most difficult jobs in the country. Conroy has orchestrated one of the top turnarounds in the country and has the team 18-10 and just two games back from Davidson for first place in the Southern.

7) Mike Anderson, Missouri - There has been no shortage of impressive coaching jobs this year in the Big 12, but Anderson is ahead of the rest. The Tigers are 23-4 overall and 10-2 in the league.

glasses.gif
Bill Self, Kansas - The defending national champs lost all five starters, but Self's coaching job has been far better this season with Sherron Collins, seldom-used big man Cole Aldrich and a bunch of young guys. The Jayhawks sit alone in first place in the Big 12 after their win at Oklahoma. "

9) Buzz Williams, Marquette - Sure, he took over a team that has three all-league caliber senior-laden guards. He also took over a team that is forced to play 6-foot-5 ½ Lazar Hayward in the post - and the Golden Eagles are 23-4 overall and 12-2 in the Big East.

10) Oliver Purnell, Clemson - The guy does everything quietly. It's not an easy job - just ask Florida associate head coach Larry Shyatt, but Purnell has it rolling these days and the Tigers are 22-4 and tied for second place in the ACC.

11) Lorenzo Romar, Washington - Another guy that has quietly gotten it done this year. He has veterans Jon Brockman and Justin Dentmon, but the addition of explosive freshman guard Isaiah Thomas has been the key as the Huskies sit atop the Pac-10 with a 20-7 record and a 11-4 league mark.

12) Ken McDonald, Western Kentucky and Eric Reveno, Portland - OK, so I couldn't cut it down to 12 after all. Both of these guys have exceeded expectations in a large way. McDonald is a rookie who took over a team decimated by graduation and has the Hilltoppers one game away from 20 wins and in first place in the Sun Belt. Reveno and the Pilots have come out of nowhere in his third season and are 18-9 overall and 9-3 and in second place in the WCC.

Dont let him G you, that _ is not going to a program that will allow him to be embarrassed on a regular basis. He wants to be publicized as much as possible.How many Johnnies games have been on National TV in the past 5yrs???? Y'all can chalk that one up fellas.... Its Over!

Are there anymore 6-10 athletic big tough minded bigs out there???? We Need One In Thee Worst Way!

Why in the world would Capel leave Oklahoma or Dawkins leave Stanford for Duke???
laugh.gif

Nah, both would be GREAT successors for Coack K. And I'm sure 1 of them will return when he retires.

UCONN gonna lose.

Their non clutch shooters gon get them merc'd

Quette gonna hit like 15 3s to off set Thabeet in the middle

In another sign of the trying economic times, the Atlantic Coast Conference says it has tickets available for its men's basketball tournament.
The ACC will make tickets available to the general public for the first time since 1966. They go on sale starting next Monday for the March 12-15 tournament, which will be held at Atlanta's Georgia Dome.

While tournament seats are normally among the toughest in sports to land, ACC commissioner John Swofford Tuesday attributed the availability to a combination of "playing this year's tournament in a dome during very trying economic times."

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Dont let him G you, that _ is not going to a program that will allow him to be embarrassed on a regular basis. He wants to be publicized as much as possible. How many Johnnies games have been on National TV in the past 5yrs???? Y'all can chalk that one up fellas.... Its Over!

Are there anymore 6-10 athletic big tough minded bigs out there???? We Need One In Thee Worst Way!
Look you might be right, Lance prolly will end up at Kansas, but him saying that %*+$ right there mean't nothing. Dude said that to hear hisown voice.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Dont let him G you, that _ is not going to a program that will allow him to be embarrassed on a regular basis. He wants to be publicized as much as possible. How many Johnnies games have been on National TV in the past 5yrs???? Y'all can chalk that one up fellas.... Its Over!

Look you might be right, Lance prolly will end up at Kansas, but him saying that %*+$ right there mean't nothing. Dude said that to hear his own voice.

Oh I wasn't saying that was his commitment or anything.. I was telling my dude not to get excited about him staying in nyc for Johns. As much of anattention %*+!# as he is theres no way he goes somewhere that receives such a decreased level of national attention, he has to be on THE STAGE, andunfortunately for SJU fan's they wouldn't be there even if he signs and he knows this. He's just milking them for the boost of ego.

I saw that news about the ACC tourney earlier. I'm definitely contemplating heading to the ATL for my spring break and checking that out. I wonder whatprices will be like
nerd.gif

^ Yeah, they were only available through the schools basically. Students and season ticket holders were basically the only ones who had a shot at them.

Nosebleed all-session passes are selling for like $350 right now, so i'm hoping face value is like $275...

Back
Top Bottom